• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
FYI I preordered Destiny 2 with the E3 deal and upgraded my shipping to priority a few weeks back from the original express I selected when I bought it. They shipped it "standard" for some reason via canada post with a September 18th expected date. Needless to say I picked up a copy at walmart today and I've voiced my... extreme displeasure with Amazon.

Not sure what the hell they are doing since they can't even get the shipping types right. They seem to have arbitrarily sent it via the cheapest way possible. Maybe they're looking to recoup costs from the people who took the E3 deal?

Not even surprised.

Sealtest

Anyone get their preorder bonus code from Amazon? My copy shipped already, didn't get anything yet.

Here's hoping the marketing team knows something. If not expect weeks of back and forth with amazon trying to get your code. You're honestly better off contacting the developer and hoping they'll help you.

Mikey Jr.

Every Destiny 2 copy comes with 30 free of PS Plus.

IF YOU DON'T HAVE PLUS BUT PLAN TO PLAY DESTINY 2, first to quote this post gets it. If you buy a disc copy, it'll come with it. Digital won't obviously.

And don't be an asshole and take it for yourself and not use it or something. Doing it for my fellow Canadians.

IF YOU DON'T HAVE PLUS BUT PLAN TO PLAY DESTINY 2, first to quote this post gets it.

And don't be an asshole and take it for yourself and not use it or something. Doing it for my fellow Canadians.

What if you don't have plus but are interested in other online games? Honest question; I'm not into destiny so if that's a thing the next person can take it.

E - Never mind.

Huh it's not on the product page anymore, I thought I saw that you were supposed to get some skin.

EDIT: Finished chatting, they had no idea. Marketing team will get back to me. Doesn't really matter that much to me tho.

Yeah the EB receipt has some sort of DLC code on it. The clerk also said there's another code for something inside the case as well.

Side note: was nice to get nearly full value back on rabbids thanks to eb happiness guarantee, and easy swap for destiny. This alone sets them apart from the competition.

Haines

Banned

IF YOU DON'T HAVE PLUS BUT PLAN TO PLAY DESTINY 2, first to quote this post gets it. If you buy a disc copy, it'll come with it. Digital won't obviously.

Oh, well thats good. Guess ill just use that incase one psplus goes cheaper for a month

Sora_N

Yeah the EB receipt has some sort of DLC code on it. The clerk also said there's another code for something inside the case as well.

Side note: was nice to get nearly full value back on rabbids thanks to eb happiness guarantee, and easy swap for destiny. This alone sets them apart from the competition.

Yeah I figured there was something inside the case, I really can't remember if there was an actual bonus from Amazon or not - but it's removed now.

I'm glad about the EB guaranteed $50 on Destiny, I may trade it in if I don't like it. Hopefully I do though.

senj

So when is the price on games gonna drop in Canada? 60 US is worth 73 CDN now.

They won't.

Unless we hit parity and there's a big public outcry with lots of people furious about how badly they're getting ripped off, companies will just quietly take advantage of the fact that consumers have accepted the current price-point to pocket some extra profit as the CDN dollar fluctuates upwards.

They won't.

Unless we hit parity and there's a big public outcry with lots of people furious about how badly they're getting ripped off, companies will just quietly take advantage of the fact that consumers have accepted the current price-point to pocket some extra profit as the CDN dollar fluctuates upwards.

Games were at 70 for a couple of years. They'll most likely drop it by 10 at first.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Amazon just delivered Destiny 2.

Do I wanna keep this or not?

kswiston

Games were at 70 for a couple of years. They'll most likely drop it by 10 at first.

$70 would be a pretty big improvement. With the (measily) 10% off preorders from Amazon Prime, and the fact that I moved from Ontario to Alberta recently, I would be paying about $1.50 less for a new release than I did back in the $60 days :p

Haines

Banned
Where do you guys go to buy work boots?

Is marks the only place? Do they have the market? The work bot place by me has crapy brands. Going to check again on my way to work.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
If you like Destiny it sounds like a keeper. The OT seems really into it. I can't wait to play it tonight.

Never played Destiny but heard its big on grinding which Im not a fan of. Maybe Ill just play through the campaign and sell it off.

The Canadian Deals GAF Discord Server has been updated to Version 2.

Discord Server Link:
Moderator Application Form: (1 Position Remaining)

(Quote this post to reveal Links)

Current Discord Features (as of 9/5/2017):
  • Landing/Welcome Page with Detailed Rules, FAQ, and Layout *NEW*
  • 5-Minute Member Delay & Auto-Role *NEW*
  • Custom, User-set Notifications (Divided by Console/Theme/Hunt)
  • Provincial Rank/Role notifications (For retail store offerings in your area)
  • Full mobile support & push notifications.
As usual, if anyone has any suggestions or feedback, please contact us through discord or reply to this post.

Please remember to read the rules in #welcome and the latest server updates in #news-and-updates before posting & discussing deals on the server.

Never played Destiny but heard its big on grinding which Im not a fan of. Maybe Ill just play through the campaign and sell it off.

That seems like a good idea. Yeah, it can definitely be a bit of a grind. There is supposedly more variety that makes it bearable though.

CazTGG

Yup, that's the one. This is the Chrome extension page.

Just inputs coupon codes it has on the checkout page to see if they will help you save more. It's nice when it works!

Yeah, I added it when I bought some ties from HBC and ended up getting around $13 off of what were already heavily discounted ties.

Corey31

Oh wow 50 is solid.

Bummed i let mine expire and lost all the free games, but whatever not like im hurting for stuff to play.

Thanks a bunch for the link.

If you sign up again all your past PS+ games will be active again. You just will not be able to get the ones for the months you were not signed up for.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
D2 preparing to ship but expected to ship Friday, which means I might receive it Friday, or Monday
lupe1.png

Yup, legit. Bought from them many times, even different currency cards for other regions.
Thanks! Just ordered and got it without issue.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Sweet lord let this deal last through Friday. $70 PS+ is too much these days.
If you're lucky, local gas stations or shops that don't get as much traffic might still carry the old $50 cards. Of course, nowhere near as convenient as digital delivery deals lol

krae_man

EB's double trade in credit promo is awesome.

Got $220 for 4 games. Preordered Samus Returns and put the rest towards a $200 MasterCard gift card.

Had to pay a $7 activation fee but the double trade credit more then made up for that.

I got more for Crash then I paid for it:lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom