• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

CKB3375

Just have her take an Al Bundy vacation in the living room:

htXh11Y.jpg

And monopolize my new tv watching the Food Network and Ellen? Pfft.....I think not.

CKB3375

Oh yeah I drove 4 hours just to go and pick it up. Well worth it! Amazing TV. I did such a gigantic jump that I don't know how a regular 4k TV should look like lol or even a 1080P set.

The only thing is the lack of 4K content on Canada side for Canadians.

Yeah, I hear you regarding content but we'll get there and the tv is future proof for many years ahead.

Mostly I got it to game in full 4K glory. RDR2 on an OLED is going to be ridiculous.

Trogdor1123

so how does amazons "guaranteed" delivery work? im on prime already so i dont pay for shipping anyways? If destiny does arrive tomorrow what happens? Mine shipped and is supposed to arrive tomorrow but I just want to know.

Chaptera/Indigo now sell a Big Book edition of Pojo's 20th Anniversary Pokemon book, it's a hard foil cover an costs $26.95.

Here's a pic by Pojo:

Nice to see SOMEONE make legit Pokemon books again (aside from Scholastic of course) in Beckett's long absence.

mdubs

Banned
so how does amazons "guaranteed" delivery work? im on prime already so i dont pay for shipping anyways? If destiny does arrive tomorrow what happens? Mine shipped and is supposed to arrive tomorrow but I just want to know.

Complain and they'll give you a $5 credit or something

Destiny 2 game plan tonight.
-Finish work at 10:30
-Get home around 11
-eat dinner by 11:10
-walk dog 11:20
-shower 11:30
-eb games by 11:45
Hope that the platinum card lineup is short.

Proc

Oh, I guess my amazon shipment is actually on time then eh.

Odd to see a Wednesday launch day. I really don't need Destiny 2 in my life right now...

Mikey Jr.

Yeah, I guess I sorta am too in the end haha. I am going to wait for the "deluxe version" in a year or two with all the expansion stuff.

Not me.

Going back to Destiny 1, not one wants to play the old shit.

I was like "hey, anyone wanna do the first raid?"

*crickets chirp*

Expect lots of loneliness till you get to the current stuff.

farisr

I was initially thinking of waiting out Destiny 2 as well till a packaged version comes out (if none of my RL friends are getting it). But then the $50 deal happened. And then I tried starting up Destiny The Collection and was overwhelmed with all the content, was totally lost as to how I should continue, couldn't relearn the systems again etc. and this was despite having played vanilla Destiny.

So yeah, gonna get Destiny 2 now for $50. And get the expansions as they come out if I'm still into the game.

killroy87

Destiny 2 game plan tonight.
-Finish work at 10:30
-Get home around 11
-eat dinner by 11:10
-walk dog 11:20
-shower 11:30
-eb games by 11:45
Hope that the platinum card lineup is short.

I feel like everyone is platinum haha. its a very easy card to get. last one of these i went to, the platinum line was longer lol (they still let those people in first, but more people than not had a platinum card so it was less cutting the line, and more reorganizing the line slightly)

Mikey Jr.

I was initially thinking of waiting out Destiny 2 as well till a packaged version comes out (if none of my RL friends are getting it). But then the $50 deal happened. And then I tried starting up Destiny The Collection and was overwhelmed with all the content, was totally lost as to how I should continue, couldn't relearn the systems again etc. and this was despite having played vanilla Destiny.

So yeah, gonna get Destiny 2 now for $50. And get the expansions as they come out if I'm still into the game.

Yeah, I went back a few months ago.

There is ton of stuff that happened I just got overwhelmed. I was getting weird loot, but couldn't be assed to google what it was for, blah blah.

Mikey Jr.

Oh, I guess my amazon shipment is actually on time then eh.

Odd to see a Wednesday launch day. I really don't need Destiny 2 in my life right now...

Fucking amazon.

What the hell?

Im gonna bitch at them tonight if it doesn't come. I had the game preordered for months.

jokkir

Heads up for anyone looking to buy a new jacket this winter. Looking through Amazon and noticed the Alpha Industries N-3B Parka non-slim (aka NeoGAFs official jacket) is on sale on Amazon for some colours and sizes. I don't believe it's as cheap as last year's sale but much cheaper than normal price.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B002JFM4Z8/

I just bought a small black one for $130+tax and saw that the small olive one is $68+tax.

Oh, and heads up that apparently these jackets run larger than normal so you'd need to size down

Robert807

So just wondering where the 10 percent discount is on NHL 18 PS4 on amazon. Do you only get the discount on certain games on pre orders . It cheaper just to buy the game digitally. No tax

killroy87

So just wondering where the 10 percent discount is on NHL 18 PS4 on amazon. Do you only get the discount on certain games on pre orders . It cheaper just to buy the game digitally. No tax
It's been popping up on fewer and fewer games recently I've noticed. Super frustrating

Vinc

Yeah I unsubbed from Prime and won't resub for this kind of promotion ever again, knowing how temporary it was. It's the shittiest of business practices.

Vinc

The "blessing" of the weak CAD is that it'll now seem cheap to buy $60 games at launch, if we ever return to parity.

r3n4ud

So, I put a block on my credit card for new transactions. Walmart sends me an email telling me they're having issues with payment and therefore my Destiny 2 order is cancelled.

Received another email from Walmart right after telling me Destiny 2 order shipped with tracking number. Uh ... okay?

Sora_N

That's my plan too but I barely have time to game. Don't want to get to the situation where I have to feel overwhelmed about the content later on for sure.

AtlasJQ

Neo Member
FYI I preordered Destiny 2 with the E3 deal and upgraded my shipping to priority a few weeks back from the original express I selected when I bought it. They shipped it "standard" for some reason via canada post with a September 18th expected date. Needless to say I picked up a copy at walmart today and I've voiced my... extreme displeasure with Amazon.

Not sure what the hell they are doing since they can't even get the shipping types right. They seem to have arbitrarily sent it via the cheapest way possible. Maybe they're looking to recoup costs from the people who took the E3 deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom