• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sealtest

Does everyones Metroid from amazon still say "Delivery estimate: We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. We'll notify you via e-mail as soon as we have an estimated delivery date." Kinda odd it still says this 3 days before launch. I even have express shipping on it.

Indelible

Does everyones Metroid from amazon still say "Delivery estimate: We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. We'll notify you via e-mail as soon as we have an estimated delivery date." Kinda odd it still says this 3 days before launch. I even have express shipping on it.

Says the same on my Metroid Special Edition and Amiibos, I guess we won't get them until next week.

Yep same

Same...

Xenoflare

The iPhone 8 increased the storage from 32 to 64 while increasing the price by $30 compared to iPhone 7 last year.

But that iphone x price, just ghastly.

iLLmAtlc

Savitar

The iPhone 8 increased the storage from 32 to 64 while increasing the price by $30 compared to iPhone 7 last year.

But that iphone x price, just ghastly.

The price makes me laugh at anyone wanting to buy one for that price.

And then reality kicks in my brother has been saving his money all year to get one.

The guy only got married this past summer and that stuff ain't cheap.

Sealtest

Looks like NoC has finally put up the price for Pokemon S/G. Same price as the others $14.09 + tax. If anyone wants to save a few bucks I'd recommend buying one of the digital codes from Amazon US. My total is 10.59 usd but you could possibly get it cheaper if you use a state that doesn't have tax.

The price makes me laugh at anyone wanting to buy one for that price.

And then reality kicks in my brother has been saving his money all year to get one.

The guy only got married this past summer and that stuff ain't cheap.

Basically the tech equivalent of hypebeasts... I guess. Know way too many people who really obviously don't have the disposable income to buy an iPhone outright yet here we are lol

My Nexus 6P battery is entering the shitter so I'm in the market for a new phone. Honestly, the 8+ doesn't look that bad, but I'm still gonna hold out for the new Google Pixels. But I'm not taking any bets because they'll fuck our shit up just as hard with the pricing

Also random tidbit fact, apparently at the Best Buy in the Toronto Eaton Centre, there's a Google Store in there now.

hiim_haz

Banned
Basically the tech equivalent of hypebeasts... I guess. Know way too many people who really obviously don't have the disposable income to buy an iPhone outright yet here we are lol

My Nexus 6P battery is entering the shitter so I'm in the market for a new phone. Honestly, the 8+ doesn't look that bad, but I'm still gonna hold out for the new Google Pixels. But I'm not taking any bets because they'll fuck our shit up just as hard with the pricing

Also random tidbit fact, apparently at the Best Buy in the Toronto Eaton Centre, there's a Google Store in there now.

There's also a Google Store in the Heartland Best Buy in Mississauga. It's been there for about a year now, since the Pixel launched.

That and a bunch of other 'stores' or 'stations' for different brands, like Beats, Sennheiser, House of Marley, Bose, etc.

etta

my hard graphic balls
What’s gonna be faster and easier, apple.com/ca or thei Apple Store app?
And canyou pick up in store? Do they charge when you order?

$229 for the iPhone 8 64GB on contract is not bad. For some reason, I was expecting more.

Damn. That's good. I am curious what the iPhone X numbers look like on a plan. I still think I am going to just buy it full price and use it on Public Mobile though.

Blam

What’s gonna be faster and easier, apple.com/ca or thei Apple Store app?
And canyou pick up in store? Do they charge when you order?

It'll probably be much much faster with the app. And I think you can do pick ups with that as well.

Plus for a thing like an iPhone they come pretty damn quickly. My iPad Air 2 was a 3-4 day shipping wait that's all.

espher

But it's one of the most important devices anyone can own and use on a daily basis, and arguably the most important personal electronic device of all.

I've gone a decade without, and it hasn't been a problem.

They're super useful, but don't kill your budget for a shiny one.

hiim_haz

Banned
Damn. That's good. I am curious what the iPhone X numbers look like on a plan. I still think I am going to just buy it full price and use it on Public Mobile though.
So pricey though.

I'm very tempted to pay off my Pixel XL, sell it then get the iPhone 8 but I did that last year going from the iPhone 6S > Pixel XL.

I miss Apple, Google has been horrible with updates on my Pixel.

nordique

$229 for the iPhone 8 64GB on contract is not bad. For some reason, I was expecting more.

Where do you see that? Canadian pricing? I thought carriers hadn't released plans yet

Youre right that is not bad at all!

My contract comes up on November so I am going to get one of these new iphones

nordique

So pricey though.

I'm very tempted to pay off my Pixel XL, sell it then get the iPhone 8 but I did that last year going from the iPhone 6S > Pixel XL.

I'm hoping for something like the Note 8 or 7 plus 256gb price range on contract

hiim_haz

Banned
Where do you see that? Canadian pricing? I thought carriers hadn't released plans yet

Youre right that is not bad at all!

My contract comes up on November so I am going to get one of these new iphones

MobileSyrup initially reported it and saw the price from Best Buy Canada's site, but I just checked the Best Buy link they added and it says $359.99 now -- here

So pricey though.

That's one of the reasons I went back to Apple.

Probably looking at >999.99 on contract for the iPhone X, eh? Also, stupid rogers not offering the LTE watch series 3 support is making me want to switch carriers. I just found out that rogers typically has 50% slower speeds in major cities. Like, wtf?

nordique

Probably looking at >999.99 on contract for the iPhone X, eh? Also, stupid rogers not offering the LTE watch series 3 support is making me want to switch carriers. I just found out that rogers typically has 50% slower speeds in major cities. Like, wtf?

I don't think so. It will likely be lower, like 799$ or something

We won't know until preorders hit in late October though (around halloween time)

I don't think so. It will likely be lower, like 799$ or something

We won't know until preorders hit in late October though (around halloween time)

The listings for the 256gb iPhone 8+ on the Best Buy page put the premium plus on-contract price (plans that cost >~$95/mo) at $550ish, normal plans at $750ish. This probably means the iPhone X will begin at 999.99+ on the most basic plans, and maybe around $800 on the premium plus plans on contract.

Blade Runner Final Cut 4K Ultra HD Bluray at walmart.ca

Not really a deal but I had a hard time finding this movie since it isn't sold anywhere in Canada.

It's not that it isn't being sold, it was recalled due to a special features DVD disc being accidentally replaced with a copy of different cuts of the film. I managed to snag a copy with the incorrect disc from Sunrise since it's what I would prefer instead of a special features DVD.

I'm not sure which version Walmart would be selling now.

Jashobeam

It's not that it isn't being sold, it was recalled due to a special features DVD disc being accidentally replaced with a copy of different cuts of the film. I managed to snag a copy with the incorrect disc from Sunrise since it's what I would prefer instead of a special features DVD.

I'm not sure which version Walmart would be selling now.

Thanks, didn't know about the recall issue, was the price less than $40 when you bought it? walmart sells some movies at higher prices than amazon, bestbuy, etc.. and I doubt an older movie would cost so much.

Thanks, didn't know about the recall issue, was the price less than $40 when you bought it? walmart sells some movies at higher prices than amazon, bestbuy, etc.. and I doubt an older movie would cost so much.

It seems to be pricey everywhere. I actually paid $43.99 before tax at Sunrise.

CazTGG

Same, but i'm just about ready to cancel the order unless anyone else here wants it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom