• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

jokkir

Heads up for anyone looking to buy a new jacket this winter. Looking through Amazon and noticed the Alpha Industries N-3B Parka non-slim (aka NeoGAFs official jacket) is on sale on Amazon for some colours and sizes. I don't believe it's as cheap as last year's sale but much cheaper than normal price.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B002JFM4Z8/

I just bought a small black one for $130+tax and saw that the small olive one is $68+tax.

Oh, and heads up that apparently these jackets run larger than normal so you'd need to size down

So the small green jacket is down to $65 now. If the black one fits well, I may just get the green one as well.

UberTag

EB's double trade in credit promo is awesome.

Got $220 for 4 games. Preordered Samus Returns and put the rest towards a $200 MasterCard gift card.

Had to pay a $7 activation fee but the double trade credit more then made up for that.

I got more for Crash then I paid for it:lol
How long is this promo running incidentally?

I've just about cleared through my EB credit from earlier this spring but I have a different EB I can get to daily on my route to work that I'd like to start throwing games into. Plus, I've got an extra $49 copy of Destiny 2 from Walmart I wouldn't mind trading in over there for $80 credit instead of simply returning it for a straight refund.

They have a double up promo until October. 2 per store and you need the coupon in that little pamphlet they hand out.
Looks like this was partially answered while I was typing up my post. Does this end right on October 1st or does it run a few days into October?
And they'll have copies of their pamphlet in store so I don't need to sweat that detail?

Ventara

Oh..

I assume I can find dating the pamphlet in store?

Yeah, it's usually just on the counter, and sometimes on your side so you can just grab it yourself.

Heads up for anyone looking to buy a new jacket this winter. Looking through Amazon and noticed the Alpha Industries N-3B Parka non-slim (aka NeoGAFs official jacket) is on sale on Amazon for some colours and sizes. I don't believe it's as cheap as last year's sale but much cheaper than normal price.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B002JFM4Z8/

I just bought a small black one for $130+tax and saw that the small olive one is $68+tax.

Oh, and heads up that apparently these jackets run larger than normal so you'd need to size down

So the small green jacket is down to $65 now. If the black one fits well, I may just get the green one as well.

Hmm, this might make a good gift for a birthday next month. Just not sure about the size, though. Will have to check.

krae_man

How long is this promo running incidentally?

I've just about cleared through my EB credit from earlier this spring but I have a different EB I can get to daily on my route to work that I'd like to start throwing games into. Plus, I've got an extra $49 copy of Destiny 2 from Walmart I wouldn't mind trading in over there for $80 credit instead of simply returning it for a straight refund.

Looks like this was partially answered while I was typing up my post. Does this end right on October 1st or does it run a few days into October?
And they'll have copies of their pamphlet in store so I don't need to sweat that detail?

Oct 1st. Destiny will only give you $70. They have copies of the coupon in store(I went to Fairview Mall, and the one down the street).

SirKhalid

We’re excited to announce that Xbox Live Rewards will soon become Microsoft Rewards in Canada… giving you new ways to reward yourself for doing the things you love with Microsoft products and services. In addition to many of the benefits you’ve enjoyed with Xbox Live Rewards, you can now earn points when you shop the Microsoft Stores and when you search using Bing.

Oh nice, finally we can get rewards like people in the US for using Bing.

jholmes

If you're getting offers to buy at $350, I'd say take it.

A couple months back, I had listed my 8GB white unit on Kijiji at $300. The thing was in mint condition with box, a 64GB Samsung Fit flash drive, 12 physical games, and 2 Pro Controllers (1 white and 1 black), and I could barely get any offers over $200 for it.

I realize that part of the problem was that I put it on Kijiji, but still...

I have a hard time believing any 12 games on the system could together not fetch $200, to say nothing of the hardware and controllers. I understand bundling makes your life easier, but sold off in pieces on eBay or elsewhere this would've easily got you over $300, no question.

EDIT: Here is a current thread with a bunch of people who can't imagine finding a Wii U anywhere near $100 (US).

I have a hard time believing any 12 games on the system could together not fetch $200, to say nothing of the hardware and controllers. I understand bundling makes your life easier, but sold off in pieces on eBay or elsewhere this would've easily got you over $300, no question.

EDIT: Here is a current thread with a bunch of people who can't imagine finding a Wii U anywhere near $100 (US).

The biggest problem is matching buyers and sellers. It's super niche.

The Nintendo core already bought one.

The mainstream doesn't want one.

All that's left are the collectors and the budget dealers (y'know, the ones who still rock a 360 and buy nothing outside of the eb/wm bargain bin.)

Example, I had the Bayo double pack listed at $50. No replies for 2 weeks. Then suddenly a collector wants it, immediately, and the deal is done within an hour.

khaaan

If you scroll up on the BST thread there's someone who sold a Wii U, Wind Waker HD, Classic Controller, Wii Motion+, Nunchuck and all cables for $220 which works out to about $270 CAD. Goldenrod is selling for about $80 more but throwing in 10 more games plus an additional controller. Personally I think the stuff you're getting for $450 would have been a great deal.

The problem I see might be the with the $450 price point rather than the value of it. It's easier for people to justify a ~$350 purchase but when you sell for $450 the mind goes "That's almost $500 which is half a thousand dollars". I think there would be more mileage if the bundle was split up. The other thing that might be deterring people is the availability of some games.

• Breath of the Wild and Mario Kart are available on Switch.
  • Bayonetta 1 + 2 are being teased for the Switch, Bayonetta 1 is on PC.
  • Splatoon's single player was okay, and the multiplayer is in it's final stretch.
Then there's Nintendo Land and Rhythm Heaven which are fantastic games in their own right but Rhythm games and mini-game collections generally have lower perceived value unless they have a collectors item prestige to it.

Sealtest

Seems like Fallout 4 xbox one, deadpool xbox one and mass effect andromeda PS4 all qualify. Once my local store has them I guess I'll finally buy Xenoblade Chronicles for the Wii.

mdubs

Banned
Ok that's just weird.

Imagine a new shipment of NES games during the N64 era, or SNES games during the GC era.

This happens frequently now. New printings of Infinite Space, Trauma Center, Fire Emblem Radian Dawn, and other games have happened recently.

leeman

Looks like EBGames is getting the BioShock 10th Anniversary Collection as well

https://www.ebgames.ca/SearchResult/QuickSearch?q=bioshock+10th

$250? What.

Comes with a big statue

ZlNSILUl.jpg

If you scroll up on the BST thread there's someone who sold a Wii U, Wind Waker HD, Classic Controller, Wii Motion+, Nunchuck and all cables for $220 which works out to about $270 CAD. Goldenrod is selling for about $80 more but throwing in 10 more games plus an additional controller. Personally I think the stuff you're getting for $450 would have been a great deal.

The problem I see might be the with the $450 price point rather than the value of it. It's easier for people to justify a ~$350 purchase but when you sell for $450 the mind goes "That's almost $500 which is half a thousand dollars". I think there would be more mileage if the bundle was split up. The other thing that might be deterring people is the availability of some games.

• Breath of the Wild and Mario Kart are available on Switch.
  • Bayonetta 1 + 2 are being teased for the Switch, Bayonetta 1 is on PC.
  • Splatoon's single player was okay, and the multiplayer is in it's final stretch.
Then there's Nintendo Land and Rhythm Heaven which are fantastic games in their own right but Rhythm games and mini-game collections generally have lower perceived value unless they have a collectors item prestige to it.

Yeah, I think I'm going to just take the $350 and run with it. I do want to get rid of it before Bayo 1&2 comes to Switch, since that's arguably $60 of this bundle right there. I still think Mario Maker and 3D World, if they do get ported are a ways off anyway. I've got one guy trying to get me down to $320, but saying he doesn't need Breath of the Wild...so with the EB Double trade in thing, that might even be a better move for me.

Looks like EBGames is selling Xenoblade Chronicles for the Wii again. $69.99 https://www.ebgames.ca/Wii/Games/31..._medium=email&utm_campaign=09072017 Xenoblade

Wow, that's random. Cool for anyone who doesn't have it yet though, the price could be a lot worse.

Tell me if they get Radiant Dawn.

I guess my first edition print isn't worth that much more than that then. I haven't even opened it.

I also have a copy of Epic Kirby and Tatsunoko vs Capcom, that I haven't opened up either lol.

You should hold onto Tatsunoko VS Capcom. That's already started rising in the past few years and it probably won't stop anytime soon.

BradWardFight

Neo Member
In a slight quarrel so I want to play Destiny 2 and Cuphead before November 7th but I also dont want to lose too much money.

I know Amazon and Walmart is the best place to get an Xbox One S.

Does Microsoft store trade in consoles?

I have an Xbox One X preordered there.

KJA

You should hold onto Tatsunoko VS Capcom. That's already started rising in the past few years and it probably won't stop anytime soon.

I'm not really big into collecting games anymore. I just have a bad habit of buying games and not playing them, lol.

BubbaGum

Neo Member
Neon and Grey Nintendo Switches available at The Source. Maybe we've reached the point where they aren't too hard to find?

Now I'm wondering if Nintendo will lower the Canadian MSRP for the Switch before the holidays cuz right now 300 USD = 363.74 CAD. I'd even settle for a new MSRP of $375.

Mikey Jr.

Man, I am never preordering from Amazon ever again.

They still haven't shipped my Destiny 2 game.

Talked to support, and he said it was because I didn't have prime.

Then what in the fuck is the point of preordering?

I preordered for months, all the way back in June. I thought I would get it day 1. But nope. It looks like it'll be sometime next week.

Ventara

I preordered for months, all the way back in June. I thought I would get it day 1. But nope. It looks like it'll be sometime next week.

And the thing is, realistically, Prime should only affect the shipping speed, not how long they take to ship it.

shira

But Prime is so gud, even for the tv/movies

UberTag

Kept telling folks during E3 weekend to give Walmart their business.
They've been very good at hitting release day delivery with all of their $50 games as well.
And returns have been painless. Whereas Amazon will do everything in their power to dick you around.

They've been very good at hitting release day delivery with all of their $50 games as well.
And returns have been painless. Whereas Amazon will do everything in their power to dick you around.

Got Splatoon 2 release day. Next E3 Walmart getting all my business. Deals were too good

Mikey Jr.

But Prime is so gud, even for the tv/movies

I am up to my ears in entertainment/tv/movies. You could freeze time for a year and I would have enough to keep my self busy every day.

All I want, is my game on release day.

Shit, all I want is for them to SHIP my game on release day. We are now going into Friday, and it's stuck in "preparing for shipment".

d5wh6KL.png

Like, Jesus Christ.

Also, I live 20 minutes away from their Mississauga distribution site.

Yeah, I'll try them next year for sure. Eff Amazon.

MercuryLS3

Yep, kept my pre-order with walmart and they've hit every release day.

Vamphuntr

And the thing is, realistically, Prime should only affect the shipping speed, not how long they take to ship it.

It's because otherwise prime would be pointless outside of primevideo. Since shipping is fast to most big centers the only way to slow down the process is to sit on your stuff for a while then ship it. It's pretty gross.

I wonder why they have yet to become a membership only webstore at this point. They pretty much crushed the competition with fast shipping, good CS, nice deals and more and now they are trying to cash in by degrading the quality of their service since no one can oppose them. Next logical step is membership to even buy stuff. They are already doing this for rare items. I guess the major caveat is that they would have trouble to ship everything quickly during rush periods as non prime orders give them time to breathe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom