• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Catherine |OT| Sheep, Matrimony, Terror - Love Is Gone

Psi

cj_iwakura said:
Also, for you Persona fans, (US VA wise) Katherine is Yukari and Catherine is Rise(also P3P's female lead).

Tough call.

As long as Catherine doesn't call me Senpai, all will be well.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Argh, this game is frustrating since I'm really intrigued by the conversational aspect and the Murakami surrealness, and those parts of the demo were great, but I really got tired of pushing blocks fast. The fact that this is most of the game makes me really hesitant.

So to cj iwakura, or anyone else who's played this extensively, how long do you think it will take to 1000/1000 or Platinum? I figure this game will require several playthroughs to complete, so I'm hoping it's not a huge 100+ hour slog or something.

cj_iwakura

iconoclast said:
So to cj iwakura, or anyone else who's played this extensively, how long do you think it will take to 1000/1000 or Platinum? I figure this game will require several playthroughs to complete, so I'm hoping it's not a huge 100+ hour slog or something.

It's no easy feat. You have to complete Rapunzel in its entirety, get a Gold on every stage on Normal and Hard(saving that for the US release here), clear the four optional bonus stages, and see every ending.

Got the PS3 version pre-ordered via Amazon. Can't wait!
cj_iwakura said:
Also, for you Persona fans, (US VA wise) Katherine is Yukari and Catherine is Rise(also P3P's female lead).

Tough call.
Yeah, tons of Persona VA in this game.

Most people know that Vincent is Kanji from P4, but I also think Orlando is Akihiko from P3. At least, he certainly sounded like him in one of the dubbed trailers I saw.

cj_iwakura

TenshiOni said:
Got the PS3 version pre-ordered via Amazon. Can't wait!

Yeah, tons of Persona VA in this game.

Most people know that Vincent is Kanji from P4, but I also think Orlando is Akihiko from P3. At least, he certainly sounded like him in one of the dubbed trailers I saw.

Yep, he's Liam O'Brian. Also, Tobey is Yuri Lowenthal.

The one that took me longest to figure out was Jonathan's.

He's Gabriel Cunningham from Trauma Team.

No one knows who voiced Boss yet.

cj_iwakura said:
It's no easy feat. You have to complete Rapunzel in its entirety, get a Gold on every stage on Normal and Hard(saving that for the US release here), clear the four optional bonus stages, and see every ending.

I look forward to the tears and rage.

JEKKI

this game comes out the week of Evo.

I cant play it, otherwise Im gonna be at Evo thinking about it the whole time >_<

gonna fire this game up first thing once I get back from Vegas!!

RedAssedApe

Banned
mattiewheels said:
Argh, this game is frustrating since I'm really intrigued by the conversational aspect and the Murakami surrealness, and those parts of the demo were great, but I really got tired of pushing blocks fast. The fact that this is most of the game makes me really hesitant.

Exactly how I felt about the demo.

cj_iwakura

Gentleman Jack said:
Who's the go-to guy to re-do what only Norio Wakamoto can do?

My knee jerk guess would be Michael McConnohie, but I don't think it's him. You hear him briefly in the demo. He sounds a lot more gentlemanly.

cj_iwakura

KyteTron said:
That's like dubbing over Sugita Tomkazu. The funny is gone!

Dubs... ;_; why you fail me?

Coming from someone who played the JP version, Orlando sounds amazing in English.

Catherine is also great.

Vincent is totally different in English. He has more of a backbone, whereas JP's sounded more wishy-washy.

The only one I feel is a pale comparison is Jonathan in English. Great VA, but not quite the same.

KyteTron

Banned
Who does Orlando? He's my favorite english-side.

Also, no one ever does a good job at replacing Koyasu. Johnny sounds meh.

cj_iwakura

KyteTron said:
Who does Orlando? He's my favorite english-side.

p3-akihikoa.jpg
weissa.jpg

Can't fail.

cj_iwakura said:

Wow, I have Platinumed some challenging games... but I'm not sure if I'll be capable of this one...

Mupod

Aram Jabbari is awesome, that unboxing video was much more entertaining than I expected. The giantbomb quick look with him is great too.

But yeah I was kinda on the fence about this, demo sold me. The 'text message' game mechanic seems like a little thing but it's fascinating to me.

Mupod said:
Aram Jabbari is awesome, that unboxing video was much more entertaining than I expected. The giantbomb quick look with him is great too.

But yeah I was kinda on the fence about this, demo sold me. The 'text message' game mechanic seems like a little thing but it's fascinating to me.

I loved that texting part in the demo. There are so many different combinations to make your message... I wonder how much of that means anything in the long run, though, or if it's just that every line in the text messages will contribute to one side of your alignment or the other.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
Came here to discuss how AMAZING Wakamoto is, but I've been beaten to the punch.

*hugs jp copy*

Game is awesome btw.

KyteTron

Banned
luka said:
Came here to discuss how AMAZING Wakamoto is, but I've been beaten to the punch.

*hugs jp copy*

Game is awesome btw.

I will import, Shiori and join you.

just as soon as I recover from Rabu is Over
:(

Plasma

Banned
Got my copy preordered, hope it doesn't take too long for it to arrive, its been so long since I've had to import a game.

weeaboo

As an unemployed Eurobro I want to play Catherine but my gaming budget is crying and the import is expensive

:(

luka said:

*hugs jp copy*

Game is awesome btw.

Which character is Lord Wakamoto in the jp game?

Reclaimer said:
Question: Can I change difficulty mid way through the game? I'd like to start on Normal at least, but worry that I might have to drop the difficulty just to stave off frustration. I'd really like to see the story to the end with this one.
I'm not sure if you can change difficulty during the main story, but after you've beaten a level you're given the option of replaying it at any difficulty you want. So I guess you could start the game on easy, clear a level, then challenge it again on hard. I'm not sure if that applies to the last level, however.
KyteTron said:
How suggestive are Catherine's photos? can that awesomeness be fa-- viewed in front of other people?
Very suggestive, and kinda fappable. Not that I'd ever do such a deplorable thing, oh heavens no.

Zafir

I'm still not a fan of Michelle Ruff playing Katherine. Not because she's a bad VA. Just because, I think she does teenagers better. Especially while playing the demo, I just didn't think her voice fitted. I'll probably get used to it over time though.

Other than that though, the rest of the voices seem pretty good from what I've heard.

Has an Asian edition been announced? I am hoping for one to be released with Japanese vocals but English subtitles in the future like Final Fantasy XIII in China. :/

Zafir

People have been stating anything from 12-15hours.
Glorias said:
So there's not a word on a euro release eventually?
Not yet. There will most likely be a release in europe eventually, but don't expect it for a few months. Persona 3 Portable took 9ish months. Persona 4 was better at 3.

For those of you who are getting the PS3 version but prefer Katherine I quickly whipped together a replacement front cover using the alternate 360 art. Hopefully the dimensions should be correct since I used a template, but I don't have a PS3 game on hand to check.

Sacha

Azure Phoenix said:
For those of you who are getting the PS3 version but prefer Katherine I quickly whipped together a replacement front cover using the alternate 360 art. Hopefully the dimensions should be correct since I used a template, but I don't have a PS3 game on hand to check.

Awesome, thank you!

Top Bottom