• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luigi87

My Orzly from the UK finally arrived today, lol
I mean I got my one shipped Via Prime over a week ago, but... well, extras!

jokkir

I assume it would be a waste if I get the pro controller if I don't play docked too often? Lol this best buy has it in stock

I also found Animal Crossing New Leaf for 13$ and Xenoblade Chronicles X for 30$

kevin1025

Banned
I assume it would be a waste if I get the pro controller if I don't play docked too often? Lol this best buy has it in stock

You can play it undocked if you want! It depends on if you want a usual console type controller or not. If you plan on playing a bunch of games on the Switch, it could very well be worth it for you. But if you're happy with handheld mode or the grip, it's not a mandatory thing!

But I think it's a really damn good controller, and am looking forward to my own arriving tomorrow :D

jholmes

The funny thing is modern console barely read the disks anymore other than the initial install and the check that you have the disk in.

See, this is kinda why I don't get why people go nuts for these small-print-run games on PS4 since the games don't even run off the discs. I'm a huge physical collector but I think I'm done after this last generation because they're just meaningless pieces of plastic now. Even the Switch I can't get excited about with those huge, empty boxes.

Amazon probably has a folder just for CanadaGAF.

One of them slipped the other day and called me Reddish.

Man, I hope this isn't true. It ain't gonna take them any time to figure out who I am.

Fularu

Banned
See, this is kinda why I don't get why people go nuts for these small-print-run games on PS4 since the games don't even run off the discs. I'm a huge physical collector but I think I'm done after this last generation because they're just meaningless pieces of plastic now. Even the Switch I can't get excited about with those huge, empty boxes.

Man, I hope this isn't true. It ain't gonna take them any time to figure out who I am.

The Switch boxes are small. They're smaller than PSP cases and use about as much plastic as 3DS cases

Savitar

I put on my Orzly tempered glass yesterday, was super easy!

Today I noticed there is a tiny little speck of dirt near dead center of the screen despite having wiped everything pretty good before hand.

....I can not unsee it, I suppose I'll have to use the other one now.

Lizardus

I don't even have a Switch yet but I'm thinking about getting that since its marked down so much. Anyone have one and can vouch for its quality?

I also ordered one since its pretty cheap. I can't say for the quality of this particular one but I ordered Spigen screen protectors for S7 Edge and Blackberry DTEK60 for my parents and they were good. Their cases are also good.

I don't think you can go wrong.

Lizardus

Just a head up about amiibo. We might be seeing the reveal of Fierce Deity, Skyward Sword and Twilight Princess Link amiibo soon. Best Buy accidentally put them up and removed them. If they are anything like the previous 30th anniversary amiibos, they will be hard to get.

Thanks guys, I ordered it. The free shipping with prime makes the deal too sweet to pass up and good to hear its easy to put on, I'm terrible at it too.

MikeyMike

For some reason 20% of 80$ is 10$ for Amazon if you look at my invoice for PE5... I won't waste too much time on this so I hope it gets corrected.

Also, does Bose do an annual sale for Bluetooth headphones? Would love to get a pair of Quietcomfort 35 but 450$ is a ridiculous price.

For some reason 20% of 80$ is 10$ for Amazon if you look at my invoice for PE5... I won't waste too much time on this so I hope it gets corrected.

Also, does Bose do an annual sale for Bluetooth headphones? Would love to get a pair of Quietcomfort 35 but 450$ is a ridiculous price.

I think they did put the Quietcomfort 20/25 on sale last year, but I kind of assumed that was because they were killing production on them. Even then, they only dropped the price by $50.

kevin1025

Banned
Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 10: Screen Protect Yourselves From Deals!

I should probably buy a screen protector but I like to live on the edge.

Cru Jones

I kept tabs on QC35 and QC25 all 2016 and there wasn't anything... so I wouldn't hold your breath for those two models. Other models did go on sale.

jokkir

How often do you think that screen protector will go on sale for? I need to replace my Switch (it's bent) but I don't see myself doing that anytime soon. I feel like if I don't get it now, I'd miss that price hmm

I ordered an Orzly off Amazon.ca yesterday and it got here today. I already have the screen protector on from the one that came with Nintendo's case, but it has dust trapped inside and one air bubble that won't leave, so I'll have to take it off soon. Any advice on how to remove it, clean the screen and apply the Orzly?

jholmes

The Switch boxes are small. They're smaller than PSP cases and use about as much plastic as 3DS cases

They're small only compared to other boxes. Given that they usually contain a tiny card and nothing else, they're an enormous waste of plastic.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I ordered an Orzly off Amazon.ca yesterday and it got here today. I already have the screen protector on from the one that came with Nintendo's case, but it has dust trapped inside and one air bubble that won't leave, so I'll have to take it off soon. Any advice on how to remove it, clean the screen and apply the Orzly?
It's possible, but extremely difficult - it's why they include the stickers with the protectors. You are supposed to use the stickers to remove any dust from the screen and the back of the protector... but you might end up getting more dust on everything in the process.

tsundoku

You can play it undocked if you want! It depends on if you want a usual console type controller or not. If you plan on playing a bunch of games on the Switch, it could very well be worth it for you. But if you're happy with handheld mode or the grip, it's not a mandatory thing!

But I think it's a really damn good controller, and am looking forward to my own arriving tomorrow :D
no?
My pro controller doesn't work in the majority of my games in "tabletop" mode and it only works now in zelda after the recent patch
before that it was ONE game

Just a head up about amiibo. We might be seeing the reveal of Fierce Deity, Skyward Sword and Twilight Princess Link amiibo soon. Best Buy accidentally put them up and removed them. If they are anything like the previous 30th anniversary amiibos, they will be hard to get.

I remember when people on AmiiboCanada were SURE this was 2 corrins, cloud and bayo

I'm of half a mind nintendo took way too long to produce cloud and cant get square to resign the merchandise contract so he's never coming

kevin1025

Banned
no?
My pro controller doesn't work in the majority of my games in "tabletop" mode and it only works now in zelda after the recent patch
before that it was ONE game

Whoa, really? I remember watching some videos that said it was a-okay to go. Sorry if I was spreading misinformation, I just expected it to work outright! That's bizarre, especially given how popular the controller is. What games does it not work in that you have?

Mega late edit: Just to be positive, outside of that one touch-only game, the Pro Controller is compatible with everything in docked mode, I take it?

Sora_N

I ordered at launch and got it yesterday too. Mail is being held up at customs. I got 2 things from Asia too from 2 months ago.

You can try some rubbing alcohol but it's hard to make it perfect I find.

tsundoku

Whoa, really? I remember watching some videos that said it was a-okay to go. Sorry if I was spreading misinformation, I just expected it to work outright! That's bizarre, especially given how popular the controller is. What games does it not work in that you have?

Mega late edit: Just to be positive, outside of that one touch-only game, the Pro Controller is compatible with everything in docked mode, I take it?

I'll report back on this when I actually buy shovel knight and blaster master but

Post patches it now works on Isaac and Zelda
Doesnt work on Bomberman
Obviously doesnt work on Snipperclips in any config for no understandable reason
Been a while since i played puyo puyo demo not in handheld mode or not with 2 joycons so i'll check that when I get home from work

mostly just residual anger from Zelda i'm still shaking off but it should flat out work in every game and it not working in Bomberman is ridiculous

killroy87

I'll report back on this when I actually buy shovel knight and blaster master but

Doesnt work on Bomberman
Obviously doesnt work on Snipperclips in any config for no understandable reason
Been a while since i played puyo puyo demo not in handheld mode or not with 2 joycons so i'll check that when I get home from work

mostly just residual anger from Zelda i'm still shaking off but it should flat out work in every game and it not working in Bomberman is ridiculous
Yeah. The idea that the Pro Controller doesn't just work for everything in docked mode is the Trojan horse of shitty Switch quirks. It's genuinely baffling, but hasn't really risen up as a big deal.

tsundoku

Yeah. The idea that the Pro Controller doesn't just work for everything in docked mode is the Trojan horse of shitty Switch quirks. It's genuinely baffling, but hasn't really risen up as a big deal.
It does work for puyo puyo and bomberman and blaster master post patch docked

im talkin about tabletop mode. if you want to lay it flat or use the kickstand they literally designed in.

imagine playing split screen mk8 deluxe and its already kind of poverty but you can only play with joycon in sideways mode

kevin1025

Banned

Doesnt work on Bomberman

Thanks! For the price it's absurd it doesn't work on everything no matter the set-up.

Especially for a hundred buckaroos. I would have went out of my way making that thing accessible to every playstyle. I'll be playing docked for 99.9% of my Switch gaming, but for others it is crazy!

tsundoku

I assume it works on shovel knight because i have faith in wayforward but i'm waiting for that sweet japanese eshop 20% off price difference to buy it

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Thanks! For the price it's absurd it doesn't work on everything no matter the set-up.

Especially for a hundred buckaroos. I would have went out of my way making that thing accessible to every playstyle. I'll be playing docked for 99.9% of my Switch gaming, but for others it is crazy!

I hate that it doesnt have a headphone jack. The majority of my gaming is done with headphones on.

Extremely comfortable to use though. The buttons are so big compared to the joycons.

You guys are going Digital or Physical with Mario Kart 8 Deluxe?
I have it pre-ordered on Amazon Prime for the sweet discount, but now I am thinking that having Mario Kart 8 digital is not a bad idea since it is one of those games that I will be playing always for a quick fix.

Physical and I thought by doing so I was saving money, but nope my wife and kids informed me they will ALL need a copy or fights will happen, I'm almost out of random crap to trade in for eb's insane deals lately lol

soultron

Banned
Physical and I thought by doing so I was saving money, but nope my wife and kids informed me they will ALL need a copy or fights will happen, I'm almost out of random crap to trade in for eb's insane deals lately lol
lol damn do you have 4 switch consoles to your household?

Moltenix

Is the screen protector that comes with the official Nintendo Switch carrying case any good? Or am I gonna want a tempered glass one?

Is the screen protector that comes with the official Nintendo Switch carrying case any good? Or am I gonna want a tempered glass one?

My buddy uses it and says the application was annoying but the protector itself is great and I couldn't even tell that he had one on. Very thin and transparent. I went tempered glass because I'm paranoid and application is super easy, but if you're gonna go with one that isn't, I'd say you have the best one.

Skikkiks

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/849973715550879744

C8u2jZkUQAET12J.jpg

675d0830d324d4753761f5b4e780f00b.png

Good luck, friendos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom