• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB Offseason 2014: The Spartans End a B1G Case of Wiscy Dick, Cold Pizza for Victims

Status
Not open for further replies.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Think its TTK?

But yes, this is the year of the Citronaut and every cfb thread must mention their ascendance.

If I have anything to say about it every single thread will be themed to the Citronaut's farewell tour from D1 CFB.

andycapps

You mean the official 2014 UCF Citronauts College Football Season thread?

Think its TTK?

But yes, this is the year of the Citronaut and every cfb thread must mention their ascendance.

Yes and yes.

Fuck it. I'll do it if TTK can't or doesn't want to.

Maybe see if he checks in today and wants to do it since it's his thing.

We're a week away from football, so pretty sure it's time for the official thread, right?

ag-my001

Should probably make my predictions so I can laugh at myself later.

AAC: ECU

ACC: Clemson
Atlantic: Clemson
coastal: UNC
Bonus: Circle of Suck will be completed

Big 12: Oklahoma

B1G: MSU
East: MSU
West: Wisconsin

PAC12: Stanford
North: Stanford
South: ASU

SEC SEC SEC: LSU
East: Georgia
West: LSU

PLAYOFF:
LSU
Stanford
Oklahoma
MSU

CHAMP:
LSU

Rutgers - Champion of the Football Universe.

Not just world. Not just galaxy. Universe.

We will beat the football playing humans who must surely exist somewhere in the Universe, posting on their own version of Neogaf, about the skills of their own respective teams.

That gives me serious wood, knowing that there has to be another world out there where they are playing American football in a college setting. They probably call it American football too, because why not.

Jhriad

Howard Griffith said on BTN that losing Brax drops us to fourth in the conference, behind Sparty, U-M and State Penn (in that order).

:lol

Are you sure that's in the conference and not the division? Anyone choosing both of those teams to end up ahead of a number of the other teams in the conference is delusional.

Dont forget to put my conf pickem stuff in the OP.

Also anyone who wants to edit their picks may do it on their OP as I havent put them in the spreadsheet yet. Ill probably do that this weekend.

andycapps

Damn. Was hoping you'd get at least a few seconds of that awesome song so that it would be stuck in your head all day.

timetokill said:
Yup, it's time. I'm selecting the Week 1 pick'em games today.

Awesome. Feels like the offseason is limited.

We're still segregated to the little kid's table, aka Community, like everyone else, right?

Heather Dinich ‏@CFBHeather 1m
Clemson lost RB Zac Brooks to a season-ending foot injury. He was the leading returning rusher. Just adds to Clemson's offensive Qs

QB, WR, RB...

But they still have Dabo. And, my friends, when you have Dabo, you have a chance.*

*to be mocked and ridiculed by HBC.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Damn. Was hoping you'd get at least a few seconds of that awesome song so that it would be stuck in your head all day.

Awesome. Feels like the offseason is limited.

We're still segregated to the little kid's table, aka Community, like everyone else, right?

I trying to remember, but were the weekly topics put on OT proper, or stuck here in OT Community?

Also: Coaches at the Major Conferences and their all time records against top 25 opponents (AP Polls). They threw in ND for some reason, though.

BN-EE338_COUNT0_G_20140819192502.jpg

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Sorry, Clemson fan(s):
Heather Dinich ‏@CFBHeather 1m
Clemson lost RB Zac Brooks to a season-ending foot injury. He was the leading returning rusher. Just adds to Clemson's offensive Qs

QB, WR, RB...

But they still have Dabo. And, my friends, when you have Dabo, you have a chance.*

Sorry, Clemson fan(s):

QB, WR, RB...

It's true he's our leading returning rusher, though it's a bit misleading. He had 251 yards rushing last year. They were looking to have a running back by committee this year, and if spring and camp are any indication, I feel that Gallman (RS Fr) is going to be the feature back by midseason anyway.

Sorry, Clemson fan(s):

QB, WR, RB...

Wish that I was on ole rocky top,
Down in the tennessee hills.
Ain't no smoggy smoke on rocky top,
Ain't no telephone bills.

Once there was a girl on rocky top,
Half bear the other half cat.
Wild as a mink, sweet as soda pop,
I still dream about that.

Rocky top, you'll always be
Home sweet home to me.
Good ole rocky top,
Rocky top tennessee, rocky top tennessee.

Once two strangers climbed on rocky top,
Lookin' for a moonshine still.
Strangers ain't come back from rocky top,
Guess they never will.

Corn won't grow at all on rocky top,
Dirt's too rocky by far.
That's why all the folks on rocky top
Get their corn from a jar.

Home sweet home to me.
Good ole rocky top,

Now I've had years of cramped up city life,
Trapped like a duck in a pen.
Now all I know is it's a pity life
Can't be simple again.

Home sweet home to me.
Good ole rocky top,

You don't say.

cdyhybrid

UW adds BYU and Michigan to future schedules

The Huskies will play host to BYU Sept. 29, 2018, and will travel to Provo on Sept. 21, 2019. The Dawgs and Cougars have squared off nine times in their history, including most recently in last December’s Fight Hunger Bowl in San Francisco.

Michigan will come to Seattle for a Sept. 5 game in 2020 and then the Dawgs will go to Ann Arbor the following season for a Sept. 18 game. The Huskies and Wolverines have a history that dates back over 60 years and includes four Rose Bowl matchups among 12 all-time meetings.

How nice of us to throw a bone to the Little Sisters of the poor down in Provo.

ACC: FSU
Atlantic: FSU
coastal: UNC

Big 12: Oklahoma

B1G: MSU
East: MSU
West: Wisconsin

PAC12: Stanford
North: Stanford
South: USC

SEC: Alabama
East: Alabama