• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
They don't take older sports games anymore.

And I've noticed(on one of their recent tweets) that the 10$ minimum promo is now "For a limited time".

I thought maybe it was age, but they took MLB 14. But maybe it differs depending on genre. They also still had the sign up at the till saying that the promo was on, but oh well. Not a huge deal in the end.

I thought maybe it was age, but they took MLB 14. But maybe it differs depending on genre. They also still had the sign up at the till saying that the promo was on, but oh well. Not a huge deal in the end.

Yeah MLB is safe somehow and the promo is still going but it seems like they've recently added the "For a limited time" tidbit.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I'm curious, is there any reason to keep a PS3 copy of Persona 5 if you are going to play the PS4 version? Really not sure what I should do with this thing. lol

leeman

I'm curious, is there any reason to keep a PS3 copy of Persona 5 if you are going to play the PS4 version? Really not sure what I should do with this thing. lol

I kept mine because I am strangely fascinated by previous gen ports such as this and the Wii U version of Zelda BOTW. In other words, for collections sake only :p.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I kept mine because I am strangely fascinated by previous gen ports such as this and the Wii U version of Zelda BOTW. In other words, for collections sake only :p.
I still feel bad about trading in my copy of Wii U Zelda... but the prospect of 40 dollar splatoon was too much for me to pass up.

I also want to keep this as an oddity... but it's a 30+ dollar oddity. lol

They cancelled both of my orders for Xbox money. Those who have been successful in getting their codes, did you use an account or did you just place the order? I haven't used any account both times, and got the cancellation email in 20-45 minutes.

Lexxism

They cancelled both of my orders for Xbox money. Those who have been successful in getting their codes, did you use an account or did you just place the order? I haven't used any account both times, and got the cancellation email in 20-45 minutes.
It seems like orders with gift card on it was cancelled

mdubs

Banned
Shipped by AMZCA, it says my P5 was delivered (safe-dropped I guess?) at 10:30am (when I wasn't home) got home two hours later, no package at the door. Uh-oh!

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
I have a Take Your Heart edition pre ordered at the STC EB Games. I won't be picking it up so anyone interested in and in the area should be able to pick it up in a few days if you can't find it elsewhere.

Riptwo

Not necessarily a deal, but the NieR: Automata and Gestalt/Replicant soundtracks are up on iTunes Canada for $15.99 each. Looks like Automata is missing the cool 8-bit music though, so that's too bad.

CazTGG

Don't be stingy Windam! Its always been Toronto Gaf's policy to welcome other Canadian GAF with open arms, except P.E.I. GAF. Those boys are some kinda evil.

I thought it was The Prairie Provinces™Gaf that we were supposed to be uneasy towards.

EDIT: Persona 5: TYH Edition has shipped, supposedly it will arrive tomorrow.

Ondore

I'm going to try and snag a PS3 version soon because the localized versions have cross-save and the PS3 is in my office/bedroom while the PS4 is in the living room.

mdubs

Banned
To follow up: I got an email from Amazon (forwarded to me by my girlfriend who has the account in her name for reasons) that because they didn't get a response at the door, they went around to the side of my house where there is a bush and wedged the box (wrapped in plastic so it didn't get wet) between the bush and the house. Pretty damn good job well done, literally no way anyone would find that without knowing it was there - so just a heads up to the thread that this is a thing they do (if you have it delivered by AMZCA)

To follow up: I got an email from Amazon (forwarded to me by my girlfriend who has the account in her name for reasons) that because they didn't get a response at the door, they went around to the side of my house where there is a bush and wedged the box (wrapped in plastic so it didn't get wet) between the bush and the house. Pretty damn good job well done, literally no way anyone would find that without knowing it was there - so just a heads up to the thread that this is a thing they do (if you have it delivered by AMZCA)

That's...pretty strange actually...not sure I love the idea of a delivery guy roaming around my house looking for somewhere to stash a box...lol

mdubs

Banned
That's...pretty strange actually...not sure I love the idea of a delivery guy roaming around my house looking for somewhere to stash a box...lol

I was pretty satisfied (it was near the front of the house but away from the street), better than leaving it on the front steps.

Dazzler

Getting stuff delivered by AMZCA has been a bit of a pain in the ass, so I just get stuff delivered to my office now

Sure beats the phone call when they're outside your apartment, you're not home, and they want to know what to do with your package

Jayhawk

I called Amazon customer service before to no longer use their own AMZCA courier service, and stick to Canada Post for all my orders. Thus, Canada Post can hold my stuff when drop offs happen when I'm at work.

Firestar

I called Amazon customer service before to no longer use their own AMZCA courier service, and stick to Canada Post for all my orders. Thus, Canada Post can hold my stuff when drop offs happen when I'm at work.

Did that actually work? I've tried to get them to stop using shitty Purolator several times and I always get a generic response and extend my prime.

Jayhawk

You can do this?? I'm not stuck with Intelcom?

Yeah - do they actually listen to carrier requests!? I was under the impression that you got whatever random option they felt like depending on the goings on in the warehouse...

Did that actually work? I've tried to get them to stop using shitty Purolator several times and I always get a generic response and extend my prime.

Yes, it worked. They must have some note under my file or something. I can't remember the phone number I used earlier this year for this. I told them that I live in a building where big packages can't be left anywhere, while I am away at work.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I'm going to try and snag a PS3 version soon because the localized versions have cross-save and the PS3 is in my office/bedroom while the PS4 is in the living room.
Wait, PS3 and PS4 are cross play? Wow, if that's the case I'll definitely keep it.

Same trophy set then?

N° 2048

Holy hell, I ordered the P5 TYH Edition from BestBuy just 9 hours ago and it came just now:

O18Caxi.jpg
I choose the $13 next day delivery option but did not expect same day delivery instead. I was totally convinced it was coming tomorrow since it said just that but wow...go BB.
dhMeAzK.gif

I didn't even get sent a tracking # rofl what a beautiful surprise after dealing with Amazon's shit.

Holy hell, I ordered the P5 TYH Edition from BestBuy just 9 hours ago and it came just now:

I choose the $13 next day delivery option but did not expect same day delivery instead. I was totally convinced it was coming tomorrow since it said just that but wow...go BB.
dhMeAzK.gif

I didn't even get sent a tracking # rofl what a beautiful surprise after dealing with Amazon's shit.

Lol.

Qwyjibo

I wish Nioh was in stock at Toys r Us. None of my local stores had it for in-store pickup either. I put in an order for Horizon Zero Dawn. Hopefully it goes through.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom