• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB Offseason 2014: The Spartans End a B1G Case of Wiscy Dick, Cold Pizza for Victims

Status
Not open for further replies.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Jameis Winston rape story catching fire again. I'm too tired to fully post about it, but I'm sure it will be a hot topic tomorrow/today.

I still maintain he raped her, his teammates watched and recorded it, and the Tallahassee PD are complicit in ensuring he walks free.

http://espn.go.com/college-football...minoles-handling-jameis-winston-investigation

tumblr_l9qoj2jEhY1qzzud0.gif

From an athletic perspective.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
UCF is going to get former Rangers prospect Jordan Akins. Hell of an athlete, but he never could quite figure out how to hit. Hopefully he doesn't play defense.

Tech just picked up former Rangers pitching prospect Justin Jamison for basketball recently as well.

andycapps

Jameis Winston rape story catching fire again. I'm too tired to fully post about it, but I'm sure it will be a hot topic tomorrow/today.

I still maintain he raped her, his teammates watched and recorded it, and the Tallahassee PD are complicit in ensuring he walks free.

cam-invest.gif

I agree, he probably did it, but like you said, the administration and the PD are doing their best job to intimidate the accuser and such and keep a lid on this.

Seems like things are a little different at UGA practices this year, Pruitt has guys practicing a lot differently than Grantham did. Grantham was an NFL guy so tended to have a small group of guys that he trusted and then those guys got all the reps, and rarely were taken out of the game. Came back to bite us in the ass late in games. Pruitt is apparently doing what Saban does, which is to have everyone doing reps at the same time in practice, so the first, second, and third team are all doing the same thing at the same time. They're having to sprint from drill to drill, no time standing around watching other guys work. If guys slack off, they're bumped down the next day, if they do better, they're bumped up. They're also keeping track of something he's calling MA's (missed assignments) in practice. The first, they had over 130 MA's, the next practice they had 8. So the players are paying attention and said to be enjoying the competition, particularly the players that were in Grantham's doghouse and are getting a new chance every day based on how hard they work. Secondary is being coached by him, so they're being taught to be a lot more physical at the line, eye control, etc. Basically, the fundamentals UGA fans have been screaming about for a few years. They're also changing the "Star" position to be what they're calling the "Money" position, which will be a DB instead of a LB as it was under Grantham. The reasoning there is that Pruitt wants the star to be able to cover a receiver. They're having JJ Green play there lately (played RB last year but was converted back to DB this offseason), which is interesting.

Mentioned they're going to keep doing this evaluation all the way up until 2 weeks before the first game. That makes me a little worried due to not having starters identified until then, but if this system works for him, I'm okay with it. Offensive line is a mess right now. Tackle and center spots are settled, most likely, but Will Friend is still trying to figure out who wants to play at guard. I guess I'm encouraged by the defense but all of this I'm taking with a huge grain of salt, because this is spring practice and there's a long way to go. I remember in the G-Day game last year the defense handled the offense easily and then our season couldn't have been any further from that.

Meier

The other guys got in trouble because they admitted to violating the code of conduct in so much as they watched/recorded them having sex. They did this follow-up internal investigation due to the requirements and probably to avoid any blowback such as a federal case. I would imagine that ultimately nothing will happen but I guess we'll see how it all pans out.

If we didn't have Okie State first, I wouldn't have been surprised if Casher and Darby were suspended for a game due to violations of student conduct or whatever generic term they usually use.

3x3wmLI.png

Well, we do only have on scholarship QB on campus right now...

Who's y'alls clothing sponsor now, Underarmor? They'll need to create a fashionable uniform for him so he can maintain his stylish appearance. Otherwise I don't seeing him playing. He doesn't want to do anything that would put his NY Fashion Week invitation in jeopardy.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Who's y'alls clothing sponsor now, Underarmor? They'll need to create a fashionable uniform for him so he can maintain his stylish appearance. Otherwise I don't seeing him playing. He doesn't want to do anything that would put his NY Fashion Week invitation in jeopardy.

Mike Gundy has been confirmed as having requested that Nike put a rush order on a uniform for him for their Spring football ending open practice tomorrow.

There are at least two writers on Tosh's staff that are Bama grads. One of the reasons he has so many Bama/Saban references.
He's also a Dolphins fan and UCF grad. Saw him throw a sword at Saban's fathead on the wall yesterday.

Lots of college football and sports references!

Draxal

When in doubt, just guess Tigers.

Got about half of them, but couldn't for the life of me remember Texas A&M's mascot. All I could think of was their stupid-ass wannabe military people grabbing their own balls.

That or Wildcats (which made me sad that I missed Arizona, no excuse for that one).

Weirdest one I got was ULL Ragin Cajuns. For some reason I remembered they dropped the second g.

Jhriad

New QB commit and this is the highest I've seen an early Husker class rank in a long while. Did Pelini quit and forget to tell everyone?

Guys, I'm watching Arena Football. Darron Thomas is starting for the Portland Thunder. The LA Kiss have grey turf and Gogo Dancers.

And Thomas' first pass is a TAINT.

andycapps

Looks like a decision may be coming soon for the nations #1 prospect Trent Thompson. UGA has been leader with Bama #2.

perfectchaos007 said:
RSJ was originally committed to Texas, and some fans were mad at our recruiters for backing off of him when he decided to "explore other options". Seems like we ended up dodging a bullet with him.

Maybe so. Don't keep up with them but it seems like he got in some trouble last year as well? Kids can change, hopefully he gets his act together before it's too late. That first year or two can be adjustment because those kids are used to getting away with whatever they want in highschool and being the best, and now they can't get away with anything and they're not the best.

cdyhybrid

4* QB Brett Rypien, nephew of famed Wazzu QB Mark Rypien, commits to Boise-State-sans-Chris-Petersen over Wazzu. Reading the meltdown has been great.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Hmm, Eddie Jackson tears his ACL and Blake "Throwing Mechanics" Sims is by far having the best spring at QB.

Are we sure the Sugar Bowl wasn't played over the weekend?

Lonestar

Since there's no College Baseball topic (because who watches that???), here's a "laugh at Auburn" moment.

Playing Ole Miss, tied in the 13th inning, Auburn is intentionally walking a batter, when this happens:
Ole-Miss-Auburn-IBB-HR-040414.gif

Fails at walking, Batter hits a walk off 3 run home run.

Much Beer was thrown in the stands. Shirts may never be found again.

Video

Lonestar

Apparently that's his daughter and her prom date or something.

He should worry about Gene. He won't bite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom