• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the consensus on a good battery pack for Switch?

I got this one for my phone (OnePlus 3) a while back, and already have the USB-C cable that came with the phone for the switch.

Am I good to go when it comes to battery life?

I can't remember if it was for the Oneplus 2 or 3, or if OnePlus ever fixed it, but do a little digging into that cable. It isn't Benson-aproved last I heard, and the official statement at the time was it should only be used with OnePlus products.

(Benson Leung is a Google employee who tested early USB C cables and accessories so people don't have to risk their devices on shoddily made cables. Now it's kinda just a casual term for USB C cables)

darkvir

I only get amiibo's once in awhile, last I grabbed was the Monster Hunter Stories one in Japan.

The Inkling girl amiibo looks too good to pass up lol.

Thx for the link :)

explodet

Thanks very much for the amazon amiibo links, it's appreciated.
I can't NOT get Bayonetta, and I like Female Corrin over Male anyway.

zroid

Banned
damn it's been a while since I pre-ordered a whole crap ton of amiibo all at once like this

i've been more judicious lately about amiibo purchases, but Pikmin, Cloud, Bayonetta, Corrin, and the standalone Squid are all must-haves

I want the Skyward Link too, but I think I can hold off on that one, I've got enough versions of Link already

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Clouds going to be the highest selling amiibo out of them all, isnt it?

Does anyone happen to know if any other Canadian retailer will be selling 'Summon Night 6'? I see that Video Games Plus has pre-orders available, but I'd prefer not to have to deal with them unless absolutely necessary.

i-Jest

Ah, how do you get the other Bayonetta and Cloud?

They're likely a retail exclusive. No news on that though.

Does anyone happen to know if any other Canadian retailer will be selling 'Summon Night 6'? I see that Video Games Plus has pre-orders available, but I'd prefer not to have to deal with them unless absolutely necessary.

I could be wrong but I think the retail release is a VGP exclusive.

Can someone explain to be the concept of Amiibos? I am not judging, I just don't understand the fascination with them. What do they do exactly?

I think most people use them as game room swag because of the good detail and quality (and relative cheap cost). But they are also essentially basic DLC locked in a figure. I scanned 2 of mine and was unimpressed with the "content" added.

leeman

Was gonna order some. But noticed they didn't get a prime discount and BotW ones got one i think.

Prime "should" apply at shipping. If it doesn't, you have to email CS (had to do this with the last Super Mario Bros amiibo line, otherwise they have been good). Bit of a YMMV thing, but they are "supposed" to have the prime discount.

i-Jest

The problem with before was that it became the ONLY talk going on for page after page, that drove people nuts. You couldn't see anything else.

Not that we always got deals going but it was a tad much.

The same can be said about shipping talk. The difference between the two was the number of people that took part. The level of inclusion depended on what people saw themselves participating in more. Shipping talk was aloud because people could relate more to that than news on restocks or absurd stock levels for Nintendo's toys to life brand. It got to the point where Canadian Amiibo talk got its own thread because many thought it was warranted due to of how frequently posts were accumulating, which many believed would lead to a new thread prematurely.

Clov

So, pretty sure I messed something up.

I'm moving soon, so I was changing my address on my Amazon orders. Now my FFXII steelbook order says "$0.00". I'm assuming there's no way I'll be able to get a free game from Amazon, so this order is likely going to get canceled by them. Think I could convince a rep to put it back at the $31 after they cancel it? I took a screenshot of it before the price got messed up if that helps.

lacinius

So did I, but it's been up on amazon now solidly for the last week. The shortage for now appears to be over until the holidays come. Even the Hori hard protective case which was impossible to get has been up, though I'm somewhat disappointed with it, the case is rather bendy if you push on it.

I took a chance on the Orzly case, which arrived today, but I'm not particularly impressed with it either as it seems to be "bendy" as well. It will function as a very basic case, but I'm still on the lookout for something that feels like it was made to carry a ~$500 device.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom