• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Catherine |OT| Sheep, Matrimony, Terror - Love Is Gone

Zafir

BlazingDarkness said:
Why isn't Persona 3 Portable available on the UK PSN? I can understand not having physical offices in Europe to distribute the games but what's stopping having it release digitally on there? My PSP broke and I really want to buy it for Vita
An employee mentioned this in the comments section of their blog post for announcing Legend of Heroes Trails in the Sky - "Also stay tuned because I'm hoping to have some news about P3P on PSN soon"

Zafir said:
An employee mentioned this in the comments section of their blog post for announcing Legend of Heroes Trails in the Sky - "Also stay tuned because I'm hoping to have some news about P3P on PSN soon"
Oh really? That's great

Don

Have Atlus commented on the audio level issues yet? I'm probably going to wait a few months to see if someone picks this up for a European release, but I'm hoping that Atlus can get a patch out sometime soon.

RomanticHeroX said:
Jeremy Parish at 1up delivers an incredible review. Seriously hyped now.

This review brings up something that really annoys me about games with choices.

Fucking alignment meters. They totally kill the gravity of a choice by reducing it to a scrolling bar. Just let the player make choices and deal with the consequences.

What's weirder is that Atlus got this right with Nocturne.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Played the demo and I am excited. I am also excited for Persona 5. By the looks of this game, the developers are ready.

cj_iwakura

Not so much that, it's more that they redesigned it for more sensitive retailers. I doubt anyone will really get offended by that.

Wessiej

Ahh just got an email from VGP, I already thought that they send out the game, but nooooo. Hope they ship it soon. Also, this:

110720_140137_cat.jpg

One of the best selling pre-order titles ever, oh my.

graywolf323

I really want this game at launch if only to support Atlus but I also can't really justify the expense until next month :-(

AndresON777 said:
I liked the demo but the game is $60. bomba lol

Went to EB and was told the Deluxe Edition was already sold out. I'd usually agree with you about a game like this but I just don't know right now.

Echonov

Neo Member
Reluctant-Hero said:
Original box art or Alternate box art? This is my only dilemma. Going with the '360 version.

If I wasn't getting the Love is Over edition, I would go for the alternate 360 cover. It has a tighter compositon than the default cover and I think rivals the default PS3 cover.

GSR

Man, just when I think my PC has me covered for HD games something like this comes along. It's just so bizarre and unique that I'd love to play it.

C-Jo

overcast said:
This game does LOOK like a bomb though. Even though it looks fantastic.
Bomb compared to what, though? 100k combined would probably be considered a success. That's likely optimistic, but not unheard of for the Persona team.

-Mikey-

Played the demo on the 360 and PS3. I don't know what the official word is but I preferred the PS3 version. The cutscenes weren't as fuzzy it seemed.

Of the 2 puzzles that you can play I spent 20-30mins on the second puzzle. Once I figured it out couldn't believe how easy it was. It's even on easy! I'll probably pick this up next week on PS3 even though I'm an ass man.

D2M15

DAFFY DEUS EGGS
overcast said:
This game does LOOK like a bomb though. Even though it looks fantastic.
It will do fine. Atlus will have taken into account when deciding to localise it that it comes with a built-in audience, namely people who want a game like Catherine. Anyone else who jumps on board is gravy.

overcast

It just looks like the type of game that would not do too hot in the US. Maybe though. Do Atlus games do well generally? How did Persona perform here?

D2M15

DAFFY DEUS EGGS
cj_iwakura said:
I have a feeling this is going to sell like gangbusters. There's no real competition next week, either.
Isn't El Shaddai out on the same day? I had it marked down in my calendar as early Christmas.

(Not that I'm suggesting El Shaddai is competition, more a delicious second course in the Oh Japan! Where Have You Been? banquet.)

ultron87

overcast said:
It just looks like the type of game that would not do too hot in the US. Maybe though. Do Atlus games do well generally? How did Persona perform here?

Atlus doesn't expect it to sell gangbusters. But it should sell enough for them to make a profit.

D2M15 said:
Isn't El Shaddai out on the same day? I had it marked down in my calendar as early Christmas.

(Not that I'm suggesting El Shaddai is competition, more a delicious second course in the Oh Japan! Where Have You Been? banquet.)
Delayed to August 16th. Most likely because of Catherine.

I think I'll take all my losses like I did in the demo. As in, not use the rewind button. Anyone else going to do the same on Normal?

Fimbulvetr said:
This review brings up something that really annoys me about games with choices.

Fucking alignment meters. They totally kill the gravity of a choice by reducing it to a scrolling bar. Just let the player make choices and deal with the consequences.

What's weirder is that Atlus got this right with Nocturne.

? In Nocturne all I remember was making choices and eventually I knew where I was or wasn't....oh.

overcast said:

The main thing to remember is that Atlus doesn't put huge sales expectations on their games. 3D Dot Games Heroes was expected to sell 50k and Demon's Souls was expected to sell 150k. 3DDGH went on to sell 160k and DS went on to sell over 500k.

hitmon

Loved the demo. I'm still trying to decide to get it or not on release day. I got a feeling a price drop may come sooner than later for this game. Then again I'm kind of tempted to get the love is over edition even though I have no interest in its extras. I'm just so confused..

Ken

Ace_235 said:
I had no idea this game had Coop. This is definantly a day one buy for me now.

How does coop work?

I'm guessing it's only present in the puzzle sections of the game?

Top Bottom