• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB 2015 Off-season thread: 12 Gauge backfires on Super Mariota, Mario FPS unlikely

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jhriad

Riley also announced that freshman receiver Lavan Alston, a 6-foot, 175-pound speedster, will miss the entire 2015 season with a knee injury.

We won't have receivers left at the rate they've been dropping since the beginning of fall camp. Guess I'll get the Whisky ready for the start of the season.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
We won't have receivers left at the rate they've been dropping since the beginning of fall camp. Guess I'll get the Whisky ready for the start of the season.

Have any spare quality RB's? If so, we can trade you a transfer WR from OSUw.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
SECSECSECSECSEC

CMtdD40WoAE6XYB.png

LOL 5 of the top 10

11 of the top 25

Stay winning SEC

cdyhybrid

Everyone is going SECSECSEC, I just want to know what the heck is going on at Wazzou? I get that there probably isn't much to do in Pullman, but still...

Just shady police departments targeting student-athletes. What are we coming to in this country when we can't be a minor, passed out in our car in front of a police station, with a bag of vomit between our legs?

On a serious note, I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of those are weed-related arrests. From what I hear, the PDs over on that side of the state generally have nothing else to do, so they cracked down on weed smokers before legalization. Seattle PD always had bigger things to worry about, and hadn't been going after weed smokers except for in absolutely flagrant cases.

Draxal

That chart needs some context. What happened to the kids after they were arrested?

Did they stay at their original SEC school, or did they just transfer to Auburn?

I'm trying to figure out what happened to Vandy, as they should be on that list just due to that one incident.

Regarding Wazzu, it is probably alcohol and related public nuisance/disobedience charges. Eastern Washington has more in common culturally with south Alabama/Florida panhandle than the Puget sound.

andycapps

Regarding Wazzu, it is probably alcohol and related public nuisance/disobedience charges. Eastern Washington has more in common culturally with south Alabama/Florida panhandle than the Puget sound.

I'd say most of the arrests for each of these schools are for alcohol, marijuana, and public nuisance charges.

I'd say most of the arrests for each of these schools are for alcohol, marijuana, and public nuisance charges.

I did a quick perusal and it seems like the number one thing is being underage in bars. So it's not like FSU's recent problems there are an outlier in that respect.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
nah, if this were the Fire Emblem community thread it would take over a week to go through a page
That is typically us in the offseason as well. It's just condiment talk that got us fired up for a few days.

Edit: condiments and the OSU fans' persecution complexes.

Ganhyun

waiting to see where he lived and what you 2 consider south georgia. Growing up, I've seen all sorts of imaginary boundaries. Always assumed the line of Columbus/Macon/Savannah was the border, and everything south was "south", until I met some Atlanta people, and to them, it's everything south of the ATL airport.

Lol, yeah, that's the topic I remember. I was way more of a shit back then. Think my Michigan hate was spawned from the most recent bowl game at the time (losing to Timmy Brady because of the kicker)

Update: Since I mentioned my brother in law back then, being a Penn State fan, he quit following them once Sandusky happened, and officially became just an Alabama fan (having married an Alabama fan)

It used to be that North GA was the southern Atlanta Metro area up (still seems to be for most). Middle GA was anything south of that down to Columbus, Macon, and Augusta, with the rest being South GA/Coastal GA

Seems that Middle GA has grown to include the Dublin GA area a bit too and the southern part has split into southwest GA and southeast GA.

Lonestar

That is typically us in the offseason as well. It's just condiment talk that got us fired up for a few days.

Edit: condiments and the OSU fans' persecution complexes.

I've become fond of the phrase Perceived Slights from GiantBomb, so that's what I think we should use.

Vanillalite

It used to be that North GA was the southern Atlanta Metro area up (still seems to be for most). Middle GA was anything south of that down to Columbus, Macon, and Augusta, with the rest being South GA/Coastal GA

Seems that Middle GA has grown to include the Dublin GA area a bit too and the southern part has split into southwest GA and southeast GA.

Yep. I cosign this definition.

Lonestar

It's mostly because no one wants to be part of South Georgia. It's nothing but Valdosta Football, Swamps and Hurricane Opal flood damage.

Draxal

It's mostly because no one wants to be part of South Georgia. It's nothing but Valdosta Football, Swamps and Hurricane Opal flood damage.

The civil war between North Jersey and South Jersey is intense.
North Jerseyans = wannabe Nyers and ex Nyers;
South Jersey = Alabama's 7 extra counties.

Draxal

We need a minimum 8 team playoff. Hopefully one day we'll get it

6 is what I want (I want four ... but I also want the current big 12 to die with all current teams in the big 12 having soft landings in either the Big Ten/Sec/or Pac).

6 would have given us Alabama, Ohio State, TCU, Baylor, Florida State, and Oregon and you couldn't dispute any of those six.

Everyone is going SECSECSEC, I just want to know what the heck is going on at Wazzou? I get that there probably isn't much to do in Pullman, but still...

I went to a summer camp thing at Wazzu the summer before 9th grade. The tour the current students gave us was mostly about places people got drunk and fell off a balcony or places people committed suicide.

I made sure to do well in school after that so I didn't have to go back to Pullman.

6 is what I want (I want four ... but I also want the current big 12 to die with all current teams in the big 12 having soft landings in either the Big Ten/Sec/or Pac).

6 would have given us Alabama, Ohio State, TCU, Baylor, Florida State, and Oregon and you couldn't dispute any of those six.

I don't think Baylor and Iowa State would have a soft landing anywhere. If there was a Big 12 fire sale, would any P4 conference open their arms when Baylor or Iowa State went up for bids?

Draxal

It's funny how such a small state is so different from one area to another.

It's due to Philadelphia's little bro complex and New York's arrogance, the old northeastern cities have a ton of personality, that completely dominate their metro areas (see Patriots whining about Brady in the Brady thread for example). Connecticut is just the same as Jersey but replace Philadelphia with Boston.

I don't think Baylor and Iowa State would have a soft landing anywhere. If there was a Big 12 fire sale, would any P4 conference open their arms when Baylor or Iowa State went up for bids?

The state governments will get involved (.ie wasn't Baylor in the Big 12 due to political interference).

KingGondo

Banned
Baylor *might* get picked up by someone because of their newfound success in football, but there are still no clear fits for them. Pac-12 wouldn't take them, doubt the SEC or B1G would either. Maybe the ACC if they get desperate?

Iowa State would have to join the MAC or something.

(I want an 8-team playoff, but I could live with 6.)

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Virginia (due to the governor) got Vtech back in the first of the ACC raids of the Big East. Otherwise, Syracuse would have been in over Vtech.
What leverage does Iowa have over the B1G? Threatening to leave? Delaney would respond with an email containing nothing but a link to one of those "bye bitch" gifs.

Eastern Washington > Eastern Oregon >>> Mississippi

I grew up in Mississippi. The poverty is unreal-sure there are some decent paying white collar jobs and associated suburban living,but once you out of those confines HOLY COW.

Draxal

What leverage does Iowa have over the B1G? Threatening to leave? Delaney would respond with an email containing nothing but a link to one of those "bye bitch" gifs.

Pretty much they want to avoid all political ramifications if possible. I mean I've defended the current football system right now, but Gondo is right ... it's incredibly fragile and if some politicians want an easy target, the conferences have a gigantic bullseye on them.

Vanillalite

Eh GA for the Eastern part of the US is a large state so it makes sense that there might be more than just 2 regions IMO.

Ganhyun

Eh GA for the Eastern part of the US is a large state so it makes sense that there might be more than just 2 regions IMO.

Isn't GA the largest land state east of the Missippi in terms of land area? I know if you include claimed water areas, Michigan is the largest.

Isn't GA the largest land state east of the Missippi in terms of land area? I know if you include claimed water areas, Michigan is the largest.

Wisconsin

edit: nvm, Michigan has more land when you include the upper peninsula.

Georgia is probably the 3rd largest east of the Mississippi in land

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom