• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB 2015 Off-season thread: 12 Gauge backfires on Super Mariota, Mario FPS unlikely

Status
Not open for further replies.

Limedust

Just got back to hotel from the scrimmage. 100% chance of rain... no rain. Pretty sure that put a dent in attendance.

ArDarius Stuart was easily the player of the game.

Limedust

I'd totally watch if they did.

The line for Hightower's sig was pretty long, though... I saw at least one person with a large, framed picture there to get it signed.

Let's go ahead and get the excuses out of the way. It was raining, there was a tricycle race that day, etc.
There are no excuses. We have the worst fan base of any team in college sports. I'm not defending it anymore. We have always sucked as fans and we always will. I feel bad for our coaches and players. They made bad decisions coming to Tech. Hopefully the future recruits will go elsewhere where they might be supported. Make fun of us as much as you want. We deserve as much as you can dish out and much more.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
There are no excuses. We have the worst fan base of any team in college sports. I'm not defending it anymore. We have always sucked as fans and we always will. I feel bad for our coaches and players. They made bad decisions coming to Tech. Hopefully the future recruits will go elsewhere where they might be supported. Make fun of us as much as you want. We deserve as much as you can dish out and much more.

They finally got fed up with all the illegal chop blocks probably. Tech students are too smart to put up with that destructive nonsense.

andycapps

Didn't think I'd get agreement on that.

Shot of the crowd from the spring game
CC9WJrGUIAAPLL_.jpg:large

Amazing how many people show up for a totally fucking boring inter-squad scrimmage.

And one they have to pay for in fact! I think its cool that bunch of people who cant afford to go to regular OSU games can take their entire family in the stadium and watch them play a "game" for $5 a pop.

Azzurri

Gold Member
I had a feeling we where going to destroy the record for the spring game. I could tell because of how busy it was on 315, and how busy Lane Ave was.

And one they have to pay for in fact! I think its cool that bunch of people who cant afford to go to regular OSU games can take their entire family in the stadium and watch them play a "game" for $5 a pop.

Yeah, in addition to the championship, the prices of regular season tickets continually going up probably is pushing up the attendance at spring games.

Draxal

eh true, i dont see the problem with the $5. If people are willing to pay and still get a turnout like that more power to em.

I have no either issue as you have to pay the police for traffic support around the area etc. Once you get in the 105,000 that takes a serious toll on the area infrastructure.

andycapps

So Tebow is an NFL quarterback again.

Huh.
I saw that. Really speaks to the shitty talent coming out of college these days if they're giving him a chance. I saw another article this week of an NFL coach lamenting the spread again because of issues with offensive linemen this time. They're just going to have to continue to adapt because so many college schools are doing it.

A Gata was arrested yesterday.

Coach Gus Malzahn ‏@CoachGusMalzahn 1m1 minute ago
We just named Jeremy Johnson our starting QB for 2015. Everyone in our program has 100 percent confidence in him! War Eagle!

Refresh my memory, which SEC school did this kid start at before being forced to transfer to Auburn because "reasons."

After hearing Tebow was back in the NFL, I checked in on how Vince Young's comeback was progressing. Apparently it's already over as he failed to turn his combine application in on time.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Do Coaches count towards the Fulmer Cup?

Cal recruiting coordinator Pierre Ingram arrested in prostitution sting, placed on leave
48l0W.jpg

Pierre Ingram, the Golden Bears' recruiting coordinator and wide receivers coach, was arrested after he allegedly solicited an undercover officer online and then showed up at the Motel 6 on Embarcadero.

He was arrested on suspicion of misdemeanor solicitation of a lewd act, was booked, cited and given a court date to appear next month.

Should have gone to the Pajole Motel 6. Learn from this, Mr. Pierre Ingram.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom