• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boss is like "What are you still doing in office? You don't have to stay, you can go home!"

Fucking Nintendo making me work overtime.

Edit: Driving home. WATCH THIS FUCKING PAGE WORK FOR THE NEXT 35 MIN. FXUK.

Sealtest

Just got back from Eb games after picking up xenoblade. Seems like a real seal but there is a spec of dirt inside the seal which scares me. Traded in fallout 4 Xbox one, mass effect andromeda PS4 and deadpool Xbox one. Ended up also getting a $10 gift card since the game is only $69.99 and not the listed $79.99

SNES Classic comes with 2 controllers :D

I doubt they sell a multitap for Secret of Mana

So I went to the Zoo all afternoon, then to a mall, now I'm home and The Source is still clogged? LOL

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Serious shitshow by The Source.

Serious shitshow by Nintendo more like.

If every scalper and bot in the country wasnt trying to cash in on their artificial "we know whats best for you" scarcity bullshit this wouldnt have happened.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
They just took the page off altogether. I honestly don't feel bad such a shit site and electronics store is on its last legs.

Yeah thats exactly what we need. More stores going out of business and less competition for Amazon/Walmart.

Rememeber when Walmart used to have free shipping on every online order? I wonder why they mysteriously stopped that as soon as Target exited Canada.

Staples or Target may not be perfect but at least the competition keeps the rest more honest.

Bronetta

Amazon went from 20% discounts to no pre-orders for most wanted items.

All for the sake of legal pot in Canada.

But yeah, mega weird they still don't have it up, or even a hint of when it might hit.

Its brilliant. People keep checking frequently and their web traffic goes up.

Madness

Yeah thats exactly what we need. More stores going out of business and less competition for Amazon/Walmart.

Rememeber when Walmart used to have free shipping on every online order? I wonder why they mysteriously stopped that as soon as Target exited Canada.

Staples or Target may not be perfect but at least the competition keeps the rest more honest.

It is already over for us. We have been a US satellite state for over 20+ years now. Stores, restaurants, cars, media, culture all US dominated. You also make it seem like the same hasn't happened elsewhere either especially the US.

mdubs

Banned
There is no meaningful Canadian competition on selling video games anymore unless you buy your games from the Source. Otherwise we're all just picking between one American company or another.

Madness

Yea, The Source owned by that dastardly American company, Bell

Oh wait....

My mistake, didn't know BCE Inc. bought the remnants from Circuit City. Point still stands. Bell bought a dying American brand which really has no chance. Why celebrate or prop up a sub par retailer under the guise of competition?

'If it dies, it dies'...

jholmes

Why do people keep trying to shift the blame from The Source to Nintendo. You can hate Nintendo's management of late and still recognize that, as an example, Best Buy managed to get these up for pre-sale without it being a colossal clusterfuck.

Bronetta

Why do people keep trying to shift the blame from The Source to Nintendo. You can hate Nintendo's management of late and still recognize that, as an example, Best Buy managed to get these up for pre-sale without it being a colossal clusterfuck.

We would not be in this situation if Nintendo didnt make it a super duper limited time limited quantity thing.

Staples weak online infrastructure is a symptom, not the root cause of the problem.

kevin1025

Banned
It's everyone's fault. The limited supplies make everyone want it more, and makes the scalpers want it more than everyone else.

Now, if it had Diddy's Kong Quest, then it's worth the trouble.

jholmes

We would not be in this situation if Nintendo didnt make it a super duper limited time limited quantity thing.

Staples weak online infrastructure is a symptom, not the root cause of the problem.

Hold on, serious question.

Did Staples fuck up their pre-orders today too and I missed it?

Madness

How is it not the Source fault? They promised something, the entire site went to a standstill for 7+ hours and then they removed the listing altogether. Haven't read anywhere that a single order went through checkout to completion. This isn't 2001 anymore. Even EBGames didn't crash like this. Even if Nintendo gave them 20 preorders only, they didn't take a single order it seems.

But I really hate Nintendo's shenanigans and they keep getting rewarded. Because they have us bent over with our pants around the ankles due to the nostalgia.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Me looking at my Amazon orders page on September 9th seeing it indicating that my Destiny 2 will ship September 8th, but knowing this predicament is of my creation despite my most recent game orders arriving much closer to or on launch day.

DJKQqT0XoAAsz5m.jpg:small

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom