• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Lol I was told by an Amazon rep last night that my copy of Samus Returns would be shipped today and arrive today. I had my doubts and contacted Amazon again and now this rep tells me it won't ship until Monday. These fucking assholes are absolutely useless.

Kiro

Lol I was told by an Amazon rep last night that my copy of Samus Returns would be shipped today and arrive today. I had my doubts and contacted Amazon again and now this rep tells me it won't ship until Monday. These fucking assholes are absolutely useless.

I contacted them too with the same thing yesterday, and again today. She said she is personally working on it so it ships today, lol yeah right. But they gave me $5 off, so I don't mind when money is tight.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
I contacted them too with the same thing yesterday, and again today. She said she is personally working on it so it ships today, lol yeah right. But they gave me $5 off, so I don't mind when money is tight.
I cancelled it and I'm on my way to an EB to pick up a copy. I stopped using Amazon a long time ago but this was the one exception since they deliver on weekends and it was nice to have that to fall back on, but I hate being lied to. That's all their reps ever do to me, so I was stupid to try them again.

JDH

Yup, they shipped mine yesterday at like 10pm and it was supposed to be delivered today, but now shows tomorrow. Of course it's going to my work and we are closed tomorrow, so I won't get it until Monday or Tuesday now.

Grimsen

So you believe Amazon is purposefully making its customers unhappy and angry just so they can leave for competitors?

I guess I have a bridge to sell you and a tinfoil hat.

As far as Amazon goes, only games are having issues, everything else ships on the day I order it, even with free shipping. It's far more likely Amazon Canada has some publishers/sellers issues on some titles rather than "RAWR I'M GOING TO DELAY YOUR GAME JUST BECAUSE". Also prime clearly states that only eligible titles (those they can secure early enough) are eligible for same day delivery. Whenever a title is bumped to release day delivery, it never fails to show up on time on my end.

Expect 129.99 CND, maybe 139.99. Can't really be more than that because we would be entering twice the price territory.

Go try to preorder MVCi and play with the shipping speeds. Come back and explain to me then.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
It's definitely available for preorder today at EB? I'm still waiting to get the XC2 and FE Warriors SE preordered!
Available now.

- Mario Odyssey Switch Hardware Bundle ($499.99)
- N2DSXL Pokeball edition ($209.99)
- N2DSXL White/Orange edition ($199.99)
- Snipperclips Plus ($39.99)
- Mario Party Top 100 ($49.99)
- Doom ($79.99)
- XENOBLADE CHRONICLES 2 SPECIAL EDITION ($129.99$)
- Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Pro Controller ($99.99)

Available now.

- Doom ($79.99)

Hmm. I was going to put my money towards FIFA but if they have Xeno Chronicles Special editions available I might bite.

BTails

Ended up preordering the iPhone 8... Not feeling the X, at least not at it's insane price, but I want to upgrade from my 3-year old iPhone 6. Was able to get "Position 1" in line for in-store pickup through Rogers' device registration system.

I crunched the numbers, and with my corporate phone plan, it's actually cheaper by a couple hundred dollars to be on Rogers' Premium Plus Tab for 2 years than to be on BYOD and buy the phone outright! Not bad at all.

Available now.

- Doom ($79.99)

Awesome! Thank you!

shira

Available now.

pokemon tax
blush_smile.gif

neeksleep

Available now.

- Doom ($79.99)

at EB? I just called and they said they aren't taking preorders for the XB2 SE yet. Might be my location though (ottawa)

Ended up preordering the iPhone 8... Not feeling the X, at least not at it's insane price, but I want to upgrade from my 3-year old iPhone 6. Was able to get "Position 1" in line for in-store pickup through Rogers' device registration system.

I crunched the numbers, and with my corporate phone plan, it's actually cheaper by a couple hundred dollars to be on Rogers' Premium Plus Tab for 2 years than to be on BYOD and buy the phone outright! Not bad at all.

What does "Position 1" mean?

at EB? I just called and they said they aren't taking preorders for the XB2 SE yet. Might be my location though (ottawa)

I just called my nearby EB games in the Ottawa area and the person said that the XB2 SE is available for preorder. Hopefully I will be able to get one after work.

neeksleep

I just called my nearby EB games in the Ottawa area and the person said that the XB2 SE is available for preorder. Hopefully I will be able to get one after work.

Called back and now they're saying it's good to go. The hell, that was less than an hour difference. Going to pre-order now before they decide to change their mind

zeitgeist

So for this EB double trade situation. I know that pre-ordering with the trade in value removes the tax for the trade-in amount but what if I want to trade in and grab a game off the shelf. Is the tax still removed?

I have my eye on ROTR now that it's 30 bucks.

Dorygrant

So for this EB double trade situation. I know that pre-ordering with the trade in value removes the tax for the trade-in amount but what if I want to trade in and grab a game off the shelf. Is the tax still removed?

I have my eye on ROTR now that it's 30 bucks.

Yeah I traded NHL 17 for $17 and had to pay 3 bucks to get Stardew Valley new (was on sale for 19.99).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom