• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

i-Lo

Just a FYI- The Sony over the head platinum wireless headphone is at its lowest price in our homeland at $150 + glorious sales tax. I just acquired one from BB and the offer is also available on Amazon Canada.

EDIT: Also Nier Automata is available for $30 on BB (for today and tomorrow) and EBgames.

I'm actually pretty relieved I'll be able to plow through Xenoblade 2 over Christmas. It would've killed me if it and Ni no Kuni II came out too close.

Dice//

Banned
Alright CanadaGAF, that Xenoblade 2 CE is on notice

So, semi-related...are Switch's less rare?

Last I tried to get my former boss of the EBGames i used to work at to hold me one and he wouldn't....and promptly sold all the ones they had that day. So that was great. lol

Tarrin

Last I tried to get my former boss of the EBGames i used to work at to hold me one and he wouldn't....and promptly sold all the ones they had that day. So that was great. lol

At least with Amazon, if you have Prime, they're in stock a lot more now.

Corey31

Not plentiful everywhere but should be able to acquire one without a ton of effort.

Samus Returns amiibo seem to have hit Toys R Us early in my area.

Not sure if they'd let me buy them but if you can find them then no harm in trying your luck.

Code:
[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/PUPdHnw.jpg[/IMG]

chronosic

Lol, I saw that my metroid pre-order still wasn't showing a ship date yesterday and I cancelled it...along with my prime subscription. What a joke the service has become.

chrono01

My pre-order for the SE of Samus Returns still doesn't have a ship date. They better not cancel this thing on me...

Edit: Never mind, I see the arrival date. Sept 20th - 22nd, and that's with Express/Prime. Ugh.

Fumpster

YMMV, but when I noticed they updated the estimated release date for the special edition of Samus Returns to be the 22nd, I just contacted a CSR and they upgraded me to one-day shipping for free. Now the estimate says Friday. So y'all could give that a try.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
So uhhh, that splatoon switch bundle is supposed to come out today in walmart? Were there online preorders that I completely missed or is it dropping sometime today?

YMMV, but when I noticed they updated the estimated release date for the special edition of Samus Returns to be the 22nd, I just contacted a CSR and they upgraded me to one-day shipping for free. Now the estimate says Friday. So y'all could give that a try.

Mine says sept 20 but I see a CC charge at 3am so I full expect it on Saturday.

Ventara

I'm tempted to get that Xenoblade LE, but it'll probably be $130 when it releases here, which is $82 more than the $48 preorder I have. Not sure if it's worth it for me at that point. I'll probably just get the guide for it and leave it at that.

sjay1994

Canada is always last too.

Also, anyone know if the Mario Odyssey joy-cons will be sold separately? They are the first joy-cons I actually might want to buy.

Dunno, but I am picking up that Switch bundle since I was waiting for Mario to pick it up and was hoping for a bundle.

I'm tempted to get that Xenoblade LE, but it'll probably be $130 when it releases here, which is $82 more than the $48 preorder I have. Not sure if it's worth it for me at that point. I'll probably just get the guide for it and leave it at that.

Yeah. The 220 page art book is tempting but I am not sure it's worth that big of a difference. I still want to get an order in if I decide to grab it though.

Just a FYI- The Sony over the head platinum wireless headphone is at its lowest price in our homeland at $150 + glorious sales tax. I just acquired one from BB and the offer is also available on Amazon Canada.

EDIT: Also Nier Automata is available for $30 on BB (for today and tomorrow) and EBgames.

Oh that insta-buy $30 price point. Feels like I can hold off for a while yet though.

Madness

God damn, Amazon still hasn't shipped Destiny 2

SMH

I mean at this point it has been said enough, unless you want the game day one and don't have Amazon Prime, don't order from Amazon. The discount is not worth losing out on what launch week is for games. I learned it the hard way too. They purposely sit on the game too. As soon as I complained and had to have order changed, magically the game was in stock, shipped from the warehouse an hour later and I had it the next morning.

daevv

I mean at this point it has been said enough, unless you want the game day one and don't have Amazon Prime, don't order from Amazon. The discount is not worth losing out on what launch week is for games. I learned it the hard way too. They purposely sit on the game too. As soon as I complained and had to have order changed, magically the game was in stock, shipped from the warehouse an hour later and I had it the next morning.

I had to explain this to a couple of friends last night. They will be playing Battlefront 2 digitally on day one. I said it will be a week or more (In Newfoundland) before I will be able to play with them as I'm getting it from Amazon. Also said I'm getting it for $50 instead of $80 and $100 they are paying so it'll be worth the wait.

krae_man

Great headphones. 3D Audio in the whopping 3 Non VR games that currently support it is great too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom