• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB 2015 Off-season thread: 12 Gauge backfires on Super Mariota, Mario FPS unlikely

Status
Not open for further replies.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
I'm going to guess that person is grasping at straws to explain why this isn't the same thing as what was happening at Bama back then.
They might be had they not abandoned their website when they realized that Meyer was about to implement the exact same "unethical" practices.

andycapps

They might be had they not abandoned their website when they realized that Meyer was about to implement the exact same "unethical" practices.

Oh I know they're not a site anymore, but presumably that same person that was up in arms about the recruiting advantage it was giving Saban to do "roster management" via grayshirting has seen this news. And somehow it's different to them.

I'm assuming this same person hated Meyer when he was at a team full of "thugs," but then they loved him when tOSU picked him up.

P-CFBFLA0AMSC-G1LE_product.jpg

GO GATA

NIGHTMARE FUEL

andycapps

It's all about football, and well UAB dropped football.

That was probably one of the more depressing things that happened in college football in the last few years. I remember that video that was posted when the AD came in and told the players it was over.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
As of 2016, they will not need to.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...nship-game-restrictions-to-be-relaxed-by-2016

Bad news for Cinci.

Interesting thing is that the ACC might go for 3 divisions.

Not sure of the ACC angle here since the last two ACC championship games actually rated pretty well.

However, 3 division could mean 3 divisions of 5 teams meaning ND could be involved. They would only have to play 4 division games and 1 one from the other two (probably Miami).

It has to be them driving this.

Draxal

Not sure of the ACC angle here since the last two ACC championship games actually rated pretty well.

However, 3 division could mean 3 divisions of 5 teams meaning ND could be involved. They would only have to play 4 division games and 1 one from the other two (probably Miami).

It has to be them driving this.

It's more like the other Dukey stated, they wanted to rotate in-conference games more often and you can't have 9 in conference games cuz of them rivalry games with instate sec schools every year.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
End of an era. Lou holtz will no longer appear on espn
Seems like a weird time to announce this, rather than ending it with the close of the season and giving him some sort of on-air fair-well with May and Davis.

Sounds like contract negotiations that went south.

It's more like the other Dukey stated, they wanted to rotate in-conference games more often and you can't have 9 in conference games cuz of them rivalry games with instate sec schools every year.

He's right about the one thing... The 3 division thing works best with 15 teams in the league, which the ACC does not have for football. So this specific idea might be for the far flung future that somehow forces Notre Dame to be all in. In related news, sorry UConn.

(Many expected that if Notre Dame were to join fully, then the ACC would bring along another team to get to 16. This proposal for 3 divisions undermines that prior assumption.)

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
He's right about the one thing... The 3 division thing works best with 15 teams in the league, which the ACC does not have for football. So this specific idea might be for the far flung future that somehow forces Notre Dame to be all in. In related news, sorry UConn.

(Many expected that if Notre Dame were to join fully, then the ACC would bring along another team to get to 16. This proposal for 3 divisions undermines that prior assumption.)

Well my thought is that ND just saw Baylor and TCU left out pretty much because of no BXII championship game. Same thing happens to them if they are number 5 and don't play in the ACC championship game. They play in a 5 team division, thats 4 games, 1 rivarly and 2 rotating out of division games gives them an ACC schedule. They now have 5 games to play USC, Stanford,Navy, whatever B1G team they want to play and maybe they will grow balls to play an SEC team.

Well my thought is that ND just saw Baylor and TCU left out pretty much because of no BXII championship game. Same thing happens to them if they are number 5 and don't play in the ACC championship game. They play in a 5 team division, thats 4 games, 1 rivarly and 2 rotating out of division games gives them an ACC schedule. They now have 5 games to play USC, Stanford,Navy, whatever B1G team they want to play and maybe they will grow balls to play an SEC team.

I could see Baylor and TCU's situation last year becoming part of the calculus for Notre Dame's conference affiliation, particularly if it becomes a trend, but Notre Dame would have to be on the same footing as everybody else if they're going to be in a division and eligible for the championship. All in. If they're playing 7, everyone else is playing 7, but we all know the ACC couldn't get away with a 7 game league schedule in a conference with 15 teams.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I could see Baylor and TCU's situation last year becoming part of the calculus for Notre Dame's conference affiliation, particularly if it becomes a trend, but Notre Dame would have to be on the same footing as everybody else if they're going to be in a division and eligible for the championship. All in. If they're playing 7, everyone else is playing 7, but we all know the ACC couldn't get away with a 7 game league schedule in a conference with 15 teams.

Its the difference of one game, and it could free up the conference schools to schedule between each other like UNC/WF and that Duke and NCSU are talking about. As long as that 8th game is a power 5 opponent, I think it can work.

Meier

I'm not sure Charlie Strong is your man if you want someone who has his shit together:

https://twitter.com/Jake_Trotter/status/586523309971390465

For what it's worth, Bobby couldn't remember players' names a lot as well (and not just in his advanced years). He just called em by their number usually. It's probably not super uncommon to be honest.. there are a lot of people to keep track of so nicknames probably stick more than anything.

My wife and I formally did not re-up our season tickets to Texas as of the end of last week. Our tickets were going to cost us $400 a piece after we'd paid $150 for the past 4 years due to a staff appreciation program that Patterson immediately killed off when he took over. Oh well, their loss.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
For what it's worth, Bobby couldn't remember players' names a lot as well (and not just in his advanced years). He just called em by their number usually. It's probably not super uncommon to be honest.. there are a lot of people to keep track of so nicknames probably stick more than anything.

My wife and I formally did not re-up our season tickets to Texas as of the end of last week. Our tickets were going to cost us $400 a piece after we'd paid $150 for the past 4 years due to a staff appreciation program that Patterson immediately killed off when he took over. Oh well, their loss.

Bobby likely knew his qb`s names though.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
I like what our starting OL is going to look like next season, probably one of the best units in the conference, but we are looking at a fairly rough depth issue if we have any injuries. Got a good looking signing class of 5 last February (all high school), but we only went through Spring practice with something like 8 total OL.

Since then, though, in late March we added a JUCO guy that will be able to get to campus this summer (only one year at JUCO so he has 4 to play 3) and we just added a senior transfer from Houston (who apparently played in every game for them for the last two seasons but never started). Not all star recruits or anything but at least we're adding some more physically mature depth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom