• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB 2015 Off-season thread: 12 Gauge backfires on Super Mariota, Mario FPS unlikely

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last years OSU/UM game is on BTN right now, funny watching them asking if JT or Braxton should start next season.

Fake edit:

And JT just broke his ankle in the replay, the legends of Cardale Begins!

This still kills me every time

flagcatch.0.gif

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Isn't GA the largest land state east of the Missippi in terms of land area? I know if you include claimed water areas, Michigan is the largest.

Wisconsin

edit: nvm, Michigan has more land when you include the upper peninsula.

Georgia is probably the 3rd largest east of the Mississippi in land

Georgia is the biggest land state east of the Mississippi. 2.6% water area compared to Wisconsin's and Florida's 17% and Michigan's 41%.

Comes out like, in square miles
Georgia 57K
Michigan 56K
Wisconsin 54K
Florida 54K
Source

You could put about 10 Georgia's inside Alaska.

Stupid to attempt to count a random quantity of large-body water as being part of the state, unless people decide to start building massive Mother Bases out there, creating a new "Jabronies without borders." Outer Ketchup.

andycapps

Georgia is the biggest land state east of the Mississippi. 2.6% water area compared to Wisconsin's and Florida's 17% and Michigan's 41%.

Georgia 57K
Michigan 56K
Wisconsin 54K
Florida 54K
Source

Stupid to attempt to count a random quantity of large-body water as being part of the state, unless people decide to start building massive Mother Bases out there, creating a new "Jabronies without borders." Outer Ketchup.
Why the hell would anyone count the massive lakes bordering their state as being part of the state itself as far as land mass?

So apparently, Tommy Tuberville has a brother and that brother unfortunately tried to make a song. This should make up for me not posting Lawyer Mike's video.

http://youtu.be/x86WhDAc77k

Kacar

Late on this shit but oh well.
-ACC
Coastal - G. Tech
Atlantic - Clemson

-B1G
East - Ohio State
West - Wisconsin

-Big 12 TCU

-PAC 12
North - Oregon
South - UCLA

-SEC
East - Tennessee
West - Bama

-AAC
East - UCF
West - Memphis

Playoff Semi
1 Ohio State
2 TCU
3 Clemson
4 UCLA
Finals
1 Ohio State
2 Clemson
Champion
Ohio State

Also I'm only 23, are there people younger than me? Don't think I saw any from those who posted.

Somehow still more viable than a giant wall.

Heyyy, someone call Trump!

Just found out that a guy I knew in HS (he was our star RB) has a kid who is now a 5* prospect (fuck im old)...and he's leaning UGA!

Mecole Hardman Jr

UGA, and a bunch of filth, and service to the dark lord himself. God bless the dawgs.

Also I'm only 23, are there people younger than me? Don't think I saw any from those who posted.

You know how this thread really dies out around 5PM Eastern every day? We're all out getting our salisbury steak and jell-o from the local Piccadilly/K&W. Then it's bedtime.

Nope, you win!

bYjwn.gif

-ACC
Coastal - Georgia Tech
Atlantic - Florida State

-B1G
East - Ohio State
West - Wisconsin

-Big 12 TCU

-PAC 12
North - Oregon
South - Arizona State

-SEC
East - Missouri
West - Alabama

-AAC
East - UCF
West - Houston

Playoff Semi
1 Ohio State
2 Alabama
3 TCU
4 Arizona State

Finals
1 Ohio State
3 TCU

Champion
Ohio State

Cant wait for another year of CFB!!!!

-ACC
Coastal - Georgia Tech
Atlantic - Clemson

-B1G
East - Ohio State
West - Wisconsin

-Big 12 TCU

-PAC 12
North - Oregon
South - USC

-SEC
East - Georgia
West - Auburn

-AAC
East - UCF
West - Houston

Playoff Semi
1 Ohio State
2 Georgia
3 TCU
4 USC

Finals
1 Ohio State
3 TCU

Champion
Ohio State

Georgia 57K
Michigan 56K
Wisconsin 54K
Florida 54K
Source

came in to see what has been going on with the CFB mates, and realise you are comparing the land size of states!

I dont like geography, so Ill come back and see you guys on Sept 1. haha

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
came in to see what has been going on with the CFB mates, and realise you are comparing the land size of states!

I dont like geography, so Ill come back and see you guys on Sept 1. haha
We were also talking condiments...

Limedust

Tamanon said:
Let's go hit the Early Bird at Golden Corral.

Fragamemnon said:
You know how this thread really dies out around 5PM Eastern every day? We're all out getting our salisbury steak and jell-o from the local Piccadilly/K&W. Then it's bedtime.

I'll see you guys at Perkins for lunch at 10:45am.

We were also talking condiments...

Well that I would've like to have participated on. You all like Vegemite right?

And I just checked, my state, South Australia, is about 380k square miles.

You could fit Georgia, Michigan, Florida and Wisconsin all in, with plenty of room to spare.

The population of South Australia is about 1,500,000 people.

andycapps

Well that I would've like to have participated on. You all like Vegemite right?

And I just checked, my state, South Australia, is about 380k square miles.

You could fit Georgia, Michigan, Florida and Wisconsin all in, with plenty of room to spare.

The population of South Australia is about 1,500,000 people.

Never had it, and don't intend to.

Australia is huge.

Never had it, and don't intend to.

Australia is huge.

Vegemite on toast is God-tier for toast spread. You have to spread it very lightly but it is the best.

But that is all it is good for, so not really a condiment, but if you get the chance, you need to try it.

It's like marmite but not sweet at all, just salty.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I tried the tiniest amount of Vegemite possible the other day. The worst of flavors.

It was like licking a beef bouillon cube. So much salt.

I tried the tiniest amount of Vegemite possible the other day. The worst of flavors.

It was like licking a beef bouillon cube. So much salt.

I got some Vegemite in a GAF Candy Swap a couple of years ago.

Wasn't bad, quite honestly.

They released chocolate Vegemite a few month back. I was looking at the package in the supermarket and some stranger who was walking by leaned over my shoulder and said "don't buy it, it's bloody disgusting!"

I never did try it, but from all reports it was bad

CadburyVegemite.jpg

Guys, Frank's got some unexpected dialysis again, can anyone cover for him at the bridge club at 1:30 today?

My favorite Aussie food quirk is the beetroot and egg on a burger. It's actually fabulous.

andycapps

It seems like every team has an aussie punter.

Read about a highschool in Arkansas that is trying to integrate some rugby plays with laterals and such. Could be an interesting thing to keep an eye out for since oftentimes things get experimented on in highschool and gradually make their way to college and then pros.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Read about a highschool in Arkansas that is trying to integrate some rugby plays with laterals and such. Could be an interesting thing to keep an eye out for since oftentimes things get experimented on in highschool and gradually make their way to college and then pros.
It's the same coach that never punts.

ag-my001

It's the same coach that never punts.
And almost always onside kicks. I don't think they've won a state title, but they've reached the title game a couple times. There was an article on SBnation about it; he's succeeding with very little talent.

Love to see him in college as a coordinator or something. There's already a good trend of going for it on 4th down across midfield. Keep it going.

andycapps

Pro Football Focus did a comparison between Nick Chubb and Ezekiel Elliott and the results were extremely close. In their rating scales, Chubb ended up getting an 89.0 rating and Elliott got 88.9. Elliott works out to be a slightly better runner, and Chubb has better receiving stats. Seems about like what I'd thought. They're so close to each other in ability it would be hard to pick between the two. I'm sure both teams are happy with who they have, and opposing defensive coordinators are not.

No matter where he gets the ball, Chubb is the most difficult running back to tackle in college football. His 108.5 elusive rating was tops among FBS running backs, and he pairs it with impressive breakaway ability that saw him pick up 52.1 percent of his yards on runs of 15 or more yards, fourth-most in the nation.

If you’re looking for pure running, Elliott is your guy, particularly after his impressive performance during the College Football Postseason. But no running back in the country is as versatile as Chubb with his ability to shed tacklers and also make an impact in the passing game. We’ll see if one of these guys gains a little more separation on the other in 2015.

Pro Football Focus did a comparison between Nick Chubb and Ezekiel Elliott and the results were extremely close. In their rating scales, Chubb ended up getting an 89.0 rating and Elliott got 88.9. Elliott works out to be a slightly better runner, and Chubb has better receiving stats. Seems about like what I'd thought. They're so close to each other in ability it would be hard to pick between the two. I'm sure both teams are happy with who they have, and opposing defensive coordinators are not.

Zeke also played all last season with a bad right wrist. He said that a stiff arm was his number 1 move in high school so he's excited to be able to get it back this season.

andycapps

Zeke also played all last season with a bad right wrist. He said that a stiff arm was his number 1 move in high school so he's excited to be able to get it back this season.

Good point. Chubb's numbers were also put up while only starting 8 games, so that also bears mentioning. I'm excited to watch both of them this year when they're both fully healthy.

cdyhybrid said:
This guy was on Real Sports after Hard Knocks on Tuesday.

http://grantland.com/features/grantl...h-never-punts/

Somewhat surprised more people haven't been integrating his philosophy of never punting, but the college game is so averse to risk that I'm assuming that's most of the answer (as the article alludes to). Pros are even more averse to risk.

Rutgers is winning the national championship.

Book it.

We got BIG Leonte Carroo & B1G DARIUS HAMILTON.

You already lost. Admit defeat. Rutgers is your overlord. Our quarterback is going to be amazing. It's a competition between two players who are playing at level 10 out of 10.

That's super high, yo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom