• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB 2015 Off-season thread: 12 Gauge backfires on Super Mariota, Mario FPS unlikely

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only sort of related but does anyone here know an easy way to see a list of the users that have posted in a thread?

When looking at the thread list, if you click in the replies column, a popup should launch listing all users and the number of posts.

Edit: I see this has been covered...

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
andycaps ran away with the offseason thread post count. I think mre and lonestar finished #1 and #2 last year, but lonestar really fell off this year

Good thing you're not a doctor.

Between being busier at work, more videogaming and vacation taking, and not alot of interesting news to talk about here, haven't been bothered to post much. End of the season also didn't leave me too thrilled, with how that 2nd half against OSUn turned up (the aforementioned D. Henry disappearance).

I'm a little more hyped for MGSV than the football season. This QB hunt has killed alot of my hype. Fucking Alec Morris. Really?

andycapps

Between being busier at work, more videogaming and vacation taking, and not alot of interesting news to talk about here, haven't been bothered to post much. End of the season also didn't leave me too thrilled, with how that 2nd half against OSUn turned up (the aforementioned D. Henry disappearance).

I'm a little more hyped for MGSV than the football season. This QB hunt has killed alot of my hype. Fucking Alec Morris. Really?

I'm curious on how you think the UGA/Bama game will go this year in Athens. Will be a good one.

I'm curious what Bama's offense looks like this year after the aforementioned Derrick Henry disappearance in the title game. Did Saban beat into Kiffin's head in the offseason that when running the ball works, that you run the ball?

I get the majority of my posting in during the offseason and during the week during the season. I don't post during games, unless the game is out of hand for UGA. Too busy having a heart attack/pacing/superstitious/drunj.

Lonestar

I usually post during games (majority probably during Alabama games), if I'm at home on the couch with the ipad on.

Offseason's usually with funny stories (some from stories I find at other places like Twitter and TD) or recruitment stuff (usually back in February). This year, seemingly neither things were that interesting to me. DrunkSark piqued my interest a bit, but it's so late in the offseason.

Still hear that Alabama's front 7 is loaded, and should help contain Chubb. It all comes down to "Does Georgia have a mobile quarterback?"

Do they?

Offense though, could be great, could be the worst one under Saban. I don't know.

You're the second person to tell me that today. First was in the Virginia shooting thread

Draxal

I'm still pretty hyped after last year, going 8-5 with that schedule was impressive.

I hope they perform better against the marquee teams this year, but getting a win out of any of those would be a feat.

andycapps

Nick Chubb has a funny way of handling the inevitability of getting tired during games.

“I was tired almost every game, but I didn’t really show it,” Chubb said.

“If you’re tired, just go in and score and get off the field. That’s my mode, I just go in and score and get off the field, and I won’t be tired anymore.”

Talking about higher regarded (out of highschool) RB Sony Michel.

“Sony’s my boy and all, but coming in that’s all I heard: this five-star kid,” Chubb said. “He’s a great running back, and that pushed me harder, and it pushed my [high school] coaches harder.”

Chubb is a physical specimen. He's obsessed with squatting, routinely packing six 45-pound plates on each side of him and trying to push past his max of 650 pounds. Since his high school days, he has skipped out on spring break to work out or participate in state track meets. This past spring he ditched the beach for a week of training with his old high school coach.

Lonestar

You're the second person to tell me that today. First was in the Virginia shooting thread

Yeah, saw that in there. What an overall shitshow everything is now.

Chubbs needs to quit it on the weightlifting front. Last time I saw a RB posting about squats, it was Trent Truck, and we know now how that's turned out.

andycapps

Still hear that Alabama's front 7 is loaded, and should help contain Chubb. It all comes down to "Does Georgia have a mobile quarterback?"

Do they?

Offense though, could be great, could be the worst one under Saban. I don't know.

I'm sure it is loaded. And everyone knows that every defense will be stacking the box to try to stop Chubb. There were some interesting studies done regarding how much teams did that against Chubb (often) against Chubb last year and how it worked. Most of the time it had little effect due to our OL being stout and Chubb being a monster. The OL has a few future draft picks on it, only change since last year is our center is on the Patriots now, and a guard slid over to center. Breaking in a new center with a new QB can be problematic.

Mobile quarterback? Most likely not. Not in the sense of a Blake Sims, anyway. Seems like the QB race is down to 2 at the moment: Bryce Ramsey and Grayson Lambert. Ramsey is likely slightly more mobile of the two, while Lambert has more game experience at UVA. Wasn't a great QB at UVA, but the thing to keep in mind with that is that he has a lot more talent around him at UGA than there. Lambert is a big pro-style QB, Ramsey is pro-style as well but "only" 6'3". Ramsey has the best arm on the team, though he's been known to be careless with the ball. That will get you benched with Richt, especially when you don't need your QB to force throws.

UGA secondary should be better than last year due to second year in Pruitt's system and more depth and talent. UGA DL is an unknown quantity due to getting Trenton Thompson in at the tackle spot and some highly regarded DE's as well. DL was a weak spot in our losses last year. Thompson is probably the closest thing to a sure thing you could get for a DT in a 3-4 scheme. But still, he's a true freshman. Question is if the youngsters talent is good enough to get them on the field over a lesser talented upperclassmen.

OLB's will be best in the conference, maybe in the country. Jordan Jenkins, Lorenzo Carter, Davin Bellamy, and then there's Leonard Floyd who is good enough to play OLB, ILB, and star. They want Floyd out there on every play, but they want Carter there as well with Jenkins.

ILB's should be solid.

Overall, defense should be improved. Offense should be same as last year when led the league in rushing. QB play just has to be competent. If ever we needed a game manager, this is the year.

Edit: Sorry for the Pristine'ish post. Got into it and didn't know where to stop.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
I'm sure it is loaded. And everyone knows that every defense will be stacking the box to try to stop Chubb. There were some interesting studies done regarding how much teams did that against Chubb (often) against Chubb last year and how it worked. Most of the time it had little effect due to our OL being stout and Chubb being a monster. The OL has a few future draft picks on it, only change since last year is our center is on the Patriots now, and a guard slid over to center. Breaking in a new center with a new QB can be problematic.

Mobile quarterback? Most likely not. Not in the sense of a Blake Sims, anyway. Seems like the QB race is down to 2 at the moment; Bryce Ramsey and Grayson Lambert. Ramsey is likely slightly more mobile of the two, while Lambert has more game experience at UVA. Wasn't a great QB at UVA, but the thing to keep in mind with that is that he has a lot more talent around him at UGA than there. Lambert is a big pro-style QB, Ramsey is pro-style as well but "only" 6'3".

UGA secondary should be better than last year due to second year in Pruitt's system and more depth and talent. UGA DL is an unknown quantity due to getting Trenton Thompson in at the tackle spot and some highly regarded DE's as well. DL was a weak spot in our losses last year. Thompson is probably the closest thing to a sure thing you could get for a DT in a 3-4 scheme. But still, he's a true freshman. Question is if the youngsters talent is good enough to get them on the field over a lesser talented upperclassmen.

OLB's will be best in the conference, maybe in the country. Jordan Jenkins, Lorenzo Carter, Davin Bellamy, and then there's Leonard Floyd who is good enough to play OLB, ILB, and star. They want Floyd out there on every play, but they want Carter there as well with Jenkins.

ILB's should be solid.

Overall, defense should be improved. Offense should be same as last year when led the league in rushing. QB play just has to be competent. If ever we needed a game manager, this is the year.
It'll come down to how our QB and DBs play, and, since both positions are giant unknowns at this point, it's impossible to predict this game.

Lonestar

I can name 5. Fucking QB race.

Blake Barnett, Jake Coker, David Cornwell, Alec Morris, Cooper Bateman.

andycapps

Did someone say Gators Gata fan?

1UKKetE.gif

mre said:
It'll come down to how our QB and DBs play, and, since both positions are giant unknowns at this point, it's impossible to predict this game.

I feel the same way, though I think the big unknown for us is the QB play. Can whoever is picked play well enough to not throw the game away and keep the defense honest? Won't know until a few games are played.

andycapps

I don't stop by the NFL thread often so won't post about this there, but speaking of Gatas.. I saw the Falcons signed Rex Grossman to a 1 year contract. Had no idea he was still in the league.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
I can name 5. Fucking QB race.

Blake Barnett, Jake Coker, David Cornwell, Alec Morris, Cooper Bateman.
It's cool. The current "hot" rumor is that Cornwell may transfer somewhere. Today.

So tired of this off-season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom