• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
But which ones? Both?!

Norman-leon-35112912-245-150.gif

Couple questions....

How did you initiate the return?
Email their support and wait to hear back?
Did they send a box to return it in?

Just sent mine in for repairs the other day.

1) Called Nintendo Customer Service
2) After the call, they'll email you shipping instructions
3) No.

Just a quick aside too that they use Purolator for shipping and their website is crap. Nintendo provides you with an Third Party Account # to put in so that you don't pay for the shipping, but there was no field to enter that number online. Ended up just going to a Purolator depot in my city and filling out a waybill with the instructions Nintendo emailed me. Minor inconvenience as it was on my way to work anyway. There's also Purolator services at some Staples locations.

keakster

Just sent mine in for repairs the other day.

1) Called Nintendo Customer Service
2) After the call, they'll email you shipping instructions
3) No.

Just a quick aside too that they use Purolator for shipping and their website is crap. Nintendo provides you with an Third Party Account # to put in so that you don't pay for the shipping, but there was no field to enter that number online. Ended up just going to a Purolator depot in my city and filling out a waybill with the instructions Nintendo emailed me. Minor inconvenience as it was on my way to work anyway. There's also Purolator services at some Staples locations.

Thanks! Haven't run into any really noticeable Joycon issues yet but this is helpful info in case

Couple questions....

How did you initiate the return?
Email their support and wait to hear back?
Did they send a box to return it in?

I just called them on the phone. They asked if I tried eliminating all interference sources and I assured them I did. I also mentioned that my friend brought his joy cons over and those worked fine on my Switch but mine didn't.

They pay for overnight shipping through Purolator. I went to the Purolator place with the info and the person working there gave me a box to pack it in. (Not sure if they always do that or not but she was nice and offered)

Socreges

Banned
Just got my NES Classic. For some reason I thought this came with 2 controllers. So if I want to play multiplayer I need to buy one of the controllers that have been OOS for months? Shitty

Ill assume the Nyko Miniboss controller isnt good?

Fularu

Banned
Just got my NES Classic. For some reason I thought this came with 2 controllers. So if I want to play multiplayer I need to buy one of the controllers that have been OOS for months? Shitty

Wii Classic controller and Classic Controller pro both work

iphys

Or try to buy a second NES Classic to get a second controller, lol. I got the Edge gamepad and the length and turbo are nice, but the D-pad doesn't seem quite as good as Nintendo's. I forget what game I was playing, but I'd duck and come up with my guy facing the opposite direction leaving his back exposed to the enemy. Those Hori Gamecube style controllers that connect to Wiimotes as Classic controllers work with the NES Classic too.

Man, I don't think I've ever seen a NES controller put on sale outside of its initial sale that day they went up for pre-orders.

eyesradar

Man, I haven't even started TLG yet. Will probably be $20 by the time I get to it, lol.

Is Titanfall 2 strictly a multiplayer like the first one?

TF2's single player campaign is great. I played it through and loved it so I plat'ed the game.
If it didn't came out at the same time with BF1, it'll be a much bigger hit imo.

farisr

Gonna hold off on TLG till it's like $10. Already bought it once, got to one point I couldn't get past, even following the walkthroughs, Trico just wouldn't listen, so stopped, sold it during one of the double trade in deals at switch. Friend had a copy as well, decided why the hell not, loaded up my save and Trico listened on the first try, finished the game over there.

Titanfall 2 is really tempting, if I didn't have a backlog, I'd definitely get it.

explodet

Titanfall 2 get.

It's nice to see they're still (slowly) churning out NES Classics. I got mine at launch and I use it to play Mega Man 2 when I need to chill for a bit.

kurahadol

What is the best option for a 2nd controller for the Classic? Seems like the originals never come back in stock. Also, are the Orzly controller cable extensions the best to get?

Iced

Just got my joycon back from Nintendo last night and it works PERFECTLY. Was worth the painful 2 and a half weeks of not being able to play Switch in bed,

2 and a half weeks? Yuck! I thought about sending mine in (I had two joycons that needed the foam fix) but ultimately I found myself a tri-wing screwdriver and performed the operations myself. Already had the foam lying around from a GPU. Thankfully it was a simple install and both are working great now.

I totally feel for those who are without Zelda for so long though!

Whales

Banned
what sites do you guys use to watch prices?

I wann abuy a 1440p gsync monitor, but I dont mind waiting for a deal. Any sites allow you to follow and see history on prices?

Dazzler

Deal?

Watch Dogs 2 Gold Edition is on sale for PS4 and XBO for 50

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/watch-dogs-2-gold-edition-ps4/10440574.aspx?
http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/watch-dogs-2-gold-edition-xbox-one/10440577.aspx?

How are No Man Sky for PS4 and Recore? They're going for 30 and 20 respectively.
I had fun with no man's sky when it came out and thought it would be good at $30, since then they've made a lot of great changes so I'd say it's definitely worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom