• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Are Switches still hard to find? Everytime I go to my local Wal-Mart, I see at least 4/5 in the glass shelves.

I've seen local shops hold stock for days now before selling out. By comparison, a few months ago, any stock would be cleaned up within hours, so seems things are improving a bit at least.

killroy87

Switch is still hard to find from a "walk into a store and buy a switch" perspective. But if you're willing to put in a week of effort actually looking, you'll find one pretty easily.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Anyone picking up Dishonored Death of the Outsider tomorrow?

I need more of that Arkane greatness.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
I'll get it down the line for sure.

Releasing the same day as Metroid killed it for me.

Im gonna finish Metroid over the weekend then do a Satisfaction Guarantee return towards Dishonored: DotO.

LakeEarth

Off-topic a bit, but what's the best Canadian site for blu-ray movies? I was looking into getting some "known but uncommon to see in a store" 80s movies, and most of them are > $20 so I was looking for somewhere that might be better.

Off-topic a bit, but what's the best Canadian site for blu-ray movies? I was looking into getting some "known but uncommon to see in a store" 80s movies, and most of them are > $20 so I was looking for somewhere that might be better.

Sunrise Records tends to carry the stuff I won't see anywhere else. They just took over a bunch of HMV stores. I don't see an online store for them though.

I also frequent the BMV stores in Toronto. Their used sections can turn up some interesting content.

A place like Amazon can be hit or miss for rare stuff. It also doesn't help that a lot of more obscure 80s content never made it to blu-ray.

krae_man

If you're okay with used, The Beat Goes On is great. You can set up a wishlist and they email you when stock comes in. If you have one in your town, they will delivery it for free to your store, if you don't live near one, you can pay to have stuff shipped.

I also raid bargin bins wherever I see them.

Another thing you can always check is amazon.co.uk. Sometimes stuff is cheaper there. Just make sure you are buying region free copies. Also remember prices there include a 20% VAT that you won't have to pay and that will be subtracted at checkout and that usually more then covers the shipping cost.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Probably cancelling Metroid on Amazon. Odds of me just being able to walk into Best Buy and buy it tomorrow morning is really high. And I'm fed up with Amazon's shit. Problems applying promos, problems with shipping, zzz.

Probably cancelling Metroid on Amazon. Odds of me just being able to walk into Best Buy and buy it tomorrow morning is really high. And I'm fed up with Amazon's shit. Problems applying promos, problems with shipping, zzz.

I am sticking it out with them for my $50 orders but beyond that I don't think I will be using them that often.

Mathematics

Neo Member
Nintendo games on day one.
Amazon (prime) discount.

Pick one. Getting games on Friday has been a shitshow with Amazon. They can hire the best developers, but they can't solve shipping problems.

I chatted with Amazon regarding Destiny 2 not shipping yet, they said it was supposed to ship yesterday but didn't so they upgraded the shipping to get it here Saturday instead of next Tuesday.

I mentioned that other stores have way faster free shipping and Amazon's has gotten way slower, they said that a lot of people ordered Destiny so it took longer to ship.....

.....until the next game I ordered from them which is Marvel vs Capcom, I think

Dot-N-Run

BTW, is it yet known as to why does Amazon canada always "ships" pre-ordered games after/on release date?

Because they want you to buy Prime.

...Or at least that's what I would have said if I didn't still go through the same experience even when I had a free month of Prime from the trial. I honestly have no idea.

Reckheim

I chatted with Amazon regarding Destiny 2 not shipping yet, they said it was supposed to ship yesterday but didn't so they upgraded the shipping to get it here Saturday instead of next Tuesday.

I mentioned that other stores have way faster free shipping and Amazon's has gotten way slower, they said that a lot of people ordered Destiny so it took longer to ship.....

.....until the next game I ordered from them which is Marvel vs Capcom, I think

How have you not cancelled prime yet (i'm assuming that's why you ordered from Amazon)? This would piss me off beyond anything.

Vamphuntr

Even prime shipping is slow now too. I ordered a bunch of travel books since I'm planning a trip soon and for some reason the books are shipped from an Amazon warehouse from the states and it will take over a week to reach me with Prime shipping.

Switch is still hard to find from a "walk into a store and buy a switch" perspective. But if you're willing to put in a week of effort actually looking, you'll find one pretty easily.

Walked into my EB games they had a couple so I bought one. Decided to go the switch route and pick up a used 3DS instead of getting the samus special edition one. One thing i do notice is that switch games are really expensive.

iddqd

So for some reason my wife wants to play Stardew Valley.
I'm using this to finally buy a PS4 (Am on PC at this point).

Am I dumb to buy it now? There is no attractive bundle for me and black friday seems far away.
Canada GAF am I stupid?
(Not looking at the PRO btw)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom