• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I regret not keeping my NES Classic sealed. After setting it up, I never really used it, and I never will, since I picked up an Analogue NT Mini shortly after. People who are willing to pay exorbitant amounts for the Classic should put their money towards an NT Mini instead.

Problem is that people who invest in an NT Mini are probably ones that already have their NES collection. I doubt the casuals that bought the NES Classics, or the people who became nostalgic for it are in the same market.

CazTGG

Look into a blackberry priv or a blackberry keyone, which should be a faster phone.

As far as unlimited data goes, you're pretty much passing into a stream in that regard. Look for 4-6gb plans that aren't a ridiculous amount I guess.

Thanks, i'll see if I can get an unlocked Priv and bring it to one of my local service providers.

Jinto

Problem is that people who invest in an NT Mini are probably ones that already have their NES collection. I doubt the casuals that bought the NES Classics, or the people who became nostalgic for it are in the same market.

Yeah, for sure. Most people don't even know the NT Mini exists. My comment was more geared towards the people willing to spend $300+ for the Classic like the previous poster sold his for. At that price point, they might as well go for the mini.

With the jailbreak firmware adding the ability to add roms and switch cores for other consoles, you don't even need to own any NES carts. Not that I condone that sort of thing.

Looks like the microSD in my phone may be corrupted. Any suggestions on how to fix, or should I be shopping for a new one?

Background: took it out, transferred some files from the computer, suddenly gave some "must format" errors, error persists when put back in phone.

Some are near insta-disposable. Fakes out there too. Consider a card specifically made for high endurance, like dash/adventure cams. They usually cost 30% more than the standard model but come with a 3+ yr warranty.

Whales

Banned
I'm sad now that I didn't buy a NES classic when it was in stock on bestbuy the other day

On the spot I was like ''meh'' and now I feel like I missed out. It would have made a nice gift for my bro

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
I ordered NES from Walmart last week. I was supposed to get it on Wednesday but I wasnt home, so I had to go pick up from Canada Post on thursday but I couldnt because I was going to Vegas on thursday. So I got back yesterday, went to the mall to pick up, and it was closed lmao.

Today I will hopefully be able to pick up my NES Classic.

c-murph

I ordered NES from Walmart last week. I was supposed to get it on Wednesday but I wasnt home, so I had to go pick up from Canada Post on thursday but I couldnt because I was going to Vegas on thursday. So I got back yesterday, went to the mall to pick up, and it was closed lmao.

Today I will hopefully be able to pick up my NES Classic.

It's Easter Monday. Isn't government buildings closed?

c-murph

Fuck me. Then I still dont understand why the mall was closed yesterday.

Yesterday was Easter Sunday, everything was closed except very specific places. It's like you've never heard of holidays before. :lol

...and Friday was Good Friday. Things were open on Saturday though.

Same situation.I have a package that arrived on thursday and they left a slip. My post office down the road never gets our packages until the day after though. So, Friday I would've been able to pick it up normally... but it being Easter weekend I probably won't see it there until Wednesday at the earliest. Mail system for ya.

Moltenix

Looking to get a mid-sized power bank for a trip this summer. Preferably something in the 10k-20k mAH range that is relatively light and compact. Any recommendations?

The Ravpower ones on Amazon seems pretty decent. Can get a 12000 one for 19.99 or a 16750 for 24.99 with the coupon codes they have available. Anyone have those?

jokkir

Alright, going to return my neon controllers today. Wish me luck that Best Buy doesn't give me trouble.

Also, F5-ing Best Buy to get that NES Classic. I need it now lol.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Yesterday was Easter Sunday, everything was closed except very specific places. It's like you've never heard of holidays before. :lol

...and Friday was Good Friday. Things were open on Saturday though.

Same situation.I have a package that arrived on thursday and they left a slip. My post office down the road never gets our packages until the day after though. So, Friday I would've been able to pick it up normally... but it being Easter weekend I probably won't see it there until Wednesday at the earliest. Mail system for ya.

Can tell this is your first Easter. It's kind of a big thing lol

lol I just didnt remember things would be close for 3 days. Friday, Sun and Monday.

No it isn't? That's just the regular 40% off the price. I don't see an additional 40% off and I'm a prime member

Just to make sure, because I'm also confused: the price I see, as a Prime member, is $31.19, which indeed is marked as 40% off regular price. I don't see anything about a Prime-exclusive discount. Do people without Prime also see $31.19?

Just to make sure, because I'm also confused: the price I see, as a Prime member, is $31.19, which indeed is marked as 40% off regular price. I don't see anything about a Prime-exclusive discount. Do people without Prime also see $31.19?

i see 31.19, also i wonder if the 40% is suppose to be on top of it and also be only for amazon student

NYR

$120 for a couple of blocks of plastic and a tiny board. Nintendo is not taking any prisoners this gen, they really are the Apple of the Video Game world, gotta pay that tax.

58ba28f91c25825843bb9af0_Nintendo%20Switch-1425.jpg

Iced

$120 for a couple of blocks of plastic and a tiny board. Nintendo is not taking any prisoners this gen, they really are the Apple of the Video Game world, gotta pay that tax.

58ba28f91c25825843bb9af0_Nintendo%20Switch-1425.jpg

Help us third parties, you're our only hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom