• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB 2015 Off-season thread: 12 Gauge backfires on Super Mariota, Mario FPS unlikely

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdyhybrid

RvY0mHP.png

All beef frank, lightly toasted bun, spicy mustard, wolf brand chili no beans, chopped onions, pickled relish, 4 blend Mexican cheese on top.

That's my dog

I agree with all of this. One of my favorite ways to have a hotdog is with coleslaw on top

Yep, coleslaw is a perfect way to enjoy hot dogs.

Really though I'd like to step back and ask why we are eating hot dogs in the first place. You make them for the kids to eat. The adults should have grown up real sausages to enjoy.

Yes I'm a bit of a food snob, but it's not like getting quality sausages for the grill is hard these days.

edit: I'm 37. Half my life is spent behaving at that age, the other half acting like I'm 17.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
I just assumed most of us were in our late 30s. Is that incorrect?
Mid 30s, bitch. Don't age me up that fast.
edit: I'm 37. Half my life is spent behaving at that age, the other half acting like I'm 17.
So you spent the first 18.5 years of your life acting 17, and the last 18.5 years acting 37? Either way, it seems like with that 1.5 year period after you turned 17, you've been very mature for your age.

Mid 30s, bitch. Don't age me up that fast.

So you spent the first 18.5 years of your life acting 17, and the last 18.5 years acting 37? Either way, it seems like with that 1.5 year period after you turned 17, you've been very mature for your age.

Well I'm 36 but I don't pretend I'm mid 30s. I realized that once I dropped out of everyone's target demographic (18-35), I was no longer mid anything.

Half my current life I live! I should have just said 37, turning 38 next month.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
yeah, my user number of 88 might be a sign I've been here too long. Still have a few months left to be 35, but that fear of impending 40 hit about a year ago.

Think I was about 20 when I signed onto Gaming Age...

Yeah, a few years earlier, and my assholeness would have gotten me gone quick, though you could get away with so much more back then.

Not sure who all was in the original CFB-GAF, not that it really existed beyond some random post in the middle of a nothing-topic. Think I remember Frag, Eli/Limedust, the other Lonestar (Incognito).

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
You actually got on air? I've never bothered to call in because I figured the wait time to get on was going to be ridiculous. Always listen to the show though even when it goes hours into the night after one of the big losses.

oh i was on air, I was on air

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
I grew up watching college football in the South from the late 80s onward. The main issue I saw with the southern schools (including FSU/Miami here ) was that by 1990/1991 or so they had changed the sport in some very substantial ways (speed, agility, explosiveness vs. brute power and force) and a lot of the teams in the North were super slow to adapt to that change, and insulated from it since they didn't play vs. teams in the South. Note that this started with Miami and FSU, diffused to UF and the rest of the successful half of the SEC in the early 1990s.

Then you'd watch ESPN and read the college football articles and it felt like you were reading BIG 10 AWESOME over and over again when in your mind they were also-rans in a conference of teams that were not on the same level as your best teams. Put their best up against the South's best, and you'd expect the South team to come away winners 70%+ of the time. Yet still, in all the college media BIG 10 BIG 10 BIG 10, shitheads like Beano Cook on ESPN fellating whatever loser garbage Penn St. and Notre Dame was fielding that year, etc.

Now of course the Southerners weren't entirely correct, if they were Oklahoma's and especially Nebraska's performance in the 1990s would not have happened. But it is what people who really loved college football in the South kind of believed at the time.

Anyway, some perspective. Also keep in mind that white southeners as a whole have very different cultural values than Northerners. The football related discord ramping up at the same time as the arise of Morton Downey and Rush Limbaugh is also not mere coincidence.

I lived in South Georgia during Nebraska's runs. People there couldn't comprehend it. Eye-opening for most.

To note, for years prior FSU, Miami et al had made us their bitch in the Orange Bowl, so when we finally turned the tables it was a big moment.

andycapps

I lived in South Georgia during Nebraska's runs. People there couldn't comprehend it. Eye-opening for most.

To note, for years prior FSU, Miami et al had made us their bitch in the Orange Bowl, so when we finally turned the tables it was a big moment.

Where in South Georgia? That must have been interesting.

Limedust

Looks like the three oldest farts (by age) in CFBGAF are:

Limedust (May '77)
Tamanon (June '77)
Randolph Freelander (August '77 - Happy Birthday)

Lonestar, Frag, and I had college football conversations at least as far back as 2000 on GAF. My username back then was Eli. Before the 1999 version launched, there were some wretched tree-branch versions that didn't even have password-protected usernames... so it was impossible to know who was who.

Here you go, Bert. We thought the Big 10 was poop 15 years ago:
http://www.goodcowfilms.com/farm/basement/ga-archive/i_am_bored_lets_talk-09-02-2000.htm

Jhriad

My morning Husker sports radio show alluded to a big injury in practice to an important Husker but didn't disclose who it was. Now I'm tearing my hair out searching forums for any rumors. God I hate injuries.

Draxal

My morning Husker sports radio show alluded to a big injury to an important Husker in practice but didn't disclose who it was. Now I'm tearing my hair out searching forums for any rumors. God I hate injuries.

Just be glad that you don't have an NFL team, my poor Giants.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Where in South Georgia? That must have been interesting.

waiting to see where he lived and what you 2 consider south georgia. Growing up, I've seen all sorts of imaginary boundaries. Always assumed the line of Columbus/Macon/Savannah was the border, and everything south was "south", until I met some Atlanta people, and to them, it's everything south of the ATL airport.

Lol, yeah, that's the topic I remember. I was way more of a shit back then. Think my Michigan hate was spawned from the most recent bowl game at the time (losing to Timmy Brady because of the kicker)

Update: Since I mentioned my brother in law back then, being a Penn State fan, he quit following them once Sandusky happened, and officially became just an Alabama fan (having married an Alabama fan)

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Update: Since I mentioned my brother in law back then, being a Penn State fan, he quit following them once Sandusky happened, and officially became just an Alabama fan (having married an Alabama fan)
Praise be to Saban!

Jhriad

Just be glad that you don't have an NFL team, my poor Giants.

If I had another team that stressed me out as much as the Huskers do I'd be dead by now. Thankfully, so far torn ligaments are the worst injury I've gotten while cheering for the Huskers from my couch.

haha that link is so great limedust:

Haha! Penn State's losing again, six quarters played, no TD's, the only thing better than watching that constantly overrated team lose is that other constantly overrated team, Notre Dame.

Still 100% true.

Also, I'm hating on the zoobs over a decade before I would have reason to. Awesome.

Limedust

haha that link is so great limedust:

Still 100% true.

Also, I'm hating on the zoobs over a decade before I would have reason to. Awesome.

Yeah, lucky that goodcow archived some of that old stuff.

We started that season ranked #3... and stumbled to a 3-8 record. What a horror show.

Randolph Freelander said:
What the
Where

My birthday is supposed to be a well guarded secret. Who here is NSA? Show yourselves.

You're your own worst enemy.

andycapps

waiting to see where he lived and what you 2 consider south georgia. Growing up, I've seen all sorts of imaginary boundaries. Always assumed the line of Columbus/Macon/Savannah was the border, and everything south was "south", until I met some Atlanta people, and to them, it's everything south of the ATL airport.

Lol, yeah, that's the topic I remember. I was way more of a shit back then. Think my Michigan hate was spawned from the most recent bowl game at the time (losing to Timmy Brady because of the kicker)

To me south Georgia starts at Macon, aka the "gnat line." The esteemed Lewis Grizzard wrote about gnats:

A South Georgia Hazard:

GNATS: Gnats, tiny bugs, are the cause of a number of deaths in South Georgia each year. Some of these deaths have been attributed to swallowing a large number of gnats while talking or eating. Some also think the reason a lot of South Georgians disappear and are never heard from again is they are carried off by giant swarms of gnats and drowned in the Okefenokee Swamp." ~"Life Span in Georgia"

Some updates, looks like the county that St Simons is located in are going to get a little more serious this year on "frat beach." Basically, they're going to have a lot more cops out checking IDs and making sure everyone is of age :)jnc).

Also, thanks to an election year, Jeb Bush will be attending the UGA/USCe game.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook

I'm fine with that. I always considered where I live more Middle GA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom