• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I played 8 back during the PS2 era and it was amazing. I think i clocked in around 80 hours or so. I'd highly recommend it. I've got this feeling that it won't drop in price all that much.

I have 7 but haven't had time to play it yet. My other personal favourites are DQ 3 (it's on mobile - looks like the 16 bit version and the music/score is great, but lacks enemy battle animations) and DQ 4 and 5 - both of which I have on the DS. If I had to recommend one over the other, it would be 5.

8 is by far the superior game and the easier to break into, likely my favorite in the series. Highly recommended.

Thanks guys. I'll pick up DQ8, maybe those DS ones later too.

Thanks guys. I'll pick up DQ8, maybe those DS ones later too.

Don't get your hopes up on getting a copy of DQ6 on DS for a decent price. I'm not sure about other places, but here its crazy expensive. Its really annoying cause its the only game I need to complete my DQ collection on DS.

You should be able to get 4,5 and 9 on DS tho.

Don't get your hopes up on getting a copy of DQ6 on DS for a decent price. I'm not sure about other places, but here its crazy expensive. Its really annoying cause its the only game I need to complete my DQ collection on DS.

You should be able to get 4,5 and 9 on DS tho.

I found 6 on kijiji for 20 dollars. Has it become more difficult to find?

Really? Its expensive as hell on amazon.ca and my local retro store had a ridiculous price but somehow they sold it. Even on amazon.com I think its $80-90ish.

Yeah, I bought it in June 2016 as I had been looking for it for a VERY long time. Though if the game is going for that much, it's likely because the person who sold it to me either wanted it gone ASAP (she responded to my posting about looking for DQ DS games), or didn't see the ebay/amazon price. I do recall seeing another copy at Game-Mania in Keele/Bloor Toronto for 35 a couple of weeks after I bought it.

Anyone know what's going on with Stardew Valley on amazon.ca? It was supposed to come out on Apr 11, then got delayed and now it just says unavailable :/. It looks like it released on Apr 11 on amazon.com.

Grimsen

Got my nes classic in the mail from best buy from the little stock they got the day of the discontinued announcement. Flawless packaging for once, gonna keep it in the box.

My local Microplay started taking pre orders for SNES Mini. 1 per account registered with them
And have to Pre order in person. Accounts are registered with your drivers license so they dont get scalpers. Neat

Krammy

amazon.ca has Dragon Quest 8 3DS for $39.99 (20% off) off.

Thanks for this! Funny story is that I did a commission last month so I could afford purchasing Dragon Quest VII, but then I held off due to laziness. Now that it's on sale, I jumped in and the remaining funds from my commission will go towards my already mispriced Guilty Gear Rev2 order. Feels good to get all these amazing deals!

kevin1025

Banned
My local Microplay started taking pre orders for SNES Mini. 1 per account registered with them
And have to Pre order in person. Accounts are registered with your drivers license so they dont get scalpers. Neat

Haha, pre-orders on rumors! What a world.

(I believe it's real, but before it's announced seems weird, crazy sales or not.)

Any murmurs of a major Switch restock for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe next week? Got a big commission pay coming in and Zelda, DISGAEA 5, Puyo Tetris and MK8D seems like a good starter library for the Switch.

farisr

In case anyone's wondering what's going on with their Crash Trilogy orders on amazon.ca (there's no longer a listing on amazon for the game, but orders are in tact). I've spoken to two different CSRs over the last month, the first one specifically about this, and the second one for Yakuza Kiwami not getting a prime discount, but had them check this out at the end of the chat.

They both indicated that the orders placed will be shipped, amazon currently has no plans to restock after fulfilling the pre-orders, and hence there's no listing. Both actually had a consistent story here, so I'm kind of inclined to believe it.

Also, first one guaranteed I'll be getting 20% off from the 49.99 pricetag, not the initial 54.99 price. Will be following up with a partial refund most likely. (Same goes for yakuza kiwami, if the system doesn't automatically do it, the agent said they'll be following up and doing a partial refund of the appropriate amount)

Enilced2

In case anyone's wondering what's going on with their Crash Trilogy orders on amazon.ca (there's no longer a listing on amazon for the game, but orders are in tact). I've spoken to two different CSRs over the last month, the first one specifically about this, and the second one for Yakuza Kiwami not getting a prime discount, but had them check this out at the end of the chat.

They both indicated that the orders placed will be shipped, amazon currently has no plans to restock after fulfilling the pre-orders, and hence there's no listing. Both actually had a consistent story here, so I'm kind of inclined to believe it.

Also, first one guaranteed I'll be getting 20% off from the 49.99 pricetag, not the initial 54.99 price. Will be following up.

Out of curiosity what did they say about Kiwami not having the prime discount?

farisr

Out of curiosity what did they say about Kiwami not having the prime discount?
Was actually just updating my post as you made yours. LOL.

"Also, first one guaranteed I'll be getting 20% off from the 49.99 pricetag, not the initial 54.99 price. Will be following up with a partial refund most likely. (Same goes for yakuza kiwami, if the system doesn't automatically do it, the agent said they'll be following up and doing a partial refund of the appropriate amount)"

Google

Picked up DQVIII. Thanks GAF. Haven't played this game since 2005 and remember really enjoying it (and it's English voice acting).

Does it have the same VO for the 3DS release?

kevin1025

Banned

Also, first one guaranteed I'll be getting 20% off from the 49.99 pricetag, not the initial 54.99 price. Will be following up with a partial refund most likely. (Same goes for yakuza kiwami, if the system doesn't automatically do it, the agent said they'll be following up and doing a partial refund of the appropriate amount)

The Crash thing is super weird. I had it on my wishlist for the longest time, waiting to get Prime. It would 404 any time I go to the main page, but I ended up adding it to my cart and checking out after it was 404'd through the wishlist page, and with Prime discount and everything.

Yaranaika

h2kMzqg.png
Bravo Purolator. My repaired joycon still hasn't moved since Monday.
Zzzzz.... I haven't played Zelda in 2 weeks now. Ugh.

farisr

The Crash thing is super weird. I had it on my wishlist for the longest time, waiting to get Prime. It would 404 any time I go to the main page, but I ended up adding it to my cart and checking out after it was 404'd through the wishlist page, and with Prime discount and everything.
In any case, best buy at least seems like they'll be stocking it. If some shit happens with amazon and they don't get the game, I'll be sure to get the appropriate amount of credit from them for my future purchases, and just buy it from best buy.

Oneself

That feeling when you order a 20$ PSN card to get free shipping from amazon and get a PACK of 20$ PSN cards the next day.

Oh happy day. :)

Bravo Purolator. My repaired joycon still hasn't moved since Monday.
Zzzzz.... I haven't played Zelda in 2 weeks now. Ugh.

Same thing here. My L Joy-Con actually arrived on Tuesday, but my dock (was bent) and Switch (told them to fix my loose cart slot cover) are still stuck since Monday.

Called Puro this morning. Apparently they have been shipped by ground, even though Nintendo's emails state by air, like the Joy-Con. And the tracking for my dock still doesn't have any infos. They told me to contact Nintendo as it may be possibly sitting at their warehouse (I highly doubt that).

Their system is a mess.

mdubs

Banned
Has anyone else noticed that neogaf is seemingly adding affiliate links via shopstyle collective when you click on amazon links? I've been noticing the redirects lately when clicking on the links from this thread (but not exclusive to the thread)

CKB3375

**New Deal**

Mass Effect: Andromeda is on sale for $49.99 at Best Buy starting tomorrow.

I wasn't going near it at $79.99 but I think I'll bite at $30 off.

So which is the best Nintendo switch case? I see orzly one, hori, official on amazon but it's sold out. Also see a zelda one on the Nintendo store but that's 40 bucks cdn

Edit: nvm. Weird error, it's coming out to 28 bucks cdn with standard shipping

Has anyone else noticed that neogaf is seemingly adding affiliate links via shopstyle collective when you click on amazon links? I've been noticing the redirects lately when clicking on the links from this thread (but not exclusive to the thread)
Has always been the case. It's really how GAF keeps ads to the minimal (as far as I remember from an evildoer thread)

leeman

Looks like it is back in stock @ Amazon.ca now

https://www.amazon.ca/exec/obidos/ASIN/B01N7I0IY9/022748-20/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom