• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Carrie 40th Anniversary Edition - Scream! Factory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article Here

COLLECTOR’S EDITION
NEW 4K Scan Of The Original Negative
NEW Interviews With Writer Lawrence D. Cohen, Editor Paul Hirsch, Actors Piper Laurie, P.J. Soles, Nancy Allen, Betty Buckley, William Katt, Edie McClurg, Casting Director Harriet B. Helberg And Director Of Photography Mario Tosi
NEW Horror’s Hallowed Grounds – Revisiting The Film’s Original Locations
Acting Carrie – Interviews With Actors Sissy Spacek, Amy Irving, Betty Buckley, Nancy Allen, William Katt, Piper Laurie, Priscilla Pointer and P.J. Soles And Art Director Jack Fisk And Director Brian De Palma
Visualizing Carrie – Interviews With Brian De Palma, Jack Fisk, Lawrence D. Cohen, Paul Hirsch
A Look At “Carrie: The Musical”
Original Theatrical Trailer
Carrie Franchise Trailer Gallery
TV Spots
Radio Spots
Still Gallery – Rare Behind-The-Scenes Photos
Stephen King And The Evolution Of Carrie Text Gallery

DELUXE EDITION ALSO INCLUDES
The collector’s edition Blu-Ray with slipcover
A limited edition 18″ x 24″ poster of the newly-designed art from artist Nat Marsh
A second slipcover — made exclusively for this promotion — featuring newly-designed art from artist Joel Robinson
A limited edition 18″ x 24″ poster of the newly-designed art from artist Joel Robinson
Early shipping to arrive three weeks before the national street date

carriebluray2.png

carriebluray1.png

Blues1990

Boy, both the novel & this film adaptation was a brutal read/watch. The bully going to great lengths to make Carrie's life miserable, Carrie's mentally unstable mother, ...

Both the book & movie are not for the faint of heart.

in the Brian De Palma documentary, 'De Palma', the man himself said he really enjoys all the remakes/sequels to Carrie that have come out since because he loves seeing exactly how they will keep making inferior copies of his work.

For a period of time, every Stephen King movie was good-to-great. The Shining was his first work adapted, Carrie was second, Creepshow, Cujo, and Christine then followed. Heckava of a streak to have going there.

in the Brian De Palma documentary, 'De Palma', the man himself said he really enjoys all the remakes/sequels to Carrie that have come out since because he loves seeing exactly how they will keep making inferior copies of his work.

For a period of time, every Stephen King movie was good-to-great. The Shining was his first work adapted, Carrie was second, Creepshow, Cujo, and Christine then followed. Heckava of a streak to have going there.

The Shawshank Redemption and The Green Mile are two of Stephen King's best adapted films.

Searren

Thanks for posting this here. Scream / Shout Factory Deluxe Editions tend to sell out in a heartbeat. I was able to grab one. Still pissed about the The Return of the Living Dead DE.

Kuroyume

Banned
One of the best movies of all time. A sequel and a remake (I think) and neither appears to have been able to capture what the original did so well. I think I've only bothered with a few seconds of the sequel. Remake looked bad.

Thanks for posting this here. Scream / Shout Factory Deluxe Editions tend to sell out in a heartbeat. I was able to grab one. Still pissed about the The Return of the Living Dead DE.

Yeah I am upset that I missed The Thing DE, I like the DE box art WAY more than the default.

Ridley327

Not one of my immediate favorites, so I won't spring for the deluxe like I did for The Return of the Living Dead and The Thing, but I'll pick it up for sure. I'm really surprised that they have good normal art for a change.

Carrie was the first adapted(1976, and from King's first novel, no less), Salem's Lot was the second(even though it was a TV movie, 1979) and then The Shining was adapted(1980).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom