• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone here have any experience with Tech Know Space?

https://techknowspace.com/

They are a phone and tablet repair shop. They got some good reviews. Located in Toronto and Mississauga. I'm looking to get my iPhone repaired.

Bring it to an apple store. My buddy said they are the same price as the place he used to use and the last time he brought his iphone in for repairs they said the battery was "bad" so they couldn't fix the screen. Instead they gave him a 6s ( he had a 6) for the price of the screen repair!

Normally I give Amazon CS a free pass because they're just front line support, but the attitude of one really annoyed me. I asked about the late Metroid and his response was basically "lol too bad, if you don't like the delivery date, cancel it."

Did anyone here buy the NES Classic from FNAC? If so, is the system and the games only playable in French?

Games are English only and 60hz afaik

Bring it to an apple store. My buddy said they are the same price as the place he used to use and the last time he brought his iphone in for repairs they said the battery was "bad" so they couldn't fix the screen. Instead they gave him a 6s ( he had a 6) for the price of the screen repair!

yeah, I always recommend the apple store. They fixed my screen for free a year ago.

i-Jest

Normally I give Amazon CS a free pass because they're just front line support, but the attitude of one really annoyed me. I asked about the late Metroid and his response was basically "lol too bad, if you don't like the delivery date, cancel it."

Probably a long week of customer service. He's probably close to the breaking point now. He needs time away from it all before his approach really lands him in trouble.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Probably a long week of customer service. He's probably close to the breaking point now. He needs time away from it all before his approach really lands him in trouble.

At least he didn't pull the fire alarm to avoid having to tell another customer why Metroid wasn't shipped out on time.

BTails

So I just got a tracking number for some records I ordered a while back, shipping from Austin, TX. I looked at the tracking, and it's still "In-Transit", last scan on Aug 31, departing Edmonton on it's way to the destination. That destination is listed as Inuvik, Northwest Territories.

...I live in Calgary.

Apparently Canada Post can't do anything until it arrives in Inuvik. Just got off the phone with Customer Service, having filed a formal complaint because REALLY?!? *Sigh*

chrono01

I pre-ordered the Pokéball New 2DS XL and I don't even know why. I already own a couple 3DS (including one 3DS XL), as well as a New 3DS. I don't yet own a 2DS though, original or New variant, so this will be my first. At least, that's the argument I have in making the purchase.

It's just such a nice design...

Riptwo

So I just got a tracking number for some records I ordered a while back, shipping from Austin, TX. I looked at the tracking, and it's still "In-Transit", last scan on Aug 31, departing Edmonton on it's way to the destination. That destination is listed as Inuvik, Northwest Territories.

...I live in Calgary.

Apparently Canada Post can't do anything until it arrives in Inuvik. Just got off the phone with Customer Service, having filed a formal complaint because REALLY?!? *Sigh*
I'm still waiting for a Mondo vinyl order from July, but I guess I'm glad that the tracking number never worked or I'm sure I'd be pissed off too.

farisr

End of an era. Finally ran out of PSN credit that I bought via the first visa checkout $20 off $100 deal that happened, which resulted in places like Best Buy not allowing that deal to be valid for those kinds of currency cards.

I had basically been enjoying a 20% discount of sorts so far on purchases I was making on PSN.

i-Jest

At least he didn't pull the fire alarm to avoid having to tell another customer why Metroid wasn't shipped out on time.

Hey, that can still happen! Customers are crazy and sometimes reps just do ridiculous things to get through the day, and the few anal customers :p

I pre-ordered the Pokéball New 2DS XL and I don't even know why. I already own a couple 3DS (including one 3DS XL), as well as a New 3DS. I don't yet own a 2DS though, original or New variant, so this will be my first. At least, that's the argument I have in making the purchase.

It's just such a nice design...

The pictures of it do look very nice. I can see why you preordered.

Ondore

End of an era. Finally ran out of PSN credit that I bought via the first visa checkout $20 off $100 deal that happened, which resulted in places like Best Buy not allowing that deal to be valid for those kinds of currency cards.

I had basically been enjoying a 20% discount of sorts so far on purchases I was making on PSN.

Damn, you probably cleaned up on that with no tax on PSN.

Avalt

I'm impressed with walmart.ca right now. First time buying from them, but I ordered the Splatoon Switch bungle yesterday and they managed to get it to my house today.

(and it appears that bundle is out of stock now too...)

farisr

I'm impressed with walmart.ca right now. First time buying from them, but I ordered the Splatoon Switch bungle yesterday and they managed to get it to my house today.

(and it appears that bundle is out of stock now too...)
The only problems I see with walmart.ca at this point are the repeated temp charges they do for preorders made in advance, I can definitely see people that are on the verge of maxing out their credit card having an issue with that. And the other is you have to call in for cancellations after a certain period of time.

I'm lucky that the first one isn't an issue for me, the second one however, again not that big of a deal to me since they'll take returns at the store if I don't have time to cancel before the game releases. Make lots of trips to walmart anyways.

So yeah, right now, walmart has my full support in regards to game purchases due to them being the ones who actually provided decent deals over the last couple of year with their $50 games.

You got more than double? Can you share how?

The manager said that another deal was used to override the double trade amount. I think it's one of their trade three deal even though I was only trading in two titles. Not sure how exactly it worked. I still got the double trade value deal on the Rabbids though.

Do I have to trade in 2 games to get double credit with the coupon, or is it a maximum of 2 games?

I traded in Overwatch and Lost Legacy last weekend and want to trade in Persona 5 this weekend before that TIV plummets, but I don't have anything else to trade with it that will get me more than $16, and I'd rather hold onto those certain games (UC4, Dark Souls III, RotTR) if that's all I'm going to get.

EDIT: Just realized I still have Horizon, but that DLC is coming soon....hmmmm....

The manager said that another deal was used to override the double trade amount. I think it's one of their trade three deal even though I was only trading in two titles. Not sure how exactly it worked. I still got the double trade value deal on the Rabbids though.

Oh yes that makes sense. $8 or greater value gets bumped to $26.67 * 3 games = $79

Thanks good to know

chrono01

The pictures of it do look very nice. I can see why you preordered.
Yeah, I love how there's no decal or anything on it, just the Pokéball design itself. I mean, anyone familiar with video games probably know what/where it's from, but it's understated in-comparison to a lot of the other LE consoles out there. The only thing that could have killed it for me was if the inside was black or another boring color, but thankfully it's red so it matches the outside. It's a pretty cohesive design, and I particular like how the button for the Pokéball sticks out (bonus points if pushing down on it opens the console, but I doubt that'll happen.

Oh well, what's a few bucks for something I like? Nothing, I say!

DVCY201

Yea, just so that everyone is getting the best deal, if the trade-in value is $10 it gets increased to 26.67. I just traded in MGSV and DQ Builders to get Metroid for free.

So unless your game is below $10 or greater than $14, it's probably better to do Trade 3

Do I have to trade in 2 games to get double credit with the coupon, or is it a maximum of 2 games?

I traded in Overwatch and Lost Legacy last weekend and want to trade in Persona 5 this weekend before that TIV plummets, but I don't have anything else to trade with it that will get me more than $16, and I'd rather hold onto those certain games (UC4, Dark Souls III, RotTR) if that's all I'm going to get.

EDIT: Just realized I still have Horizon, but that DLC is coming soon....hmmmm....

You can trade in just 1 game, I traded in only Prey with the double credit.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
You can trade in just 1 game, I traded in only Prey with the double credit.

When did you trade it? Wondering if it still doubles up to $50

Has anyone bought the new dishonoured game? I am interested but do not know how good it is

I picked it up. Not even sure why as Im still going through Prey (also by Arkane). Oh thats right because they're one of my favourite studios around and I'll support them day 1, backlog be damned.

If you've played their modern games (Dishonored 1, 2, Prey) then its more of that immersive sim greatness (lots of freedom in completing objectives, lots of interactivity and a ton of attention to detail). Early impressions indicate its just as good as Dishonored 2.

While you're at it, I also recommend checking Prey if you havent already (Dead Space x Bioshock)

Edit: First post? Welcome to Neogaf!

farisr

Traded Destiny 2 in for $70 at EB, and two 360 controllers for $30 for a total of $100. Got a PSN card, and bought Destiny 2 digitally.

All in all having multiple copies of destiny 2 ordered at discount worked out great.

Sold two copies to friends at a minimal profit (sold for $60, cost 56.49). Sold two copies for $70 on kijiji. And sold my used copy to eb for $70 as well. Bought the game + expansion pass for $120. (with $20 of that credit being from the visa checkout deal)

Basically the game + expansions came out to around $66 dollars in the end if I keep the controllers (and the discounted PSN credit) out of the equation.

Not bad at all.

Could've been $46 if I wanted to be a jerk to my friends, but whatever.

Some values must be dropping. Tekken got $48 not $66 :(

Put everything onto PSN cards. Such a backlog of preorders with previous 2x deals, plus it's hard to justify $79 + tax for anything with price drops coming faster than ever.

PSN flash sales are really good.

Edit: sorry if this sounded like a blog thoughts post, lol

chrono01

Well at least I know why they delayed shipment of my Samus Returns + Amiibo order at Amazon. It was so they could combine them all into a single order with Mary Skelter (releases on the 19th) so they could save on shipping, despite me being a Prime member with Express shipping. :/

bradtml19

Neo Member
I picked it up. Not even sure why as Im still going through Prey (also by Arkane). Oh thats right because they're one of my favourite studios around and I'll support them day 1, backlog be damned.

If you've played their modern games (Dishonored 1, 2, Prey) then its more of that immersive sim greatness (lots of freedom in completing objectives, lots of interactivity and a ton of attention to detail). Early impressions indicate its just as good as Dishonored 2.

While you're at it, I also recommend checking Prey if you havent already (Dead Space x Bioshock)

Edit: First post? Welcome to Neogaf![/QUOTE]

Yup, first post. Thanks. I really enjoyed both Dishonoured 1 and 2, and am tempted to play Prey. I might have to pick up the new Dishonoured game too

Anyone trade in a 360 controller at EB today ? I have one that I haven't used in awhile for my PC but want to know if it's worth trading in due to the double credit promo

Bronetta

Stealth games should never be first person.

Ever.

Dropped that game like a hot potato.

tPcCUly.gif

mdubs

Banned

I'd indicate my displeasure in the survey you get sent afterwards because I think that's linked to their job performance rankings

Kiro

As someone who has never played Dishonoured 1, 2 or Prey and I want to try them all. This page of posts has me confused as to whether they are good or not lol. I am pretty sure I'll like them though.

Davide

I've never used EB Games trade in credit before, does it have to be used immediately for a game or is it just kept on your account?

UberTag

L. A. Noire up for PS4/XB1/Switch on Amazone

PS4
XB1
Switch

I'm sure everyone is happy about that switch price :^)
I'll wait till the Prime discount applies.
No guarantee that it will. Those tightwad fucks at Amazon don't even want to dole out 10% on pre-orders now. NHL 18 had its stripped away. Fallout 4 GOTY Edition sure doesn't have them. Plenty of titles don't.

$65 plus tax?! Am I wrong or did that game hit bargain bins about a month after release the first time around?
Yo lol at that Switch price. Not a chance in hell.
I feel obligated to take this opportunity to pass along that VideoGamesPlus.ca has the Switch version of this port up with NO obligatory Switch tax (i.e. the 'let's gouge these customers' tax). So it's only $49.99 like its PS4 and Xbox One counterparts. Granted, you have to pony up for shipping but I had some loyalty points stocked up to credit towards that.

i-Jest

No guarantee that it will. Those tightwad fucks at Amazon don't even want to dole out 10% on pre-orders now. NHL 18 had its stripped away. Fallout 4 GOTY Edition sure doesn't have them. Plenty of titles don't.

I feel obligated to take this opportunity to pass along that VideoGamesPlus.ca has the Switch version of this port up with NO obligatory Switch tax (i.e. the 'let's gouge these customers' tax). So it's only $49.99 like its PS4 and Xbox One counterparts. Granted, you have to pony up for shipping but I had some loyalty points stocked up to credit towards that.

I know how alot of you feel about VGP but having this option is nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom