• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cmerrill

You don't need to be empathetic towards me.
2 hours in and you still can't get to checkout for your Snes order.

Fucking insane and completely incompetent.

Rufuscrim

Neo Member
I called The Source which apparently has an order-by-phone number so I thought... why not?

A very tired sounding representative told me that they couldn't place the order either and that their IT group was working "very hard" to get the website back up as soon as possible.

...Indeed.

Vamphuntr

Lol. Looks like they haven’t learned a thing since the NES Classic fiasco.

It's not really their fault. I mean their only mistake is to have announced when they would be taking pre-orders. They are a very small player in the home electronics market. Their web infrastructure simply couldn't handle the traffic. It's not like they can press a magic button to add servers and capacity. In the end they are losing money because of this because no one can order anything.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I called The Source which apparently has an order-by-phone number so I thought... why not?

A very tired sounding representative told me that they couldn't place the order either and that their IT group was working "very hard" to get the website back up as soon as possible.

...Indeed.
Yeah I tried that pretty soon after the site started having problems. They use the same site placing the phone orders so they can't do anything at all. The Source is losing all kinds of money having their site down.

hiim_haz

Banned
The Source is so awful, I don't get how they're still in business.

I had to work with them on a final year project in Uni, you'd be amazed by how some things run. The fact that their site went down wasn't surprising to me.

I know this was a couple pages back, but I missed the whole EB double trade credit thing, is it still on? I don't see anything on their website or in my coupons. I want to clear out some of my old games and get Rabbids.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
I know this was a couple pages back, but I missed the whole EB double trade credit thing, is it still on? I don't see anything on their website or in my coupons. I want to clear out some of my old games and get Rabbids.

They have coupons in store all month.

Stat!

You can only do 2 games per day I believe.

FN-2187

Sorry to break up all of the talk of how much Nintendo loves you and appreciates your business, but does anyone know if U.S. UltraViolet codes are redeemable in Canada?

krae_man

Sorry to break up all of the talk of how much Nintendo loves you and appreciates your business, but does anyone know if U.S. UltraViolet codes are redeemable in Canada?

I have never had any luck redeeming any US Digital Copy code. I think it might depend on the studio/movie.

Call them. Don't even need to go to the store.

yeah, if you bought it online from them you can just call them up and they'll make the adjustment for you. i usually go instore because one of their stores is very close and i like to take a walk inside from time to time.

khaaan

yeah, if you bought it online from them you can just call them up and they'll make the adjustment for you. i usually go instore because one of their stores is very close and i like to take a walk inside from time to time.

I like to do that too but depressed employees trying to sell me a phone/cable subscription to Bell turns me off :(

Kiro

Finished watching a movie and I come into chaos. Hahaha, good luck everyone! I was one of the lucky ones who grabbed one from Best Buy. I wish you all the best in getting the SNES.

Sora_N

Wish the SNES would just be sold out, then I'd stop trying. I'm gonna get back to my homework and check again in a while.

krae_man

Lothars

I have never had any luck redeeming any US Digital Copy code. I think it might depend on the studio/movie.
Yes they are redeemable in canada, just have to use a vpn for an US ip to redeem it than once it's redeemed you can watch it in canada unless your using VUDU than you still have to use an US ip.

Vamphuntr

I guess it's time to pull the plug and put up a splash page saying their website will be offline for a while because of a technical problem. People F5ing isn't probably helping.

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
That never worked for me once.

Hilariously, get the SNES page to load. Then just click the "pre-order" button multiple times, like hammer it, to the point where you get the browser to start spooling. Then just wait.

Since there is a limit of 1, you should eventually get a prompt which says that they've adjusted the amount you can add to cart - but it'll be in there. However... after that, the login/checkout process is a whole different story of time outs, internal server errors, your cart suddenly emptying, to everything really being not worth the effort.

krae_man

LOL I was trying both Guest and login checkouts to see if either one would work and I got an error "this email address has an account, you can't do guest checkout, please log in".

4 hours and it's the first time I've got that error. Thought that meant I might be able to progress, but nope!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom