• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sealtest

Dollar drinks ended the 4th, at least for my franchise.

Same here, Almost all Mcdonalds in Essex County stopped. Guessing it's like this everywhere.

I'll never understand why they don't just keep it $1 since it's like that in the US at least in Michigan all year.

Stage On

Ok so Pokemon Ultra sun and Moon dropped to $49.99 on Amazon.

Only problem is that drop is being taken out of my E3 20% off discount, so now it's saying I'm only getting $4 off. Not sure I should fight them over this because that wasn't how the e3 discount was supposed to work or just go with my backup order from Best buy

Sealtest

Only problem is that drop is being taken out of my E3 20% off discount, so now it's saying I'm only getting $4 off. Not sure I should fight them over this because that wasn't how the e3 discount was supposed to work or just go with my backup order from Best buy

Fight. We had to do the same exact thing last year. Eventually they discounted everyones. Since this is the real price there is no reason to not give us the 20%

jokkir

They'll give it to you. Just contact them after the game arrives and they'll refund you the 20%

CazTGG

When in doubt, contact CS about the promotion not being applied properly and be polite about it.

i-Jest

I'm going to have to check my Bestbuy order. I'm not trying lose my double discount.

ObscureMotives

Neo Member
I'm going to have to check my Bestbuy order. I'm not trying lose my double discount.
I ordered Samus Returns from Best Buy when it was 59.99, it billed at 47.99 so I've saved a whopping $2. I've sent a message about it, I'll post when I get the following up. If they don't fix it though, looks like I'm cancelling 90% of my BB orders.

I ordered Samus Returns from Best Buy when it was 59.99, it billed at 47.99 so I've saved a whopping $2. I've sent a message about it, I'll post when I get the following up. If they don't fix it though, looks like I'm cancelling 90% of my BB orders.

I think Bestbuy doesn't discount from price change when it happens. I remember this very thing happening with Captain Toad or some other game. When people called, the response was basically they "they were still getting a discount anyway!" ...

Sealtest

I think Bestbuy doesn't discount from price change when it happens. I remember this very thing happening with Captain Toad or some other game. When people called, the response was basically they "they were still getting a discount anyway!" ...

That's been different since 2 e3's ago. These promo codes give us price protection and we should be getting charged correctly when they ship.

If the price of the game is reduced closer to release, what does this mean for my order?
You will receive 20% off the new lower price! That is, as long as your order and the games are all eligible for the promotional deal.

That's taken from the official E3 2017 FAQ

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/e3.aspx

SickBoy

I just realized that other than missing Target's clearance deals, I also miss their Redcard credit card. 5% off on everything (plus a percentage I can't remember in gift card rewards). Those were the days.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
You might remember me complaining about not getting the preorder bonus with Metroid Samus Returns. I filled out the feedback form online.

Well someone from the store called me today and kept apologizing. I felt bad because he's always good to me when I go in. I didn't want anyone to get in trouble, I just wanted the keychain. Good news is they've kept one aside for me which I'll pick up later.

You might remember me complaining about not getting the preorder bonus with Metroid Samus Returns. I filled out the feedback form online.

Well someone from the store called me today and kept apologizing. I felt bad because he's always good to me when I go in. I didn't want anyone to get in trouble, I just wanted the keychain. Good news is they've kept one aside for me which I'll pick up later.

You did them a favour. B&M stores will only last vs online competition with good CS and day 1 bonuses.

I shake my head in disbelief at certain locations that don't know their own promos or make up rules along the way that only serve to frustrate or rip off customers...

NYR

My NHL 18 order from Wal-Mart is coming....next Thursday.

Fuck Wal-Mart. Definitely not worth the $20 in savings from Amazon. Never again.

iphys

Yeah, I was overcharged too, but I'm not sure whether they will fix it on their own or not. In the past they've sometimes given me a credit a few days later, and it's still only showing as a temporary authorization on my credit card.

UberTag

Fight. We had to do the same exact thing last year. Eventually they discounted everyones. Since this is the real price there is no reason to not give us the 20%
The reason is that they have every intention of short-shrifting folks by offering less than the 20% discount they pre-ordered for. Their Prime discount script USED to work so that it provided 20% savings on top of whatever their lowest-price guarantee wound up delivering and now it doesn't.

And you shouldn't have to jump through hoops in order to get them to honor it. You're far better off not renewing Prime and not giving Amazon your business.

Sealtest

The reason is that they have every intention of short-shrifting folks by offering less than the 20% discount they pre-ordered for. Their Prime discount script USED to work so that it provided 20% savings on top of whatever their lowest-price guarantee wound up delivering and now it doesn't.

And you shouldn't have to jump through hoops in order to get them to honor it. You're far better off not renewing Prime and not giving Amazon your business.

Oh I cancelled my prime the day they moved it to 10% savings. And funny enough on the way out they decided to refund me the total amount for a year of prime even though I only had 1 month left.

UberTag

Oh I cancelled my prime the day they moved it to 10% savings. And funny enough on the way out they decided to refund me the total amount for a year of prime even though I only had 1 month left.
Man, how'd you finagle that arrangement? That's like a "please stay with us Rogers-type deal" yet they still lost your business anyhow.

Sealtest

Man, how'd you finagle that arrangement? That's like a "please stay with us Rogers-type deal" yet they still lost your business anyhow.

No idea, I just said to the CS in chat that I'd like to cancel my prime and get a refund on the remaining month and they gave me a full refund

Stage On

The worst part is that it isn't even the prime discount but the e3 one which is supposed to work exactly like you described. 20% off the lowest price.

Firestorm

I'm keeping Prime until they put up the SNES Mini and then I'm out I think. I kinda wanna check out some of Prime Video (Man in the High Castle, American Gods, and The Tick) but I don't think it's worth it.

chrono01

I'm keeping Prime until they put up the SNES Mini and then I'm out I think. I kinda wanna check out some of Prime Video (Man in the High Castle, American Gods, and The Tick) but I don't think it's worth it.
This right here.

I was going to cancel the other day, but when I saw my subscription is valid until November, I might as well keep it around a while longer in-case the SNES Classic Mini is exclusive to it (as you say).

By the by, I was at Walmart and Lego Batman Movie on Blu-ray combo was stickered at $15 on the shelf itself, while the box showed $20, and it scanned for $21, but the employee was happy to honor the $15 price.

Also, help a guy out, has ANYONE in Toronto spotted the Dragon Ball GT complete series DVD set for $30 recently at Walmart? I saw two copies like around the holidays and skipped it for some stupid reason, now I can't find it anymore. :(

This right here.

I was going to cancel the other day, but when I saw my subscription is valid until November, I might as well keep it around a while longer in-case the SNES Classic Mini is exclusive to it (as you say).

Best strategy.

But gonna keep mine thru black friday in case of prime exclusive blah blah

EB values update
$20 for Yakuza Kiwami
$44 for FF12
After double up offer

Shouldn't you have gotten $10 off with SCOP?

Nope, scanning code of practice does not apply to the scenario he described, as the verbiage says "if the price of a non-price ticketed item".... I assume this is the rule so people can't just switch stickers and say dur hurr $10 off please.

Edit: here it is: What are the features of the Scanning Code of Practice? If the scanned price of a non-price ticketed item (an item with a barcode that doesn't have a price tag stuck to it) is higher than the shelf price or any other displayed price, the customer is entitled to receive the item free, up to a $10 maximum.

He might get them to honour it anyway because of the shelf label, worth a try.

Corey31

By the by, I was at Walmart and Lego Batman Movie on Blu-ray combo was stickered at $15 on the shelf itself, while the box showed $20, and it scanned for $21, but the employee was happy to honor the $15 price.

Also, help a guy out, has ANYONE in Toronto spotted the Dragon Ball GT complete series DVD set for $30 recently at Walmart? I saw two copies like around the holidays and skipped it for some stupid reason, now I can't find it anymore. :(

I just picked a copy of it up today. There is a new release that comes with Lego Ninjago Movie Cash. It's missing the slipcover but it has a sticker over the old UPC to make it ring up at the $15 price.

A Wal-Mart employee at your store must have just put all the old releases sans movie cash in the slot for the newer cheaper release.

If I trade games to EB what should I put the credit towards, I can't think of any games I don't already have pre-ordered from E3 and I don't want to buy any games due to my yuuuuge backlog I'm getting through

If I trade games to EB what should I put the credit towards, I can't think of any games I don't already have pre-ordered from E3 and I don't want to buy any games due to my yuuuuge backlog I'm getting through

Pre-order games that come out in 2018. You can always switch the pre-orders. When they had the Switch pre-order deals, I just pre-ordered random Switch games and swapped the pre-orders out. I just swapped out my pre-order for ARMS a couple weeks ago even though it was like two months since it came out.

timnich

Anyone have their Metroid amiibo ship from Amazon? I'm still waiting for mine, just received an email that they are still looking for the product....I got screwed over, right...?

Anyone have their Metroid amiibo ship from Amazon? I'm still waiting for mine, just received an email that they are still looking for the product....I got screwed over, right...?

Didn't realize I would enjoy the game so much, now I want the amiibos. Any suggestions on where to find?

Kazerei

Banned

I'm not a Prime member, and my order status is "Will ship 18 Sep" and "Arriving Friday". Which is kinda weird since I live in the GTA and usually get stuff in 1-2 business days. At the very least it seems like Amazon does have an amiibo pack for me. Good luck.

Ventara

Still waiting for mine, too. Hope we both get ours.

Didn't realize I would enjoy the game so much, now I want the amiibos. Any suggestions on where to find?

I can sell you mine for a million dollars!

dr.-evil-million-dollar-term-policy-300x241.jpg

Just keep an eye out on amiibo-hunt on Discord.

Luigi87

Been thinking about switching to Freedom mobile (live in the Hamilton region)... On one hand I didn't like that if you go off their network you can get charged roaming within Canada, but then I realize it's not like I really travel far within Canada...
Only thinking about this since they're running that 6GB for the 2GB data plan this weekend.

Kiro

Been thinking about switching to Freedom mobile (live in the Hamilton region)... On one hand I didn't like that if you go off their network you can get charged roaming within Canada, but then I realize it's not like I really travel far within Canada...
Only thinking about this since they're running that 6GB for the 2GB data plan this weekend.

I have Freedom (in Ottawa and sometimes back to family for Toronto). I pay 45 bucks after tax and have unlimited data, calls, texts. It sometimes sucks travelling between the two cities. I get dead zones in basements and sometimes if it's rush hour and I'm downtown it seems like the network is overworked and I get spotty data until it clears up. Honestly, I can't complain for the price and Hamilton may he different but I know that even in a home zone that sometimes my phone may be unusable.

Luigi87

I have Freedom (in Ottawa and sometimes back to family for Toronto). I pay 45 bucks after tax and have unlimited data, calls, texts. It sometimes sucks travelling between the two cities. I get dead zones in basements and sometimes if it's rush hour and I'm downtown it seems like the network is overworked and I get spotty data until it clears up. Honestly, I can't complain for the price and Hamilton may he different but I know that even in a home zone that sometimes my phone may be unusable.

Yeah that is admittedly my other concern.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom