• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swapzism

Not sure why I waste my time trying with these online pre-orders, they are just rage inducing. Probably less stressful to just book the day off and line up outside the night before launch.

BTails

Website seems down for good now, can't even refresh anything.

Good job the Source. Good job Nintendo. It's stuff like this that just pisses me off about gaming: all I want is Starfox 2, I could care less about the rest of the package as I have the other games and original hardware.

Maddog

Website seems down for good now, can't even refresh anything.

Good job the Source. Good job Nintendo. It's stuff like this that just pisses me off about gaming: all I want is Starfox 2, I could care less about the rest of the package as I have the other games and original hardware.

It's not. I am logged in and have the SNES in my cart as of 2 seconds ago.

its impossible to get the pokemon master quest collection dvd undamaged, ordered it twice, one from best buy and one from amazon, both arrived damaged in the same place making the case unusable

jholmes

Last year they put it up at 3 a.m. and some people could get it, some couldn't, but the system didn't crash.

Stop making this shit an event already.

shira

906760.gif

Bots win
dac15_cool.gif

Sness

Banned
It's so depressing, to try and get some small grey plastic fucking box that would bring a bit of joy, but you have to crawl through broken fucking glass to get it. Fucking pathetic.

Apples_89

Last year they put it up at 3 a.m. and some people could get it, some couldn't, but the system didn't crash.

Stop making this shit an event already.

Completely agree. People complaining when companies unexpectedly make their order open, but when they do, none of this bullshit happens. I'd much rather either luck in or luck out than deal with this mess.

Sness

Banned
Completely agree. People complaining when companies unexpectedly make their order open, but when they do, none of this bullshit happens. I'd much rather either luck in or luck out than deal with this mess.

Or, you know, Nintendo could stop being fucking retarded for a fucking change. They should just spit a huge disease-infested load of snot into the face of their fans, because it would be less insulting. Fucking tired of crawling over people to try and get a couple of Amiibos, a Switch, or a NES/SNES Classic. Even more tired of cocksucking resellers who aren't even interested in gaming making profits off this fucking shit.

DreD

I changed the page language to english and finally got the preorder button to do something, but then it said my session had expired.

Tried to log out before relogging, but it kept me logged on someone else's account... What a clusterfuck...

DJ_Lae

Can't create account.
Can't sign in.
Not that it would matter, Pre-order button doesn't work.

I am so tired of it all.

Same.

I really want one, but I know that this will be the norm leading up to release and it's not going to get any better after that point either. It'll be nothing but tiny weak spurts of stock that are immediately snatched up in and around broken sites.

jholmes

Whoa, the box doesn't say Day One Edition on it anymore. Second print run? It was out of stock for a while...

The Day One Edition version is also in the system and actually five cents cheaper. But it's sold out.

Edit: Looks like thesource.ca is now down for "maintenance"? What a journey this was.

chrono01

Same.

I really want one, but I know that this will be the norm leading up to release and it's not going to get any better after that point either. It'll be nothing but tiny weak spurts of stock that are immediately snatched up in and around broken sites.
It really is depressing.

I was able to manage two (2!) NES Classic Mini when they initially launched, one for myself and the other for my sister. This was before everyone was out to grab these to re-sell for a profit, since no one expected them to be limited time and/or as in-demand as they were.

With the SNES Classic Mini though, it's especially crushing for me, since this system is my favorite of all time. Having a mini console with a lot of my favorites on it is a dream come true for me, and I can't buy the damn thing. With a LE of a game, it's whatever. I can buy the standard edition and enjoy the experience regardless, even if I do miss out on a few of the additional goodies. For this, though? There's really no replacement, at least if you want that "authentic experience". :(

Ventara

Whoa, the box doesn't say Day One Edition on it anymore. Second print run? It was out of stock for a while...

You might have just missed it. I remember the last time this went on sale for $30 and the Day One edition still had a few copies left, another listing for a non-Day One edition was already up. Helped me decided to just wait for it to hit $20 before picking it up for my collection since I already have the plat for it.

krae_man

Someone needs to do a trolling news story.

"SNES Classics still up for Preorder on The Source 90 minutes after they went live. Is Nintendo finally providing adequate stock?"

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Someone needs to do a trolling news story.

"SNES Classics still up for Preorder on The Source 90 minutes after they went live. Is Nintendo finally providing adequate stock?"

I would totally create a thread but I dont wanna get banned.

Rufuscrim

Neo Member
Honestly though- how much money is The Source losing right now by not being ready for their site to be slammed like this? Honestly it's been 90 minutes now and their online ordering system is still completely fucked.

The Day One Edition version is also in the system and actually five cents cheaper. But it's sold out.

Edit: Looks like thesource.ca is now down for "maintenance"? What a journey this was.

You might have just missed it. I remember the last time this went on sale for $30 and the Day One edition still had a few copies left, another listing for a non-Day One edition was already up. Helped me decided to just wait for it to hit $20 before picking it up for my collection since I already have the plat for it.

Not specifically at Best Buy, but other places too. Some places weren't even listing it anymore or said they only had limited quantities.

Looks like it really is a second print though. This has to be the first SE game in a while to have actually sold out its Day One Edition.

chrono01

There's no way I'll be able to manage this, even if the site recovers. I can't even create an account, so even if orders do open up, I'll be behind the rest in ordering. :(

DreD

There's no way I'll be able to manage this, even if the site recovers. I can't even create an account, so even if orders do open up, I'll be behind the rest in ordering. :(

I was logged in preparation for this 30 minutes in advance and it didn't do much for me either...

The session actually expired and now I can't even relog to my account.

Anth0ny

it's so crazy that nintendo has created such a fucked up demand for these classic things that it literally brings any site to its knees when orders for them go live

maybe that would be a hint that, you know, there's pretty high demand for them and they should make more and sell more. but I guess that's not an option?

chrono01

I was logged in preparation for this 30 minutes in advance and it didn't do much for me either...

The session actually expired and now I can't even relog to my account.
Wow. :/

I'd feel better if I could at least add the thing to my cart, but I can't even do that. Pre-order button doesn't work.

it's so crazy that nintendo has created such a fucked up demand for these classic things that it literally brings any site to its knees when orders for them go live

maybe that would be a hint that, you know, there's pretty high demand for them and they should make more and sell more. but I guess that's not an option?
As long as they get those headlines, they don't care. Sadly.

Maybe I'm wrong, and they will have constant re-stocks of these following through the holidays, but I doubt it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom