• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like TheSource gave up with SNES pre-orders, available at launch instead

Fdj16HM.jpg

Also, Amazon moved the SNES out of the pre-orders category, so that's not a good sign...

H, will they have it in store? Might lineup for it.

Blam

What's the go to cheap but really good android phone these days?

Anything XIAOMI. They have really really good phones that are cheaper on amazon.com and have them shipped over since no customs fee.

But the Xiaomi A1 is around 250$ on gearbest. They've also got The xiaomi redmi note 4x and 5. There's a shitload of good phones that you can get. Just search them up on Amazon.com, and gearbest and check reviews. The Redmi Note 5 is coming up soon and that's pretty cheap and really damn good as well so look out for that.

/csg/ is really the kings of testing and finding good cheap phones. I know also a Note 4 from Samsung goes insanely cheap on the chinese stores like aliexpress or alibaba.

The Xiaomi A1 is also Google supported through Android One so there's that to look forward too.

Personally I'm running on a Oneplus 5 after using my Nexus 5 for 4 years.

Firestorm

Make sure that the Xiaomi phone you order has LTE on the bands your carrier uses if LTE is important to you. Same for US carriers if you roam down there a lot.

sikkinixx

I am on a 6 and want to upgrade this year. Kind of annoyed that they decided to do this split release with an uber model. I really want the iPhone X form factor with the larger screen in a smaller size but I don't really give a shit about OLED, which is driving costs up and causing production issues. I also don't like the idea of just settling for an 8 because of the cost of an X.

That where I am too. I probably should have just went for the 7 last year when I was due for the upgrade and then I could skip the X run and get the X-2, dressphere and all, next year once the bugs the production are worked out.

RS4-

re: xiaomi phones, avoid mediatek. And make sure the phone works on your carrier, many of the nicer ones don't do 4g/LTE, etc, unless of course, you're fine with that.

MesH

Can't tell if Nintendo actually fulfilling a promise or VC on the Switch is delayed so this is their stopgap.

Nintendo likes money, and this screws over the scalpers which is great. I feel sorry for the people that payed inflated prices to get there hands on one.

Sealtest

So the iPhone X is $100 higher than the current exchange rate.

And people will not argue and just pay it. It's become the popular thing to overprice things for the Canadian market. Shockingly Microsoft is the only one who gives us a break

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
It's an absurd amount of money.

But I need a new iPhone, a futureproof one at that so the base 8 is kind of a waste if you're upgrading in the same year.

But it's an absurd amount of money.

But it's one of the most important devices anyone can own and use on a daily basis, and arguably the most important personal electronic device of all.

JazzmanZ

It's an absurd amount of money.

But I need a new iPhone, a futureproof one at that so the base 8 is kind of a waste if you're upgrading in the same year.

But it's one of the most important devices anyone can own and use on a daily basis, and arguably the most important personal electronic device of all.

why does it need to be a iphone

64GB model 8 is not bad, got the newer CPU and GPU but lets wait for real world performance to see if battery friendly.

^ having dealt with the customer "non-service" of a couple of competitors, I will never switch away

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
why does it need to be a iphone
Better and better supported ecosystem but more importantly one that I'm already invested in, better real-world performance (though I hear the S8 is finally closing the gap in some regards?). But yeah, couldn't imagine leaving the ecosystem.

Android would be nice for PiP and app-splitting on smaller screens, and more visual customization flexibility. Some of the larger phones have pretty impressive digitizers now but I don't like big phones.

He's got that enzo money.
I wish. Just if I'm gonna keep this thing as long as I kept my iPhone 5 until now, it's worth considering.

JazzmanZ

This is why I just get a phone...as a phone, and a little bit of texting and internet searching on the side.

Don't need to waste $1000 for super retina, faster capacity, zillions of gigabyes, enhanced pixel count phones :eek:ldman:

kevin1025

Banned
This is why I just get a phone...as a phone, and a little bit of texting and internet searching on the side.

Don't need to waste $1000 for super retina, faster capacity, zillions of gigabyes, enhanced pixel count phones :eek:ldman:

I use my phone as my calculator, flashlight, and sometimes my text/looking-up-thing. No way I'm going over free with contract, haha. Those iPhone X prices are cruel.

But if you have the disposable income, why not, I guess. If you want it!

krae_man

Well the pixel count on this isn't anything special. My phone cost less then half as much and is 1440 x 2880

Kiro

I'm still on the SG4 lol. It's Wifi doesn't work, sometimes it says the SIM card has been removed. But... no cracks and it is still chugging along. The longer I wait, the cheaper I can buy a phone and notice a huge upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom