• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

eyesradar

Was it really worth it to import a game that's releasing here next month?
I speak Mandarin and Japanese so import is always an option for me. Also it's the first ever FE that comes with Chinese on release so I wanna show my support =)

But as 3DS is a region-locked console there's really no point to just grab one for a soon-to-be released game, so yeah somehow I agree with you.

Sooo.....All praise the region-free Switch O/ I guess?

I'm not gonna bother looking for a Switch until July at the earliest.

This E3 will decide whether or not I wait an additional year for Switch or not.

They announce any 2 of the following or more, and they've got a purchase:

• Metroid Game (Prime Style, Retro or Otherwise)
  • Details on the new Fire Emblem (Hopefully a return to form a la PoR - though I enjoyed Awakening)
  • Persona 5 Switch
  • Price Cut or Cheaper/Better Revision

Lexxism

• Details on the new Fire Emblem (Hopefully a return to form a la PoR - though I enjoyed Awakening)
  • Persona 5 Switch
The price cut or revision is a big no already. Your list might end up as 1/4 or at worst none.

Socreges

Banned

• Persona 5 Switch
And a handjob. Don't forget Nintendo must also give you a handjob. They don't have to use lube, although that'd be optimal.

• Persona 5 Switch
When a new metroid is your most likely option...prepare to be disappointed. But ill tell ya if most big indies land on the Switch to go along with Zelda and Mario, this machine is definitely worth it!

diaspora

• Persona 5 Switch
Not happening.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.

• Persona 5 Switch

New Fire Emblem - They aren't gonna talk about this until the Warriors game is out.
Persona 5 Switch - Too soon for that
Price cut / revision - Not happening this soon after launch, especially when its flying off shelves.
New Metroid?

S9eei.gif

CazTGG

• [*]Metroid Game (Prime Style, Retro or Otherwise)
    [*]Details on the new Fire Emblem (Hopefully a return to form a la PoR - though I enjoyed Awakening)
  • Persona 5 Switch

Persona 5 via the Switch has already been given a "nope!" by ATLUS so you can rule out that as well as a revised version of the Switch until at least 2018. A Metroid game is possible given Nintendo saying they were working on two Metroid titles sometime ago and the new Fire Emblem will likely have a trailer a la Awakening/Fates: Heavy on cutscenes with some scant gameplay thrown in.

• Persona 5 Switch

Why would they announce a price cut/revision at E3...? The Switch is selling so there's no reason to have a cut. Same goes for the revision, which I don't see happening until late 2018 - Early 2019.

Persona 5 via the Switch has already been given a "nope!" by ATLUS so you can rule out that as well as a revised version of the Switch until at least 2018. A Metroid game is possible given Nintendo saying they were working on two Metroid titles sometime ago and the new Fire Emblem will likely have a trailer a la Awakening/Fates: Heavy on cutscenes with some scant gameplay thrown in.

This is generally my thinking on all counts.

Persona 5 really has nowhere else at the moment for its Handheld version, so I feel like that'll make its way to the Switch eventually. Reggie spoke about Metroid fairly recently too (not sure if we're thinking of the same thing, but a link to your source would be appreciated) - as for the new Fire Emblem, they've announced it, so I can definitely see a first trailer or something similar sometime soon.

The Cheaper/Better Revision thing is more of a general hope, since there's the battery life and other issues that can be improved on, however minor.

Didn't Atlus already say no P5 on Switch?

To be clear, that announcement was offhand from John Hardin, former PR Manager for Atlus USA. Throughout the development of P5, it's been pretty telling just how much Atlus USA knows about what Atlus JP is doing.

The Vita isn't strong enough and there isn't any other option right now - when Persona 5 finally comes out on handhelds, it'll be on Switch.*

* Assuming Sony doesn't Moneyhat it to an extreme.

diaspora

Sorry, I legit thought you might have some concrete information. I didn't know you were just expressing an opinion.
It's as true as me saying there isn't going to be a Dragon Age Switch game announced.

So whether or not you think it's my opinion is irrelevant since I'm right- Nintendo isn't making a Metroid adventure game.

It's as true as me saying there isn't going to be a Dragon Age Switch game announced.

So whether or not you think it's my opinion is irrelevant since I'm right-hand Nintendo isn't making a Metroid adventure game.

Good for you - nobody said Adventure, and you can be as sure as you'd like - what actually happens is what matters, and a new Metroid will happen eventually - it's too valuable for Nintendo to completely ignore.

I hold out hope that Metroid will see a rebirth with its next entry - whenever that finally is - like Fire Emblem did when it was on the brink of cancellation pre-Awakening.

diaspora

Good for you - nobody said Adventure, and you can be as sure as you'd like - what actually happens is what matters, and a new Metroid will happen eventually - it's too valuable for Nintendo to completely ignore.

I hold out hope that Metroid will see a rebirth with its next entry, like Fire Emblem did when it was on the brink of cancellation pre-Awakening.
Enjoy Metroid Prime Pinball 2/ Federation Force 2

Seik

Banned
Thanks for the answers, all!

I just subscribed to Prime and did an order of Switch games

-Cave Story +
-Redout
-MK8D
-Puyo Tetris
-Rime
-Mario Odyssey
-ARMS
-Disgaea 5 Complete
-Super Street Fighter II Ultra

Already saved more than what the subscription costs by doing this...so yeah it's legit.I'll see the rest of what they offer soon and check Amazon video later.

Remember back in Fall 2015 when Atlus USA were still saying that Persona 5's western release date was 2015?

My point exactly.

Atlus USA follows whatever Atlus JP does, and the latter doesn't really tell the former very much at all.

My bet is that when Persona 5 inevitably comes to handhelds, it will be on the Switch.

I've been using the Anker PowerCore+ 20100 since launch and it's really good. It can keep the Switch running Breath of the Wild at full brightness running at 100% for hours and charges it pretty fast as well.

I use the regular version of this same battery back (albeit, not on a Switch) and I have no complaints either.

Clov

I'm hoping that Nintendo sends much more Switch stock around the time Mario Kart arrives; I'd like to grab a neon one around June or so.

tsundoku

Any impressions on this Wii U knockoff pro controller?

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01M4G3KZ6/

It looks exactly like the regular pro controller and it has some good reviews so it looks promising.

Any of the knockoffs are supposedly complete garbage with bad battery life bad sticks and bad buttons. I wouldn't necessarily trust amazon reviews especially on knockoff products.

the amiibocanada reddit seems to be tracking a few switches at a time each day, but if i were anyone who wants one before holidays i'd get on that before e3

Trust stores will get systems in for the MK8D launch.

Yes, 30 days of retail flooded channels, if the Wii was any indication around when Mario Kart was released. Same for the DS and 3DS when 2D marios came out. It was the only time you didn't have to "search" for a DS version of your choice.

eyesradar

For $30 you can easily find a decent-condition WiiU pro controller on kijiji as ppl are dumping their WiiU and accessories for the Switch. I recall EB is only offering merely $12 for the WiiU pro controller so I doubt people would actually do the trade-in at EB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom