• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

sikkinixx

As stated many times in this thread, you do NOT need a coupon :)

Just go to the counter and trade in 1 or 2 games for double credit until October 1. Once per store per day.

Both ones I went to said they needed it and just took it from the front and scanned it, then scribbled something on it and put it in the till. maybe some are being anal about things.

stn

When did Amazon stop doing its discount on new games for Prime owners? Just noticed. Well, definitely not re-subbing after this!

Hanzou

So how long until game prices come back down to resemble the actually currency conversion. Games should. Be what, about $73 buck right now instead of $80?

mdubs

Banned
So how long until game prices come back down to resemble the actually currency conversion. Games should. Be what, about $73 buck right now instead of $80?

When $60 = $67 or $68 probably. They aren't going to come back down quickly, that's for sure.

When $60 = $67 or $68 probably. They aren't going to come back down quickly, that's for sure.

Yeah, I suspect we'll need the dollar to be at around 90 cents for a while (6 months?) and then game prices would drop to $70. Sadly, I don't think that will happen.

CazTGG

When did Amazon stop doing its discount on new games for Prime owners? Just noticed. Well, definitely not re-subbing after this!

I thought it was odd that the pre-order for Resident Evil Revelations 1 + 2 on the Switch didn't apply any discount, but I assumed that the reason it didn't come up for me was because of how early the listing was. Weird they still have a section up for Prime discounts, mind.

I thought it was odd that the pre-order for Resident Evil Revelations 1 + 2 on the Switch didn't apply any discount, but I assumed that the reason it didn't come up for me was because of how early the listing was. Weird they still have a section up for Prime discounts, mind.

I asked about the discount for NHL 18 and was told there is no Prime discount for it all. NHL 18 is out on the 15th so I think we may be getting the shaft on the discount altogether.

Firestorm

If anyone in Vancouver did the 20% off for Metroid from E3 and changed their mind let me know... I was too busy E3 week with limited internet to get in on the promos and assumed Amazon Prime would be fine but now that's no longer 20% either -_-

DayEnder

We lost our 20% last month in mid August. It was supposedly replaced with 10% off. I think we lost Amazon Basic with the 20%:

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1419892

I got rid of my Prime. The games rarely ever made it to me on release day and without a discount it just wasn't worth waiting on it anymore.

The free shipping is fine for most of my orders (it is pretty easy to get to $35 most of the time with a few grocery items). I never used the other Prime Video/Photo features anyways.

I got rid of my Prime. The games rarely ever made it to me on release day and without a discount it just wasn't worth waiting on it anymore.

The free shipping is fine for most of my orders (it is pretty easy to get to $35 most of the time with a few grocery items). I never used the other Prime Video/Photo features anyways.

Yup I also got rid of prime. 20% was pretty good. 10% is bad and still doesn't apply to that many games. Very disappointed.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
If we're lucky, $1200.

Likely $1300+.

I'm looking forward to and not looking forward to Tuesday all at the same time and all to a pretty great degree.

etta

my hard graphic balls
If we're lucky, $1200.

Likely $1300+.

I'm looking forward to and not looking forward to Tuesday all at the same time and all to a pretty great degree.
The iPhone 6 is such a laggy piece of shit that I don’t even care anymore, I’ll pay whatever.
It takes fucking seconds to open the phone app. CarPlay is a bugfest, switching between apps is downright atrocious. The planned obsolescence is way too fucking obvious, iOS 8 was smooth as balls.

BadWolf

The iPhone 6 is such a laggy piece of shit that I don’t even care anymore, I’ll pay whatever.
It takes fucking seconds to open the phone app. CarPlay is a bugfest, switching between apps is downright atrocious. The planned obsolescence is way too fucking obvious, iOS 8 was smooth as balls.

... why give them money again then?

etta

my hard graphic balls
Because all of them motherfuckers do it, it’s the way of the world now. And I’m stuck in the Apple ecosystem anyway with the iPad, Apple Watch, iTunes and Apple Music library. And I want to get the Apple TV and I’ll get a Macbook whenever I need to get a laptop.

Lexxism

D6l8fu1.gif

N° 2048

Because all of them motherfuckers do it, it’s the way of the world now. And I’m stuck in the Apple ecosystem anyway with the iPad, Apple Watch, iTunes and Apple Music library. And I want to get the Apple TV and I’ll get a Macbook whenever I need to get a laptop.

Apple owns you, breh.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Apple owns you, breh.
Well their ecosystem is nice, it has more advantages than disadvantages so I put up with it. I’d rather use and Apple-designed device than Google/Samsung. Microsoft design has come a long way recently, they’re actually quite close to Apple. Maybe in a few years I’ll switch.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Wow...

I'm so glad to be perfectly happy with my $200 Xiaomi phone and $15 prepaid plan. "Premium" phones sound like a huge money sink.

Odd. My senior friend (like 70) rocks a 16gb 5s, I check on it regularly, as he uses it for business. Less than a dozen apps, no games and no social media apps in particular (uses web version when he needs to). Runs smooth! Just whatsapp, some work related stuff for payment processing, maps, waze, stuff like that. Aside from a few seconds delay when multiple browsers are open, it's great.

You probably have an app or two running badly.

The last three Android phones I've had, I've retired not because of sluggishness, but because of hardware issues--one just had the battery run low after two years, another was LG bootloop bullshit, a third still runs fine and could be used as a daily driver today. The fourth was a Galaxy Nexus, and that was beginning to feel a bit slow, but I had to use that as a backup after my Nexus 5X died and it was surprisingly capable despite being half a decade old.

"oh shit an Apple update made my phone shitty" is definitely not the way of the world. Maybe it's the way of the APPLE world, though.

BubbaGum

Neo Member
Odd. My senior friend (like 70) rocks a 16gb 5s, I check on it regularly, as he uses it for business. Less than a dozen apps, no games and no social media apps in particular (uses web version when he needs to). Runs smooth! Just whatsapp, some work related stuff for payment processing, maps, waze, stuff like that. Aside from a few seconds delay when multiple browsers are open, it's great.

You probably have an app or two running badly.
Might have something to do with what iOS version he is on. I'm still rocking my 5S on iOS 8 and it runs super smooth but I have the clear disadvantage of not getting the security updates. I've learned from my experience with my iPhone 4 on iOS 7 to never get the latest update if you can't stand lag. That thing became borderline unusable.

etta

my hard graphic balls
The last three Android phones I've had, I've retired not because of sluggishness, but because of hardware issues--one just had the battery run low after two years, another was LG bootloop bullshit, a third still runs fine and could be used as a daily driver today. The fourth was a Galaxy Nexus, and that was beginning to feel a bit slow, but I had to use that as a backup after my Nexus 5X died and it was surprisingly capable despite being half a decade old.

"oh shit an Apple update made my phone shitty" is definitely not the way of the world. Maybe it's the way of the APPLE world, though.
Did you update those phones to the most recent OS? My iPhone would be fine too if I left it on the OS it came with.

Might have something to do with what iOS version he is on. I'm still rocking my 5S on iOS 8 and it runs super smooth but I have the clear disadvantage of not getting the security updates. I've learned from my experience with my iPhone 4 on iOS 7 to never get the latest update if you can't stand lag. That thing became borderline unusable.
Yea this, it’s the 3 years of new OS versions that brings it about.

acsn

Anyone know why the Nintendo eshop charges tax when neither PSN or Steam do? As far as I know Xbox live doesn't either.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Apple owns you, breh.

All hail our new Apple overlords or get banned.

Going into a Pewdiepoe racism thread with the "outrage culture" angle probably wasnt the best idea. Hope you're not permed

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Careful etta or you're next if you stan for Bioshock too hard.

We all know Prey is the superior immersive sim. Maybe the best ever!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom