• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can live with missing out on it but when I lost 10 seconds from the Geek Squad warranty popup and then you tell me that my Postal Code does not exist and that I did not enter a shipping address instead of telling me that you sold out, that makes me angry.

Don't worry, im sure the Verified by Visa prompt would have found a way to eff you over afterwards, anyway.

Grimsen

Speaking of Nintendo and bestbuy, I had managed to buy a wolf link amiibo on bestbuy.ca earlier this week, and I just noticed that they canceled it without notifying me.

Anything I can do besides asking them wtf is going on?

tiijj

Speaking of Nintendo and bestbuy, I had managed to buy a wolf link amiibo on bestbuy.ca earlier this week, and I just noticed that they canceled it without notifying me.

Anything I can do besides asking them wtf is going on?

I think amazon's the only who gives out a $5 sorry gift card.

Nintendo must love making scalpers rich, they stop production of a system selling out instantly, and can't ever offer more than like 20 of each new amiibo.

eyesradar

So? Did everyone get one?

NES%20mini_zpshadqb0qb.jpg

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2017/04/13/nintendo-discontinues-the-nes-classic-edition

Oh fuck you NOA. I have never seen a single restock of the damn controller since Day 1.

eyesradar

Except for those billions of Animal Crossing amiibos sitting on shelves, of course.

To be fair for $4-5 a pop they are really well-made collectibles. They look really nice in a display cabinet.

I always consider the AC amiibo case karma related since we North America was the only region that didn't get a standalone Isabelle Amiibo at launch. NOA bundled it with the stupid AC board game for $80 originally. Well now you can just spend $20 to get the amiibos and trade back the game for $10 I guess. Welp.

tiijj

Anyone know if the NES controllers are going to be restocked?

Nope, well until the stock runs out, whatever's left for the april shipment.

Nintendo will discontinue the Nintendo Entertainment System: NES Classic Edition and the last shipments will go out to retailers throughout this month. Or if there's even one.

A Nintendo representative provided the following statement to IGN:

”Throughout April, NOA territories will receive the last shipments of Nintendo Entertainment System: NES Classic Edition systems for this year. We encourage anyone interested in obtaining this system to check with retail outlets regarding availability. We understand that it has been difficult for many consumers to find a system, and for that we apologize. We have paid close attention to consumer feedback, and we greatly appreciate the incredible level of consumer interest and support for this product."

Additionally, a representative told IGN, ”NES Classic Edition wasn't intended to be an ongoing, long-term product. However, due to high demand, we did add extra shipments to our original plans." The company has no plans to produce more NES Classic systems for North America. This announcement includes the discontinuation of the NES Classic Controller. As for third party accessories, Nintendo said the decision whether or not to continue production of accessories will be up to each individual manufacturer.

Come to think of it, I have never seen those re-stocked anywhere. I have seen the console go up a few times, but not the controller.

Stopdoor

This was my local BestBuy last time I checked....

A Best Buy I went to had the same number of Lottie amiibos, it's baffling - like, it's a kind of ugly looking weasel character, I can't imagine there's any more than that one selection right there of people in the world who'd really want a statue of her.

Omg lol wow I guess they massively over estimated the animal crossing ones eh?!

I don't get why so many stores have so many orders of Animal Crossing amiibos. It's annoying because of how difficult it was to get the Smash amiibos, and yet you see tons of AC crap that no one (or rather, very few) wanted.

tsundoku

I have Gravity Rush 2 on my Amazon wishlist and I don't understand the small price drops seemingly every couple days over the last week:

https://ca.camelcamelcamel.com/Sony...ada-3001864/product/B01GW9HGGS?context=search

I'm going to wait because I wouldn't be surprised to see this game hit $39 or $49 sooner than most other recent releases, but this has to be frustrating for anyone that pulled the trigger a couple days ago.

If you didnt buy it launch week you can probably save yourself the fourty bucks and just not buy it.

How did you find GR1 because its an incredibly honest sequel with some higher highs and much lower lows

tsundoku

I don't get why so many stores have so many orders of Animal Crossing amiibos. It's annoying because of how difficult it was to get the Smash amiibos, and yet you see tons of AC crap that no one (or rather, very few) wanted.
they correlated new leaf sales and imagined sales of the terrible mario party game to the sales of the smash amiibo compared to the sales of both versions of smash

lots of smash
amiibo instantly selling out forever

lots of new leaf
probably lots of terrible game
gotta overproduce the amiibo

the premise isnt even wrong. ive seen the threads for the people who bought booster packs to randomly pull for ac villagers. there are like four series of cards or something obnoxious

their mistake was thinking kids were dumb enough to want amiibo* festival
and its not even every amiibo

kevin1025

Banned
I have Gravity Rush 2 on my Amazon wishlist and I don't understand the small price drops seemingly every couple days over the last week:

https://ca.camelcamelcamel.com/Sony...ada-3001864/product/B01GW9HGGS?context=search

I'm going to wait because I wouldn't be surprised to see this game hit $39 or $49 sooner than most other recent releases, but this has to be frustrating for anyone that pulled the trigger a couple days ago.

Oh man.

Do I want Prey, or do I want to finally pick up Gravity Rush 2?

(Someone decide for me, haha)

Ventara

Funny thing is I got a Lottie card with with that Animal Crossing: Home Designer game, lol.

Oh man.

Do I want Prey, or do I want to finally pick up Gravity Rush 2?

(Someone decide for me, haha)

Your future self got in touch with me and told me to tell you Gravity Rush 2 was awesome and that you're glad you went with it over Prey.

kevin1025

Banned
Your future self got in touch with me and told me to tell you Gravity Rush 2 was awesome and that you're glad you went with it over Prey.

My future self sure sounds a lot like my present self! As much as I want to turn into a coffee cup and shoot blob monsters, that game will be a real Black Friday winner. Gravity Rush 2 has been side-eyeing me since it came out.

I could use more Kat and Dusty in my life!

Edit: And done. This and Nier: Automata today, today was a good day.

Madness

Nintendo is one of the most poorly run companies it's honestly baffling

It is because fanboys give them an easy out everytime. Look at the Switch sales thread. So many people saying why can't MS or Sony give hardware care like Nintendo, ignoring that Nitendo is coming off of the failed Wii U console and struggling hardware sales for 7 years. The NES Classic, has seen stock issues since day one and still sells out. Rather than continue they will just discontinue. The reason is definitely because they will start NES Emulation VC for the Switch.

and people in the nes classic thread have the fucking nerve to say "duh they discontinued the NES Classic, it's called smart managing of retail space for more Switch units"

Had to stop reading that thread. The excuses are so troubling. We want them to be as succesful but this classic situation is really a downer and many of us have casuals in our social circles we're trying to influence back to core gaming, and we can no longer do so.

My fear is that they stop innovating because the core fanbase just buys up whatever (poor or otherwise) product they release.
Then again, is the U is kind of that already happening.?

Edit: Horizon comes free with PS4 pro in some regions? Smartest bundle ever. Great to see a company quickly reacting to market demand. It looks stunning on a Pro!

It is because fanboys give them an easy out everytime. Look at the Switch sales thread. So many people saying why can't MS or Sony give hardware care like Nintendo, ignoring that Nitendo is coming off of the failed Wii U console and struggling hardware sales for 7 years. The NES Classic, has seen stock issues since day one and still sells out. Rather than continue they will just discontinue. The reason is definitely because they will start NES Emulation VC for the Switch.

I understand the disappointment but I don't really get the whole "they discontinued NES Classic bc Switch VC" theory. For one, Switch users and NES classic users are not likely to overlap. But let's say for argument's sake that they do, you still have to deal with the Classic's preset amount of games versus continual releases of VC games that will never be on the classic. And then there are licensing concerns with regards to not making enough per classic sold vs. the virtual console. To me, that theory doesn't really hold a lot of water.

zroid

Banned
They made a turd Wii U game and thought people would just buy it due to Animal Crossing name..... ROFL...

Oh speaking of the turd wii u game. It's only $14.99 at Best Buy this week

great way to get the Isabelle and Digby amiibo for cheap if you don't care for the packaging

khaaan

Animal Crossing Amiibo's are the only ones I own (plus Wolf Link cause it came with Twilight Princess) and I just ended up using them to take dumb photos. I'm not missing that many at this point so I'd be down to grab the rest if they got discounted.

Here's the last known shot of Isabelle before she went missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom