• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB 2015 Off-season thread: 12 Gauge backfires on Super Mariota, Mario FPS unlikely

Status
Not open for further replies.

andycapps

It's unnecessary and is there to make you have more chili when all you have is a bunch of beans.

It's the myspace angle of food.
I prefer more meat to beans but don't have a problem with some beans in there. Steak and ground beef is the way to go, brisket if you have it.

I can't wait until someone suggests the novel idea of splitting athletic departments from universities in that Baylor thread.

Wait, you can actually do that? So you can ask for any public employee's business emails? That seems weird.

Everyone's favorite southern lawya will have to confirm, but yes, you can absolutely FOIA the emails of college football coaches at public universities. Some universities take stupidly long to turn them over, though.

That's how Tress was revealed to be a big fat liar during the tattoo debacle.

Draxal

Everyone's favorite southern lawya will have to confirm, but yes, you can absolutely FOIA the emails of college football coaches at public universities. Some universities take stupidly long to turn them over, though.

It's also why every conference has at least one private member (so you can't FOIA the conference).

andycapps

I've seen schools not turn over certain emails due to HIPAA laws if the emails were related to the health of the athlete.

Wait, you can actually do that? So you can ask for any public employee's business emails? That seems weird.
The chancellor at illinois just got fired because she instructed people to use personal email to try to avoid foia which you can't do at a public university. Of course her being "fired" is her being paid 300k next year. I need to get me one of those golden parachutes.

I've seen schools not turn over certain emails due to HIPAA laws if the emails were related to the health of the athlete.
We're instructed never to discuss student health or grade issues via email for that very reason. We're still able to be fioa-ed regardless of what's in the emails so then you're breaking ferpa rules. I tell my students that they need to write me an email specifically giving me permission to give them their grades over email in the unlikely event of a subpoena.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
CNIkgbpUsAAGtu7.png

A New Challenger Approaches.

Hope he can live up to other fake CFB related twitter accounts.

Yup. Working in the sunshine as it is said in Florida.

Text messages related to work are also fair game whether or not they were sent on state equipment. At least in FL.

I can request job application info for candidates. And salaries are published and public record. That is searchable easily online.

That's pretty embarrassing alright.

He's not setting a great example for the future. Just imagine a player coming into practice hungover from a crazy night in Compton, and Sark tries to tell that kid he shouldn't be drinking. It would be easy for the kid to say "Hey coach, you get drunk too and come to work the next day what's the big deal?"

andycapps

He's not setting a great example for the future. Just imagine a player coming into practice hungover from a crazy night in Compton, and Sark tries to tell that kid he shouldn't be drinking. It would be easy for the kid to say "Hey coach, you get drunk too and come to work the next day what's the big deal?"
Definitely, and it's got to be unnerving for the parents of potential recruits or parents with kids in the program to have him as one of the main mentors in their lives. And in no way am I saying alcohol is bad or that most coaches don't drink. But they keep a lid on it and control themselves at official school functions.

Coworker of mine was one of the student coaches or whatever they are at tOSU and told me stories of Tressel and how he would never drink but I think he had one beer at one event and asked my coworker to get it for him. He stressed "one beer."

Jim Donnan used to show up drunk to practices at Georgia so it can always be worse, I guess.

I think Sark might have an alcohol problem. Getting divorced probably isn't helping either.

to echo what andy said, a coach shouldn't be barred from having a drink every now and then. It's his right an adult to indulge from time to time. However, being trashed in public, in a job that demands professionalism while being in front of the public eye, is a red flag that he may have an alcohol problem.

Ryuuroden

Ohio State the first unanimous pre-season #1 in history of the AP.

EDIT: but maybe not, Jon Solomon was corrected by someone. Damn you Jon Solomon for feeding me false info.

https://twitter.com/JonSolomonCBS/status/635513055842070528

EDIT 2: Heck, nevermind again, It actually is true I think, I misread the correction, seems to be about something else

I need to put a Buckeye leaf or Block O or something with my LEGO guy for the season. Also, let it be known, I hate it when my team is #1. Statistics bear out my reasoning.

Ohio State not a lock: Since 1976, 7 teams received 90% of 1st place votes in preseason poll. None won nat’l title

Man rewatching this Bama/OSU game and Kiffkins really fucked this up. Henry was basically running wild the entire 1st quarter, they stopped feed him after that.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
You generally have to be able to express some sort of genuine interest in the material. I went through this investigating a possible case in AL a few years ago, and while the language in the AL statute is broad ("Every citizen has a right to inspect and take a copy of any public writing of this state, except as otherwise expressly provided by statute.") it's been limited by Alabama courts.

Idaho has a statute very similar in language to AL:
74-102 Public records
Right to examine.
(1)Every person has a right to examine and take a copy of any public record of this state and there is a presumption that all public records in Idaho are open at all reasonable times for inspection except as otherwise expressly provided by statute.
But I have idea whether or not their courts have judicially limited it.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Man rewatching this Bama/OSU game and Kiffkins really fucked this up. Henry was basically running wild the entire 1st quarter, they stopped feed him after that.

I remember saying this during the game, though I'm not sure the game actually happened.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Just another fair trial in the fine city of Tallahassee!
FSU fans, okay, I get it. It's Tallahassee, good luck finding 12 people (or whatever the number is there) in your jury pool who aren't fans of FSU. But an FSU employee? Come on, son.

Draxal

Gerry shitting on the B1G West.

B1G 2016 Recruiting Update Ave national ranking for East Division 23 West 43 with #Huskers with highest rating average in West

Saw this tweet; made me laugh. SECSECSEC

LSU has been a team that has driven me nuts with their inability to actually fall in the polls as much as they should. I think its the fact that when I watch their games I can tell that no matter how close the score is they won't win because they haven't had a competent offense in like 5 years but the Pollsters just see close SEC loss and keep them in the polls.

Jhriad

Gerry shitting on the B1G West.

He's got a ton of "recruiting update" posts that are just summaries of either individual team stats or conference wide stats. That one in particular isn't meant to shit on the West, as it were, but to show the respective averages. The West has been pretty damn mediocre anyway you want to look at it. With the populace and blue blood programs, outside of Nebraska, in the East the average in the West is going to look pretty mediocre regardless. It doesn't help that Iowa is busy Ferentzing, Illinois/Purdue/Indiana are... themselves, and Nebraska was saddled with Bo Pelini's laughable recruiting efforts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom