• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB 2015 Off-season thread: 12 Gauge backfires on Super Mariota, Mario FPS unlikely

Status
Not open for further replies.

Westonian

Got 13 out of 14. That last question was great. It reminds me of that excellent haiku:

olemisslaughbro_medium.jpg

Lots of white people
Watching black and gold team lose
Purdue of the south

KingGondo

Banned
Got 13 out of 14. That last question was great. It reminds me of that excellent haiku:

Lots of white people
Watching black and gold team lose
Purdue of the south
Lol. I like the random Colorado fan too.

I'm starting to think there's a correlation between having black and gold as your colors and sucking at football. Purdue, Vandy, Colorado, Wake Forest...

::edit::
Also -

All those media questions they are trying to avoid will be bottled up until Monday when they will all be released at once. Unless they preface Monday's media availability with "please refrain questions regarding Sam Ukwuachu's case. Those will not be answered" "We will only answer questions about our upcoming game vs. SMU"

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
All those media questions they are trying to avoid will be bottled up until Monday when they will all be released at once. Unless they preface Monday's media availability with "please refrain questions regarding Sam Ukwuachu's case. Those will not be answered" "We will only answer questions about our upcoming game vs. SMU"

That shouldn't stop the questions, either. Only way to stop them would be something like keeping the coaches away and only making players available as I doubt the media would grill them.

I would love to see a 5-10 minute video of Art Briles deflecting questions like Marshawn Lynch at the Super Bowl, though.

"I will only answer questions about our game versus SMU."

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
This SB Nation CFB preview is exhaustive and very entertaining. Bill Connelly deserves an award for doing in-depth profiles of every team.

http://www.sbnation.com/a/college-football-preview-2015

"If nothing else changes but turnover margin, Tech could be bowling again. If actual quality improves as well, Tech will be bowling again."

Sounds about right.

Also can't really argue with Tech being in tier 3 of the conference by themselves, ahead of KU and ISU but behind everybody else. I think they're tier 2, personally, but couldn't argue that tier 2 is a terrible prediction.

KingGondo

Banned
"If nothing else changes but turnover margin, Tech could be bowling again. If actual quality improves as well, Tech will be bowling again."

Sounds about right.

Also can't really argue with Tech being in tier 3 of the conference by themselves, ahead of KU and ISU but behind everybody else. I think they're tier 2, personally, but couldn't argue that tier 2 is a terrible prediction.
I'm not biased, so I know that my opinion that OU and OSU should be flipped is correct. Feels good.

By the way, Baker Mayfield is OU's new starter. The hype train has already begun on OKC sports talk radio.

I'm not biased, so I know that my opinion that OU and OSU should be flipped is correct. Feels good.

By the way, Baker Mayfield is OU's new starter. The hype train has already begun on OKC sports talk radio.

Hey Baker Mayfield was the starter at Tech a couple years ago. Is OU the new Xerox U?

Jhriad

This SB Nation CFB preview is exhaustive and very entertaining. Bill Connelly deserves an award for doing in-depth profiles of every team.

http://www.sbnation.com/a/college-football-preview-2015

ULM at Alabama. Saban notices Lane Kiffin playing Fallout Shelter on his phone throughout the second half, notes in personnel file: "Employee seems disengaged, as if he were already applying for the Miami job."

What in the world? Is this game a lot bigger than I realize outside of traditional "gamer" circles?

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member

I will just point you to this post and quote of mine from about a year ago.

I just find it odd that OU seems to think so much more highly of him than Tech does. I've heard quite a few OU fans remark that he'd challenge Knight for the starting job if he was eligible this year.
Playing well in practice was never Mayfield's problem.

Also this -

dlDm5x3.gif

OU fans better hope that a couple of years of maturity and Samaje Perine standing next to him have cured him of his happy feet.

KingGondo

Banned
He is quite amazing at his job. I had no idea you could write so much about Eastern Michigan, but he proved me wrong.
He has me convinced that Baylor will be a juggernaut this season and that TCU will probably disappoint.

I don't want this to be true, so I will disregard his good arguments.

I'm feeling kind of bad for Sark now. He really needs help, which was kind of what I expected because you simply don't just get plastered at public events where everyone is watching you and where you will speak unless you have a problem.

Don't feel bad for USC though, get wrecked Trojanboyz

Yes, let's talk more Pac 12.

Man, I hope Josh Rosen beats Neuheisel for the job. Of course, does it really matter? UCLA is going to run away with it all anyway.

Edit: Anyone else feel like Oregon State is a sleeper team in the Pac 12? I see them having an outside shot to win the league.

In an unrelated note, I was checking the Heisman candidates in my NCAA 14 dynasty thing. Christian McCaffrey of Stanford vaulted into the to top 5 after his FIFTY CARRY 185 yard game against Utah.

The AI in this game is even more evil than Steve Spurrier when it comes to running players into the ground.

And how is the Longhorn Network doing? Last I read, it was a miserable failure outside of Texas.

Of course it is. The market in Texas is probably so large that it doesn't matter, though. I'll happily just take our NBC contract plus the Hard Knocks-esque show on Showtime over a premium vanity channel.

Piggus

Edit: Anyone else feel like Oregon State is a sleeper team in the Pac 12? I see them having an outside shot to win the league.

The Beavers will be lucky to win four games this year.

I still can't get over the fact that the Civil War last year was ABC's prime time game that weekend. Did they actually think it was going to be a competitive game like the year before?

No, the situation there is very, very bad. They will be lucky to win two games in conference play this year. They would be in much better shape if transfer QB Garretson didn't have to sit this year but they will have big problems on offense and defense alike.

The future is good in a couple of years because Gary Anderson is a very good coach. It didn't work out at Wisconsin for a variety of reasons, but if you're looking to do a full rebuild around a system Gary Anderson is one of the best place to start. What he did at longtime FBS doormat Utah St. (go aggies btw) is nothing short of unreal.

I still can't get over the fact that the Civil War last year was ABC's prime time game that weekend. Did they actually think it was going to be a competitive game like the year before?

I can't help but wonder which game will be more painful to watch-the Civil War, which is very likely going to be a lopsided blowout, or the Apple Cup, which has the potential to be one of the saddest major rivalry games in recent memory. At least the Civil War game you can turn off after the second quarter, I suppose.

FIFTY CARRY 185 yard game against Utah.

Oh man that's gold. I have a hard time seeing a QB run for 12+ carries vs. Utah without getting somewhat banged up. That defense is mean.

The Apple Cup will be fine.

I think both teams are going to be pretty iffy this year. The Cougs always find a way to be mediocre and the Huskies just feel like they are coming into this season already on crutches. I still like Washington's chances more because Petersen is kind of god tier.

Of course it is. The market in Texas is probably so large that it doesn't matter, though. I'll happily just take our NBC contract plus the Hard Knocks-esque show on Showtime over a premium vanity channel.

BYU fans like to tout that their network appeals to Mormon's nationwide, but 90% of the nations Mormons live in Utah, just like 90% of Longhorn fans live in Texas. Catholics are more evenly spread throughout the country ( except on the west coast where religion is non-existent ) so Notre Dame would probably be a better sell for their own network in the future if that's something they wanted

I think both teams are going to be pretty iffy this year. The Cougs always find a way to be mediocre and the Huskies just feel like they are coming into this season already on crutches. I still like Washington's chances more because Petersen is kind of god tier.

Is this year #4 for Leach? Fans are probably expecting results this year or else

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom