• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB 2015 Off-season thread: 12 Gauge backfires on Super Mariota, Mario FPS unlikely

Status
Not open for further replies.

diehard

Fleer
BYU covers up football rapes all the time sadly.

Do you have any proof of this? in '04 there 4 charged with rape and all players were kicked off the team, it was a jury who acquitted them on a stupid "they were punished enough" excuse. That year basically got Gary Crowton fired.

BYU has been extra clean ever since Mendenhall took over 10 years ago, as Crowton was seen as too lax and didn't let players truly know what was expected of them with the honor code.

Holy shit I have been neglectful of all things college football since January.

-ACC: Clemson
Coastal: Ga Tech
Atlantic: Clemson

-B1G: Ohio St.
East: Ohio St.
West: Wisconsin

-Big 12: TCU

-PAC 12: USC
North: Oregon
South: USC

-SEC: Alabama
East: Georgia
West: Alabama

-AAC: Cincinnati
East: Cincinnati
West: Houston

Playoff Semi
1. Ohio St
2. TCU
3. Alabama
4. USC
Finals
1. Ohio St
2. Alabama
Champion: Ohio St.

andycapps

Somehow I think Briles still skates on this one. Should he be gone, yeah, but Baylor had no success before him. They're desperate to keep that. If he goes, everyone in the AD will go too.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
On a side note I could see a very real way the ACC gets left out this year from the final 4.

GT and Clemson both play ND. Plus FSU, Clemson, and GT all play each other. This is on top of all 3 playing their in state SEC rival at the end of the year. Then depending upon how GT does you could see a GT rematch against Clemson or FSU in the ACC champ game.

Plus even if VT shocks people they gonna start behind the 8 ball with the Ohio St loss opening weekend.

2 Loss ACC team probably doesn't get in.

Off topic but its the off seasons so..

My AC in my car has been smelling like something fierce for about a week now, i was googling about it and it sounded like water wasnt draining right out of the car and would cause a bad smell. Finally had time today to look into it, first place I looked was the cabin air filter behind the glove box. Pop the glovebox down instant terrible smell, im like ok sweet its here, pop off the protector and see a bunch of my dogs hair on the filter. Im thinking ok cool just get all this off here but odd that it would smell that bad, pull the filter out and what do i find. 4 little mice covered in maggots on the filter. Almost threw up.

/end of bucknuticus blog

Happy Saturday!

On a side note I could see a very real way the ACC gets left out this year from the final 4.

GT and Clemson both play ND. Plus FSU, Clemson, and GT all play each other. This is on top of all 3 playing their in state SEC rival at the end of the year. Then depending upon how GT does you could see a GT rematch against Clemson or FSU in the ACC champ game.

Plus even if VT shocks people they gonna start behind the 8 ball with the Ohio St loss opening weekend.

2 Loss ACC team probably doesn't get in.

That's a given. If FSU had even one loss last year, they would not have gotten in.

Well, you didn't exactly prove them wrong in that Rose Bowl.

I think that game was a bit closer than it actually turned out in the end, when FSU's error prone offense finally paid the piper vs. one of the most opportunistic defenses I've ever seen play. It wasn't like Oregon rolled over FSU like tOSU ravaged Wisconson in the B1G champ game.

That's a given. If FSU had even one loss last year, they would not have gotten in.

I think this was definitely was the case, but Winston just happened to be the best QB in FSU history and bailed out the team left and right so we will never know for sure.

I'm going to four games this year (one @ Duke, one @ AppState, one @ NCSU, and one @ FSU) , but otherwise it's passive TV watching, my own barbecue, and doing programming fun stuffs on the laptop on the side if things get dull.

Ganhyun

Off topic but its the off seasons so..

My AC in my car has been smelling like something fierce for about a week now, i was googling about it and it sounded like water wasnt draining right out of the car and would cause a bad smell. Finally had time today to look into it, first place I looked was the cabin air filter behind the glove box. Pop the glovebox down instant terrible smell, im like ok sweet its here, pop off the protector and see a bunch of my dogs hair on the filter. Im thinking ok cool just get all this off here but odd that it would smell that bad, pull the filter out and what do i find. 4 little mice covered in maggots on the filter. Almost threw up.

/end of bucknuticus blog

Happy Saturday!

Man, that sucks. I bet it smelled terrible too.

I mean, as we know coaching football sober is overrated

orHLPLb.jpg

Espn U is currently showing every tOSU game of 2014 in a marathon. I doubt they show the virginia tech game

On a slightly more serious note the husky fans in the know say Sark might have had alcohol issues (not necessarily problems, but who knows) while at UW. Honestly this should be a big red flag for the AD that their HC hire might need real help.

This is the perfect weekend to go back and get hyped for your favorite team this season by watching their most memorable game in 2014.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
1st AP Poll

1. Ohio State
2. TCU
3. Bama
4. Baylor
5. Mich St
6. Auburn
7. Oregon
8. USC
9. UGA
10. FSU
11. ND
12. Clemson
13. UCLA
14. LSU
15. Arizona St
16. GT
17. Ole Miss
18. Arkansas
19. Oklahoma
20. Wisconsin
21. Standard
22. Arizona
23. Boise St
24. Missouri
25. Tenn

8 SEC teams ranked and the top 2 non ranked vote getters were SEC teams.

Votes basically wanted to rank the whole SEC except for Vandy, Kentucky, and UF Lol

#GoGata

1st AP Poll

1. Ohio State
2. TCU
3. Bama
4. Baylor
5. Mich St
6. Auburn
7. Oregon
8. USC
9. UGA
10. FSU
11. ND
12. Clemson
13. UCLA
14. LSU
15. Arizona St
16. GT
17. Ole Miss
18. Arkansas
19. Oklahoma
20. Wisconsin
21. Standard
22. Arizona
23. Boise St
24. Missouri
25. Tenn

Votes basically wanted to rank the whole SEC except for Vandy, Kentucky, and UF Lol

#GoGata

Dat self fulfilling prophecy.

ag-my001

Texas A&M will play the #15 team week one, so a win there will catapult us to #8 or so.

I actually like starting near the bottom/just outside the top 25; we're not expected to be terrible, but we're also not over estimating our chances.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
is this the point where I lambaste preseason polls as being nothing but biased leftovers from the previous year?

This OSU marathon on ESPNU inspired me to make a big pot of chili today. So good.

Oh, and no beans. Lord knows I have issues with Texas, but they're absolutely right about chili.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Chili without beans is the dumbest thing. And I don't even really like beans.

You might as well throw it on spaghetti you filthy Ohioans.

jjasper

Chili without beans seems stupid. Might as well just put chili powder and a can of rotel on some ground beef and eat it straight out of the skillet.

If you're eating chili by itself, of course it needs beans. However, if you're using it as a topping like on hot dogs or in a frito pie, then beans aren't needed.

1st AP Poll

1. Ohio State
2. TCU
3. Bama
4. Baylor
5. Mich St
6. Auburn
7. Oregon
8. USC
9. UGA
10. FSU
11. ND
12. Clemson
13. UCLA
14. LSU
15. Arizona St
16. GT
17. Ole Miss
18. Arkansas
19. Oklahoma
20. Wisconsin
21. Standard
22. Arizona
23. Boise St
24. Missouri
25. Tenn

#GoGata

NOOOOO THE CHIP

Waco Media-GAF

You people need to be banned.

Beans in chili is for poor people that can't afford meat.

EDIT: Also, keep the realignment talk in here *cough*TTK*cough*

ag-my001

I like to make chili with steak cubes and a can of Rotel in lieu of tomato sauce. You can also add in some ground beef for different textures. I'm planning to smoke a brisket in a few weeks; might save some to toss in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom