• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
They had $39 Uncharted 4s last week. Bizarre store that manages to have great/rare shit sometimes for a good price.

No one here seemed to care about that UC4 price, though.

They're pretty overlooked I notice. I got most of my Switch stuff from there (Isaac, Bomberman, Pro Controller).

Stupid me I didn't get the last carrying case that they had.

PSA

For any of you that have current pre-orders for any books on amazon.ca:

I have an existing pre-order for the Akira 35th Anniversary Edition Boxset and I just noticed that this was at the bottom of the store page:

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/1632364611/

Save 8% each on CA books offered by Amazon.ca when you purchase 1 or more. Here's how (restrictions apply)

I saw that there was no discount retroactively applied to my existing pre-order and I'm not sure if or when they'll add it, so I placed a new pre-order and I had another $12 knocked off my order thanks to the discount. Just a heads up for everyone here!

Big Chungus

Anyone know which are the best videogame/anime artbooks?

I know MGSV: Phantom Pain is pretty good....how are the Dark Souls art books?

PSA

I have an existing pre-order for the Akira 35th Anniversary Edition Boxset and I just noticed that this was at the bottom of the store page:

I saw that there was no discount retroactively applied to my existing pre-order and I'm not sure if or when they'll add it, so I placed a new pre-order and I had another $12 knocked off my order thanks to the discount. Just a heads up for everyone here!

Thanks! Reordered every book I had on preorder like Persona 5 artbook!

Mimosa97

It would assume may 4 since we already passed April 5th

I don't trust Sony. They could have sent me an already expired code for all I know lol

It was the celebrate my PSN anniversary but they are 6 months too late so I don't know what to expect.

I'm thinking about preemptively contacting customer support because I've no way of trying the code without using it if it's actually a valid code. I would rather wait until there's a big sale.

13randO

PSA

Sick! Was gonna preorder Watamote Vol 10 real soon. Thanks for the heads up!

CazTGG

Not sure if this is the place to ask this but i'm looking to get a phone (physical keyboard, unlimited data plan preferred). Which provider and/or phone should I be looking for?

soultron

Banned
PSA

Not seeing this anymore. I had the Akira boxset preordered as well. Maybe it was a limited time offer?

So is that likely the cheapest price the Gold Edition of Watch Dogs 2 is ever going to be? I expect the base game will hit the $20-$30 range. But even at that price, would buying the DLC separate afterwards be cheaper then buying it all at this price?

Fularu

Banned
So is that likely the cheapest price the Gold Edition of Watch Dogs 2 is ever going to be? I expect the base game will hit the $20-$30 range. But even at that price, would buying the DLC separate afterwards be cheaper then buying it all at this price?

The original WD went as low as 9.99$

Returners

I feel like that's the case from best buy. Unless you get a flash sale digital on PSN or XBL.

kevin1025

Banned
The original WD went as low as 9.99$

It was even $4.95 when The Source was selling off as much of their old games as possible!

Watch Dogs 2 is Ubisoft, so it'll be $24.99 in no time. But it's well worth the price, it's a damn good time. I liked it a ton more than the first, even though I liked the first okay.

Not sure if this is the place to ask this but i'm looking to get a phone (physical keyboard, unlimited data plan preferred). Which provider and/or phone should I be looking for?

Look into a blackberry priv or a blackberry keyone, which should be a faster phone.

As far as unlimited data goes, you're pretty much passing into a stream in that regard. Look for 4-6gb plans that aren't a ridiculous amount I guess.

PFD

My amazon switch just shipped with intercom Canada. I'm screwed aren't I?

It's Intelcom

I live in a 2-story building on a very busy corner downtown. The last time I had something delivered by these assholes, they placed the package in a plastic bag and tied it to the door handle of my building, outside!

Literally anyone walking by could have easily grabbed it. Luckily, no one did, but it's still ridiculous.

Lexxism

Where do you live? Only chatr and freedom mobile that has unlimited data in Toronto

1) Is Persona 5 on sale? Where is my best chance to find a deal?

2) If PSN is the better route, when is the next "Spend X receive Y back" promotion?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
1) Is Persona 5 on sale? Where is my best chance to find a deal?

2) If PSN is the better route, when is the next "Spend X receive Y back" promotion?
It just came out so... get Prime and see if you can still get 20% off?
PSN just did the cash back promo a month ago, so it'll probably be a while anyway.

Sapiens

At this point, we're stuck refreshing BestBuy for a shot on the NES classic. Kind of regret selling mine for so little now (300 CDN).

It's Intelcom

I live in a 2-story building on a very busy corner downtown. The last time I had something delivered by these assholes, they placed the package in a plastic bag and tied it to the door handle of my building, outside!

Literally anyone walking by could have easily grabbed it. Luckily, no one did, but it's still ridiculous.
Yeah. Blame autocorrect.

I have to be at work the day of delivery. Hope they don't fuck it up. Was hoping for CP due to the locked mail box, or UPS as they know where to hide my packages.

Lizardus

$300?! And you regret selling it for so little? Wth are these actually going for more than that now?

3hFymim.png

Anyone want to make a quick buck?

lol

Ventara

Anyone in Toronto go to HMV for the last day on Friday? I didn't go, how was stock in it and what was the final discount amount?

Friday was the last day? Damn, meant to pick something up since stuff was so cheap when I went Tuesday, I think. Stuff were like 70% off then. Lots of blurays and DVDs, but most TV sets/anime/newer stuff were gone.

Jinto

I regret not keeping my NES Classic sealed. After setting it up, I never really used it, and I never will, since I picked up an Analogue NT Mini shortly after. People who are willing to pay exorbitant amounts for the Classic should put their money towards an NT Mini instead.

Lizardus

I regret not keeping my NES Classic sealed. After setting it up, I never really used it, and I never will, since I picked up an Analogue NT Mini shortly after. People who are willing to pay exorbitant amounts for the Classic should put their money towards an NT Mini instead.

Its pretty easy to reseal things.

Jinto

Yeah, like every other recent Nintendo console or handheld, it doesn't have any sort of seal. I guess I should have said I sort of regret unboxing it. As somewhat of a collector, I definitely wouldn't sell it though. At least it's a nice display piece.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
At this point, we're stuck refreshing BestBuy for a shot on the NES classic. Kind of regret selling mine for so little now (300 CDN).

I sold mine for 150 literally the day before the discontinuation was announced. ;__;

Looks like the microSD in my phone may be corrupted. Any suggestions on how to fix, or should I be shopping for a new one?

Background: took it out, transferred some files from the computer, suddenly gave some "must format" errors, error persists when put back in phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom