• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB 2015 Off-season thread: 12 Gauge backfires on Super Mariota, Mario FPS unlikely

Status
Not open for further replies.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Lunar, have you been in here since CFB-GAF's inception, because that's the right kind of stuff.

Ketchup is only good on Fries, and mixed with Mustard on burgers. That's it.
A bridge too far, my friend.

And I have to add a caveat that ketchup is only good on sub-par fries. If fries are cooked and seasoned properly, they shouldn't need ketchup.

Cyan has lived long enough to see himself become the villain.

He is the face of authoritarianism on GAF. Banning posters for trivial issues. Distributing insulting tags to innocent posters. We must rebel against his tyranny. Take him down.

I intend on destroying Cyan once and for all. Let freedom ring.

His PC policies will be reversed!

Cyan has lived long enough to see himself become the villain.

He is the face of authoritarianism on GAF. Banning posters for trivial issues. Distributing insulting tags to innocent posters. We must rebel against his tyranny. Take him down.

I intend on destroying Cyan once and for all. Let freedom ring.

His PC policies will be reversed!

Dude your avatar looks like its doing the "Heil Hitler". Would a Sirpopopop regime be any different?

Guys, I finally saw the Alabama sorority video. Can someone tell me what I'm supposed to be outraged about? Aside from not being able to bang any of those women, of course.

Also, fries are best when dipped in ranch. And not salad dressing ranch. That runny ranch that you can only find at local southern restaurants. You guys know what I'm talking about!

mre

Guys, I finally saw the Alabama sorority video. Can someone tell me what I'm supposed to be outraged about? Aside from not being able to bang any of those women, of course.

Also, fries are best when dipped in ranch. And not salad dressing ranch. That runny ranch that you can only find at local southern restaurants. You guys know what I'm talking about!
my man.

Put me in the 'fries don't need anything if properly seasoned' camp.

The worst is that mayo/ketchup fry sauce they love in the intermountain west. So gross.

Lunar15

Aoli is almost literally mayonaise. Or rather, Mayonaise is basically a type of Aoli.

Anywho, am I weird for liking to dip fries in tartar sauce when given a chance? Then again, I'm also completely fine with Ketchup on things, to a degree. I'll put it on a hot dog, but not on a braut. Anyone who puts Ketchup on a brautwurst, or really any other kind of sausage other than a standard hot dog is probably a fascist.

And I have to add a caveat that ketchup is only good on sub-par fries. If fries are cooked and seasoned properly, they shouldn't need ketchup.

My man. I hate ketchup. I'd rather eat no fries than shitty fries, and good fries don't need dressing.

Just getting caught up on the thread-is there a conference pick 'em thing posted anywhere?

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Should have prefaced it with a "Heinz" or heavily vinegar'd ketchup.

Vinegar and Fries is also great.

Won't get too far into my food oddities, that are way too close to Dan Rykert's...

AntoneM

Ranch in all forms is disgusting.

Lunar15

When given the chance, I will always take Blue Cheese over Ranch.

I don't dislike ranch, I just find the taste of blue cheese superior.

TAMMY UPDATE:

Yesterday, Tammy proposed disbanding the B1G and splitting it off into the other four conferences.

She said we "play nuthin' but Mountain West teams."

THAT IS YOUR LATEST TAMMY UPDATE.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook

Yeah I like ranch, but I find BC superior.

We don't tend to have BC in our house though because my SO is allergic.

ag-my001

My time in Texas taught me that people down south like ranch way too much. Ranch is fine for fried pickles and related foods, but when you have actual hot wings, only Bleu Cheese will do.

Still a little ticked that Chick-fil-A got rid of their bleu cheese packets about two weeks after rolling out the spicy chicken sandwich.

Lunar15

Look, I don't want to get into it, but if you have the option and you put ranch on buffalo wings over bleu cheese, you probably need to be put on a government list.

Anywho, every source I read makes it sound like Grier is "basically" going to be the starting QB for UF. I'm fine with this.

mre

Look, I don't want to get into it, but if you have the option and you put ranch on buffalo wings over bleu cheese, you probably need to be put on a government list.

Anywho, every source I read makes it sound like Grier is "basically" going to be the starting QB for UF. I'm fine with this.
Even reading the phrase "blue cheese" makes me throw up a bit in my mouth.

Lunar15

All this talk about ranch and bleu cheese begs the (extremely relevant to CFB) question: What hot sauce do y'all usually go for?

I'm pretty partial to Crystal myself, but sometimes I also like the Chipotle Tabasco. You also see a lot of Cholula down here, but it's not my favorite.

ag-my001

I usually go for standard Tabasco. It may not be the best on its own, but I really like the way its flavors will blend and compliment whatever I'm adding it to. Other sauces have a bad habit of being hot for hot's sake.

KingGondo

Banned
All this talk about ranch and bleu cheese begs the (extremely relevant to CFB) question: What hot sauce do y'all usually go for?

I'm pretty partial to Crystal myself, but sometimes I also like the Chipotle Tabasco. You also see a lot of Cholula down here, but it's not my favorite.
I like Crystal a lot too.

They all pair well with different foods.

Pizza: Frank's Red Hot or Crystal.
Mexican/Greek: Valentina
Acidic/garlicky stuff: Jalapeno Tabasco

If Tabasco wasn't so watery I'd go with that. I'm not much of a hot sauce fan though. Dry rubs with chiles are always superior when I'm making my own spicy food. Most foods just don't need hot sauce. I know people who put it on everything which just seems like a waste to me. For poboys I always use the Louisiana red hot sauce that's like a thicker Tabasco.

The only thing I have in my kitchen even resembling hot sauce is Sambal Oelek. If I want spicy food I just season what I prepare properly. No need for a separate sauce for that.

Things would be a lot more complicated if my wife and I weren't in the same general range in terms of spicy tolerance, or if we had others in the household who were well outside our range. I also basically never order out as well.

Draxal

TAMMY UPDATE:

Yesterday, Tammy proposed disbanding the B1G and splitting it off into the other four conferences.

She said we "play nuthin' but Mountain West teams."

THAT IS YOUR LATEST TAMMY UPDATE.

Geographically challenged I see. Is she one of those types were you basically can understand one word she is saying?

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
in the rare cases I want a hot sauce, probably tobasco.

I blame my odd sense of smell on why I don't like alot of common foods. That, and visiting a chicken processing plant (PECO in Tuscaloosa) forever ruined chicken to me. Mah Gawd, the horror. The Smell...

Draxal

"Them yankee teams up in the Big Tin ain't playing nuthin' but high skewlers!

"WAR DAMN EAGLE!"

But they lost to Wisconsin who kinda got crushed by you in the Big Ten Champ game. Did Paul bring up that bowl game?

Oh, I just listened to her on youtube ... Paul just trolls her the entire time.

Chili is the best fries topping.

Just don't ever eat at Famous Tommy's in Los Angeles.

Unless you're constipated, then eat there.

I think these NCAA rosters I downloaded have caused the game to go haywire. Some red shirt freshman QB for Alabama is currently second in the Heisman Race despite not having thrown a single pass on the season (3 weeks in). Kyle Allen, who is second to last in the SEC in efficiency leads the race.

I also was wondering why Miss State was like 1-2 and it turns out Dak Prescott got hurt and their second string QB got hurt and so they've used like 5 QBs in 3 games which is kind of funny.

EA must've made the FCS schools better in this edition as I've seen several teams lose to them, both bad teams (WSU) and good teams (Michigan State). The game also has quirks with the polls, USC is undefeated and ranked #5 in the coaches poll and #12 or so in the media poll. Also Baylor lost to Buffalo.

The only thing I have in my kitchen even resembling hot sauce is Sambal Oelek. If I want spicy food I just season what I prepare properly. No need for a separate sauce for that.

Things would be a lot more complicated if my wife and I weren't in the same general range in terms of spicy tolerance, or if we had others in the household who were well outside our range. I also basically never order out as well.

I admittedly dont really know much about Sambal but there's a new fast casual place in LA called Kaya Street Kitchen and they have something called a "sister sambal" that is pretty dang good.

Draxal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom