• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

baconcow

So did I, but it's been up on amazon now solidly for the last week. The shortage for now appears to be over until the holidays come. Even the Hori hard protective case which was impossible to get has been up, though I'm somewhat disappointed with it, the case is rather bendy if you push on it.

The Hori Tough Pouch is like the 3DS, PS Vita, and many Hori "hard" or "tough" cases before them. I have the 3DS XL and PS Vita ones and they are even more bendy than the Switch one (which I also have). However, they have protected my systems quite well and are incredibly well built. I always put my systems in a relatively well-protected area of my bag, so it does what it needs to do. I am wondering if there is some variation between build quality, because my case is quite rigid when pushing on the center, but then again, I did not buy this expecting a hard case as that it not what it is marketed as. I see a lot of people here, Reddit, and on Amazon reviews expecting this to be a hard case, which it isn't.

Apart from being slightly bendy in the middle, what exactly do you not like about it?

leeman

I don't get it, Bayonetta 2 was up but it's exclusive and not to Amazon?

Regular Bayonetta is not exclusive to anyone and was up @ Amazon.ca. Bayonetta Player 2 is exclusive, but not to Amazon. No one is sure just yet where Bayonetta P2 will end up, hasn't gone up anywhere in the US either.

Tapejara

Speaking of products with limited stock, there's not many places selling Vita 2000s, are there? The blue one from EB looked nice, but it's OOS in-store and online. Best Buy, Amazon and VGP are OOS as well.

I guess my only hope is to see if it's still in stock at a Shoppers Drug Mart?

Clov

So, pretty sure I messed something up.

I'm moving soon, so I was changing my address on my Amazon orders. Now my FFXII steelbook order says "$0.00". I'm assuming there's no way I'll be able to get a free game from Amazon, so this order is likely going to get canceled by them. Think I could convince a rep to put it back at the $31 after they cancel it? I took a screenshot of it before the price got messed up if that helps.

Quoting again for the new page. Any advice on what I can do here?

Tapejara

I had to find one in a store that was abutting a flea market last weekend, so yeah. Pick a god and pray on that one.

That sucks. Guess SDM might be my best bet for something new.

Quoting again for the new page. Any advice on what I can do here?

Last week Amazon sent out cancellation emails for the FFXII steel book, and gave everyone $5 credit.

Amazon said:
We're unable to fulfill your order for the item(s) listed above because they aren't available from the supplier any longer. As a result, we've cancelled them from your order and your original payment method won't be charged.

Did you never get this email? My guess is that the $0.00 price is related to the whole "not available from the supplier" part of the cancellation. I feel like if you contact Amazon about this now they'll just tell you it's no longer available and cancel your order (it's listed as Currently Unavailable right now).

Your best might be to keep the $0.00 pre-order, and then if the steel book ever comes back check to see if the order gets a new total. If it's not $31 then contact them. If it gets cancelled automatically before that, I doubt you'd have much of a chance of getting it back.

Clov

That sucks. Guess SDM might be my best bet for something new.

Last week Amazon sent out cancellation emails for the FFXII steel book, and gave everyone $5 credit.

Did you never get this email? My guess is that the $0.00 price is related to the whole "not available from the supplier" part of the cancellation. I feel like if you contact Amazon about this now they'll just tell you it's no longer available and cancel your order (it's listed as Currently Unavailable right now).

Your best might be to keep the $0.00 pre-order, and then if the steel book ever comes back check to see if the order gets a new total. If it's not $31 then contact them. If it gets cancelled automatically before that, I doubt you'd have much of a chance of getting it back.

I got an e-mail, but my order was never cancelled and I never got any credit. I guess for now I'll just try to keep the order and see what happens. I have proof of the price it was at, at least.

beta_fuse

A friend who works at Toys R Us told me that they will not be getting anymore shipments of the NES. I figured there would be at least 1 last chance for me to get one but nope.

Nintendo did say there was going to be a few more shipments in North America though right?

I got an e-mail, but my order was never cancelled and I never got any credit. I guess for now I'll just try to keep the order and see what happens. I have proof of the price it was at, at least.

FWIW I also still have an order in despite getting a "we have reduced your quantities to 1 and cancelled all other orders" email. It shows up with the expected price, not $0.00.

If I were you, I'd sit on it too.

jholmes

They mean that the Bayonetta 2 model, which is considered player 1 in smash since its the default choice of skin, was up on amazon, but the Bayonetta 1 model, which is player 2, has not appeared yet for pre-order.

Man, we can't just say the Bayonetta from Bayonetta 2 is the Bayonetta 1 amiibo, that's clearly going to confuse people.

Kyolux

So I don't think I'll want my copy of ffxii steelbook and mine wasn't cancelled. I'm willing to give it at price + trouble (if any) if anyone is interested.

I have this for my PS2....played it like once but didn't have time for it.

If I wanted to play the game now, would it be better to play the 3DS version or just drop it on my living room pc and play it in PCSX2?
Pcsx2 imo.

Kiro

Trying to look at costs of upgrading my phone and somehow accidentally ordered a new one with a much higher monthly fee. If I phone today after work think I can stop this process before it gets out of hand?

Wind Mytab is such a confusing system.

Savitar

The Hori Tough Pouch is like the 3DS, PS Vita, and many Hori "hard" or "tough" cases before them. I have the 3DS XL and PS Vita ones and they are even more bendy than the Switch one (which I also have). However, they have protected my systems quite well and are incredibly well built. I always put my systems in a relatively well-protected area of my bag, so it does what it needs to do. I am wondering if there is some variation between build quality, because my case is quite rigid when pushing on the center, but then again, I did not buy this expecting a hard case as that it not what it is marketed as. I see a lot of people here, Reddit, and on Amazon reviews expecting this to be a hard case, which it isn't.

Apart from being slightly bendy in the middle, what exactly do you not like about it?

It's the bending, I thought it would be pretty rock solid or maybe that was simply too much to want. I want to make sure it is very well protected and while the case does offer some of that it's not quite up to the level I expected or desire for such a piece of electronics.

I have this for my PS2....played it like once but didn't have time for it.

If I wanted to play the game now, would it be better to play the 3DS version or just drop it on my living room pc and play it in PCSX2?

depends, would rather have no random encounters and portability, or better graphics and maybe better music

Kade

Damn, I missed the Amazon Amiibo pre-orders. ;_;

Luckily I was able to get female Corrin but everything else I wanted was sold out.

ViP space

Neo Member
Is this ones of those game that likely wont drop in price much?

Also if I want to break into the DQ games, should I start with 7 or 8?

I played 8 back during the PS2 era and it was amazing. I think i clocked in around 80 hours or so. I'd highly recommend it. I've got this feeling that it won't drop in price all that much.

I have 7 but haven't had time to play it yet. My other personal favourites are DQ 3 (it's on mobile - looks like the 16 bit version and the music/score is great, but lacks enemy battle animations) and DQ 4 and 5 - both of which I have on the DS. If I had to recommend one over the other, it would be 5.

I can't remember if it was for the Oneplus 2 or 3, or if OnePlus ever fixed it, but do a little digging into that cable. It isn't Benson-aproved last I heard, and the official statement at the time was it should only be used with OnePlus products.

(Benson Leung is a Google employee who tested early USB C cables and accessories so people don't have to risk their devices on shoddily made cables. Now it's kinda just a casual term for USB C cables)

I can't find any reviews specifically for the cable that came with my phone, so I rather use it only for that, for now.

Can anyone point out a good/great cable general USB-A-to-C cable that I can use for my future Switch/other devices?

DVCY201

I can't find any reviews specifically for the cable that came with my phone, so I rather use it only for that, for now.

Can anyone point out a good/great cable general USB-A-to-C cable that I can use for my future Switch/other devices?

I actually just bought an Amazon Basics one, don't know if it's good or great. But I can charge my Switch using a powerbank now. Hello Long Travels!

baconcow

It's the bending, I thought it would be pretty rock solid or maybe that was simply too much to want. I want to make sure it is very well protected and while the case does offer some of that it's not quite up to the level I expected or desire for such a piece of electronics.

Fair enough. I have not seen a completely solid case from Hori for many years. I just pulled out my Hori 3DS XL and Vita cases and this Switch one is a good step up in stiffness over those. The RDS cases, available at the Nintendo Store (including Canada, yet only the Zelda blue ones appear available, now) seem to be a lot more rigid (I have one for the NES Classic), but they are much bulkier and I don't care for much of their interior. Since I always put my game cases in another bag, I usually just look for enough protection against what their stored with. Threre is always the Nintendo Switch Pelican case.

Could you link me this spreadsheet?

Benson approved list, curated by Nathan K. Keep in mind that this list is for the Google Nexus, having been tested by a Google Engineer. It is considered the best USB-C to USB-C cable, charger, and USB-A to USB-C cable resource on many sites I've read when researching Switch power banks.

eyesradar

Benson Leung's reviews for USB Type-C stuff (A to C, C to C cables, chargers, powerbanks etc.)on Amazon.

He is a Googler on the Pixel team who is really into type C stuff and making reviews for us peasants.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/profile/amzn1.account.AFLICGQRF6BRJGH2RRD4VGMB47ZA

posted this a few pages back. just FYI.

Personally I'll recommend Anker's Powerline / Powerline+ series. It comes with different lengths as well as different connectors (Type-A / Mini / Type-C). Readily available on Amazon too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom