• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ventara

I'm under the impression the prime discount only applies at the time of shipment, provided that you're still subscribed.

Yeah, that's what Amazon says, but two other members here personally verified that they kept their discount even after their trial expired.

This game will be 20$ in no time, I see no reason to hurry up and get it. 1 mediocre game, one good game and one average game for 40$ is too pricey for me

In my opinion, the most interesting thing about Crash is that good old PS1 charm and... well it's gone with the remakes.

NYR

If anyone is in the market for Speakers, Best Buy has the Polk Audio RTIA9 back in stock @$449 each, which is 64% off from the retail of $1125. Awesome speakers, best bang for the buck. These were $399 on the VIP sale last week but they only had 8 in stock and they sold out instantly.

They had 20 this morning but down to 5 now, so the extra $50 isn't scaring people away.

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product...ower-speaker-black-single-rtia9/10090953.aspx

41WgQAMKqqL._SX355_.jpg

Sealtest

Does anyone know who delivers mail from Spain in Canada? I have a tracking number from Correos( Spanish mail ) and it hasn't updated since the 8th from when it left Spain. I'm guessing it's Canada Post but the tracking number doesn't work on there.

Wondering if I should contact the seller or keep waiting.

Brandson

Does anyone know who delivers mail from Spain in Canada? I have a tracking number from Correos( Spanish mail ) and it hasn't updated since the 8th from when it left Spain. I'm guessing it's Canada Post but the tracking number doesn't work on there.

Wondering if I should contact the seller or keep waiting.

Probably Canada Post, but CP would also likely assign their own tracking number to it once they take possession of it, so the number you have likely won't work on Canada Post's website. I assume the Spanish mail web site should still provide tracking updates even when Canada Post has the shipment though. If there is no indication of customs processing on the Spanish website, your package may be on a boat slowly heading this way still.

Fularu

Banned
Probably Canada Post, but CP would also likely assign their own tracking number to it once they take possession of it, so the number you have likely won't work on Canada Post's website. I assume the Spanish mail web site should still provide tracking updates even when Canada Post has the shipment though. If there is no indication of customs processing on the Spanish website, your package may be on a boat slowly heading this way still.
Canada post has stopped giving updates on parcels coming from foreign countries as of 2 years ago unless there's an agreement between both postal offices (like Canada Post and Royal Mail for example)

Sealtest

Canada post has stopped giving updates on parcels coming from foreign countries as of 2 years ago unless there's an agreement between both postal offices (like Canada Post and Royal Mail for example)

So the item could actually be in Canada or stuck at customs and I wouldn't know? Guess I was a fool to pay for the tracked shipping.

Fularu

Banned
So the item could actually be in Canada or stuck at customs and I wouldn't know? Guess I was a fool to pay for the tracked shipping.
Yes

I've had tracked parcels be stuck in limbo for 2 months before beeing released by customs and no idea on what was going on (I've even had one refunded after 10 weeks because all parties were sure the package was lost)

Brandson

I didn't know that. I just made an assumption based on my experiences with Royal Mail, and other shipments from France and Germany. I assumed Spain would be similar. I guess not. Thanks.

Luigi87

Yes

I've had tracked parcels be stuck in limbo for 2 months before beeing released by customs and no idea on what was going on (I've even had one refunded after 10 weeks because all parties were sure the package was lost)

Ditto this.
Ordered a package from Japan in early November that didn't show up until mid-February. Tracking didn't go beyond the JP airport.

Sealtest

Yes

My item is from Ebay so I don't think I can wait that long =/ I'll give it a few more weeks then I'll have to contact the seller. Thanks everyone.

Fularu

Banned
My item is from Ebay so I don't think I can wait that long =/ I'll give it a few more weeks then I'll have to contact the seller. Thanks everyone.

Once the shipping window is passed, open a claim. You'll then have 30 days before it is closed by the system.

If on the verge of the last day the item still hasen't arrived you just escalate it (which will give you about a week before eBay concludes in yoru favor). If during that week the package shows up, just cancel the claim. If it doesn't, well you won't be out of your money.

If it ends up showing way later... well you protected yourself, blame Canadian customs for beeing the shitshow they are (I'm positive sites like AliExpress and asian ebay sellers are going to ban canadian buyers if that shit keeps happening)

SickBoy

FYI, for anyone Prime members with a love-hate relationship with Amazon, at least Kentucky Route Zero is free right now with Twitch Prime (till the 24th).

Wario64 often tweets these, but not always... it seems like it's worth checking Twitch every now and then because often these freebies are only good for a handful of days (I think KRZ will have been free for five or six days overall). I almost never use Twitch or watch streamers, but thanks to Wario and the occasional check-in, I've gotten The Banner Saga 1&2 and a few other items from Twitch Prime.

Sealtest

Once the shipping window is passed, open a claim. You'll then have 30 days before it is closed by the system.

If on the verge of the last day the item still hasen't arrived you just escalate it (which will give you about a week before eBay concludes in yoru favor). If during that week the package shows up, just cancel the claim. If it doesn't, well you won't be out of your money.
Sadly it never had a arrival date just says Varies for items shipped from an international location.

Don't know when exactly my time ends.

Vinc

I freaking adore this new trend of "budget" games coming back. Yakuza looks awesome and will be my entry point into the series (unless 0 goes down in price soon). Yooka-Laylee is a blast so far, Ratchet and Clank was amazing, and Crash is my most anticipated game of the next few months. Keep em coming! I freaking love it.

leeman

Do you have to reorder it for it to take affect or will it happen automatically? Mine still shows it without the discount

It should discount it if you keep your original order when it ships (sometimes they apply it automatically before). If, for some reason, it doesn't, you simply email them and they will reimburse.

Cmerrill

You don't need to be empathetic towards me.
If anyone is in the market for Speakers, Best Buy has the Polk Audio RTIA9 back in stock @$449 each, which is 64% off from the retail of $1125. Awesome speakers, best bang for the buck. These were $399 on the VIP sale last week but they only had 8 in stock and they sold out instantly.

They had 20 this morning but down to 5 now, so the extra $50 isn't scaring people away.

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product...ower-speaker-black-single-rtia9/10090953.aspx

41WgQAMKqqL._SX355_.jpg

Awesome speakers, you need a beast of an amp to run theses properly though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom