• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

killroy87

Kinda like how New 3DS XL consoles also came without adapters. Pretty dumb.

Yup, that's dumb too. For some reason this bugs me even more. Like, it's an incomplete accessory of an incomplete product. They are selling the piecemeal parts as piecemeal parts! It would surprise me if the next step is to make the AC adapter two products; the piece that plugs into the wall, and the USB-C cord.

That's why it's called standalone. There's 2 SKU on it. The standalone and the one that comes with HDMI and power adapter.

That's an incredibly literal definition of the term standalone.

Socreges

Banned
Wow, I got my NES Classic last night. It's still in the box.

I actually texted the IGN article to my gf and her response was, "Nice! Can't wait to play it this weekend!"

...she doesn't get it.

If I'm keeping it I'm definitely getting a Wii Classic Controller so we can actually play together. Are those actually out in the wild anymore?

Now I can sell my sealed NES mini and pay for my Pong Coffee Table!!!

Pong_Header_1489765398.jpg

beta_fuse

Great, here I was thinking if I waited long enough the craze would die down so I can buy one. Now I'm going to have to be on the ball every minute of every day...dammit Nintendo.

Lexxism

Yup, that's dumb too. For some reason this bugs me even more. Like, it's an incomplete accessory of an incomplete product. They are selling the piecemeal parts as piecemeal parts! It would surprise me if the next step is to make the AC adapter two products; the piece that plugs into the wall, and the USB-C cord.

That's an incredibly literal definition of the term standalone.
It is meant to replace your dock. If you want an extra, buy the other SKU. It doesn't seem like it's available yet on their site.

doubtful. they want it out cause people were hacking it and putting all the games on it.

Surely this will close the door on NES piracy, despite the widespread availability of cheap Raspberry Pis and instructions on how to put as many NES games on them as you can cram onto an SD card.

MikeRahl

It was stupid to only limit it to 30 preselected games to begin with.

I wonder what the licensing situation was like for the non-Nintendo games, or did Nintendo's draconian policies back in the day foresee this possibility and they don't need to pay anyone anything!

"Well it's still being sold on the Nintendo Entertainment System so...."

frequency

I hate that it's announced too, making it even harder to get one now. As if it wasn't hard enough already with restocks only ever happening at random times during the day and lasting for like 2 seconds.

I've put in as reasonable an effort as I possibly could without putting my life on hold but was never able to get one. To heck with Nintendo!

Sylwest

Has anyone been able to log on to the BestBuy Rewards site? It's been a couple weeks and I can't seem to get on to use my points. Is it just my account or is everyone having a problem?

I had this issue a few weeks ago. You have to call support to get it fixed. Apparently, I was locked out because someone tried to sign into my account on another computer or from another location.

i-Jest

I don't know how definite this news is, but how many of you guys remember when Nintendo said they'd discontinue the 1st Smash wave after everyone was hunting down the trinity? We still got restocks in the end. Production maynot be priority for now, but I won't put it past Nintendo to revisit Nes Classic, maybe just in time for SNES Classic in the future.

I can live with missing out on it but when I lost 10 seconds from the Geek Squad warranty popup and then you tell me that my Postal Code does not exist and that I did not enter a shipping address instead of telling me that you sold out, that makes me angry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom