• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

UberTag

I had to bail from Freedom / Wind after my phone failed to get a signal from inside my new apartment. Switched over to Public Mobile and haven't looked back. Couldn't be happier with the price / service quality, too.

Lexxism

I had to bail from Freedom / Wind after my phone failed to get a signal from inside my new apartment. Switched over to Public Mobile and haven't looked back. Couldn't be happier with the price / service quality, too.
Did you get the fall promo last year? If so, did you receive any text asking you to switch to koodo?

gabbo

I have similar issues with my apartment and Freedom/Wind. What is your Public mobile package like?

i-Jest

Did all you beautiful people, who pre-ordered Monster Hunter Stories from Bestbuy, get your DLC codes? I didn't even know we'd get a preorder bonus. It wasn't on the order page the last time I checked.

leeman

Did all you beautiful people, who pre-ordered Monster Hunter Stories from Bestbuy, get your DLC codes? I didn't even know we'd get a preorder bonus. It wasn't on the order page the last time I checked.

Just got mine on Friday. Didn't realize we got anything, haven't tried it out yet, not even sure what it does :p.

Ventara

Yeah, I didn't realize there was a bonus code either, lol. Just checked and I did get it, though.

Edit: Looks like it's a set of 4 riders

DIpvB2eXUAAGhnP.jpg

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1427315

Though, I haven't redeemed mine yet.

slasj

Neo Member
Yes, until Oct 1st. It can change anytime.

I doubt it will change before Oct.1 with the coupons out there. I took a stack so if they decide to say it's no longer available when I go, I will just pull out a coupon that says "Until Oct.1". I could see them just tanking the prices if they wanted to kill it.

iLLmAtlc

Hey you guys see Hillary Clinton's new book at superstore or walmart? I was hopeful that the book would be big enough to be released there but I just finished work and I'm too lazy to go check

I just dropped by today and it's on sale for $23.99 at walmart, for my fellow marks.

VMphkiJ.gif

farisr

I started persona up last week with the intention of going through the game this month and trading it in. But looks like it's a keeper in my books. Gonna take my time with it. Rushing through it would ruin it. Maybe I'll reevaluate when another double credit trade in deal happens later.

(this is my first Persona game, so I really didn't know what to actually expect while playing the game, I just got it based off the style, the menu system, the music and some clips I saw here and there)

I started persona up last week with the intention of going through the game this month and trading it in. But looks like it's a keeper in my books. Gonna take my time with it. Rushing through it would ruin it. Maybe I'll reevaluate when another double credit trade in deal happens later.

(this is my first Persona game, so I really didn't know what to actually expect while playing the game, I just got it based off the style, the menu system, the music and some clips I saw here and there)

It's 120 hours. I have only have 3 "keeping forever" physical games from current gen in my collection, and P5 is one of them. What ride that game is.

When you finish it there's a New Game + mode

Classic. Classic!

When you finish, get a PSTV and P4G (~$70). It's equally good.

Kiro

It's 120 hours. I have only have 3 "keeping forever" physical games from current gen in my collection, and P5 is one of them. What ride that game is.

Classic. Classic!

...I trust you both. I've played the first dungeon and it's okay so far. Only Persona game I've played. I loved TMS so I'm not sure why this isn't sticking with me as much. I'll give it another go.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.

Classic. Classic!

You said it. Its still my GotY.

Not without its flaws but a masterpiece nontheless.

Stage On

Well I got Customer service to fix my order of Pokemon Ultra Sun and Moon. The only problem is they did that by manually adjusting the price down to $80 before tax and removing the e3% discount.

Hopefully that won't make more issues down the line since the price is unlikely to drop any further

Seik

Banned
I ended up buying Rayman Legends, Pokken and DBZ Xenoverse 2 Switch on Amazon.com with my free Prime month.

Shipped inside the US to family who will then ship to me for free, thanks to them I'll save a lot of money on these ports I would probably not buy at full price here.

Gotta buy stuff with that US 20% discount while it's still there!

zroid

Banned
Does anyone know what the trade in value for a New Nintendo 3ds XL is at EB?

i'm not sure but iirc when the switch came out they had an offer to get $150 for it if you pre-order a switch

so you can expect it to be something less than that, but probably not too much less.

I don't know if this was store specific. I can't find it online, so definitely in store only.

This weekend (maybe still happening), EB Games was selling 1 TB XB1 S bundles for $70 off, so ($379), which is fine, but they kicker is they were also throwing in a free copy of either Madden 18, NHL 18 or DESTINY 2, plus a couple other little odds and ends (rubber thumb stick extensions, and a Minecraft backpack, which I guess is for the nephew) and $10 off of an XBL sub.

Long and short of it is, I traded in Persona 5, Horizon ZD, Uncharted LL and Overwatch (in two separate "double trade in's), and three 3DS games and walked out of there with a 1TB XB1S, Forza Horizon 3, Destiny 2 and 6 months of XBL Gold, while paying $180 out of pocket. Pretty happy with this deal. I was on the fence about getting an XB1S since I already have a PS4, but with Battlegrounds coming out and Destiny 2 for free...hard deal to pass up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom