• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB Offseason 2014: The Spartans End a B1G Case of Wiscy Dick, Cold Pizza for Victims

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjasper

Our game against Utah State got moved to SEC network and Sunday. Hopefully it is on my UVerse package and I don't have to upgrade.

I dl'd it, but that's all I've done. FFXIV has taken up 125% of my spare time.
I haven never played an MMO before but I am thinking of getting this next week for PS4.

Edit: Also our PA announcer died. Gonna be weird going to a game and hearing someone else.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Our game against Utah State got moved to SEC network and Sunday. Hopefully it is on my UVerse package and I don't have to upgrade.

I haven never played an MMO before but I am thinking of getting this next week for PS4.

Edit: Also our PA announcer died. Gonna be weird going to a game and hearing someone else.

Well, me, mre and Tamanon are on Ultros (GAF), so come waste away hours of your life with us!

Sorry about PA Guy, the unknown member of the Football Announcing world.

andycapps

SEC Network will be on UVerse. They were the first company to work a deal out with them. Whether you'll have to be on a specific cable package, I'm not sure yet.

Meier

Since there's no College Baseball topic (because who watches that???), here's a "laugh at Auburn" moment.

Playing Ole Miss, tied in the 13th inning, Auburn is intentionally walking a batter, when this happens:
Ole-Miss-Auburn-IBB-HR-040414.gif

Fails at walking, Batter hits a walk off 3 run home run.

Much Beer was thrown in the stands. Shirts may never be found again.

Video

This is fucking hilarious. That poor pitcher.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
This is fucking hilarious. That poor pitcher.
It's his own damn fault. The catcher has to scramble to get back behind the plate to have a chance to catch it had the batter not ball-parked it. Plus, it's Auburn,

Lonestar

Sounds like Missouri's DGB is being included in a burglary investigation. Probably why he's suspended indefinitely.

cashman

Banned
Because she was famous for something before she was his girlfriend and Musberger slobbered all over her?

In 5 years nobody outside of Alabama will even recognize the name AJ McCarron. Meanwhile Kristin Webb will still be relevant after breaking up with AJ and being in a high profile relationship with Johnny Manziel.

Attn: Duke CFB GAF

Laura Keeley ‏@laurakeeley 2h
. @Hawk_Esq Anthony Boone will start, like he did last year, and Thomas Sirk will back him up. #Duke does have depth at QB

#Duke QB Brandon Connette's desire to transfer stems from a desire to be closer to his mom, who had brain surgery in Dec.

confirming @JFowlerCBS's report that #Duke QB Brandon Connette is exploring a transfer to a West Coast school. already graduated

For non-Duke followers, Connette would come and run the offense on short yardage or -and-goal situations. Like, mostly run.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Just wait 'till Saban hires Daniel Moore as a GA... Woof-Woof and sister fuckers will be sorry you started this shit.
Yeah, but by the time the recruit would have gotten the finished product he would already be enrolled somewhere.

http://www.ruckmakers.com/ethical-limitations-classroom-reporting/

And that article pretty much summarizes my take on the latest 'Julie Hermann' fiasco. It's a non-issue that's the product of a dying paper trying to engage in hypocritical gotcha journalism.

I have no problem with Hermann's comments about the Star Ledger. Anyone could easily tell it was something meant in jest. Still, even if it wasn't meant in jest, it was something said in a confidential setting. It's the product of an AD venting about a newspaper and its reporters who have been calling for her head since Day 1. The indignation from the Ledger is hypocritical at best.

Draxal

And that article pretty much summarizes my take on the latest 'Julie Hermann' fiasco. It's a non-issue that's the product of a dying paper trying to engage in hypocritical gotcha journalism.

I have no problem with Hermann's comments about the Star Ledger. Anyone could easily tell it was something meant in jest. Still, even if it wasn't meant in jest. It was something said in a confidential setting that's the product of an AD venting about a newspaper and its reporters who have been calling for her head since Day 1. The indignation from the Ledger is hypocritical at best.

Ayup, Hermann hating the Ledger is no surprise. Politi's a disaster who is upset that he didn't break the Rice story instead of Espn.

Draxal

I have no problem with Hermann's comments about the Star Ledger. Anyone could easily tell it was something meant in jest. Still, even if it wasn't meant in jest, it was something said in a confidential setting. It's the product of an AD venting about a newspaper and its reporters who have been calling for her head since Day 1. The indignation from the Ledger is hypocritical at best.

Luicci was just hired by Rutgers. there's no shot of this happening with Politi.

This part is hilarious:
Whatever the minimum of necessary paperwork to absolve a player of improper benefits received is, it's not a problem. A title for a moderately priced SUV can be created in a relative's name, as can a receipt of sale for a reasonable price.

"Hey, how'd he get that ride? His uncle bought it. How did his uncle buy it? Paid cash. Paid cash, how'd he do that? Shit, we don't know, but here's the receipt where he paid cash, and now y'all ain't got shit. Go tell the NCAA you think we're cheating because this kid's uncle bought him a used Tahoe in cash, you racist."

tokkun

You really agree with this?

And, mostly, I have an issue with someone shaming his or her own University, not thoroughly thinking through what the broader ramifications of his or her actions are.

Arguments are pretty reminiscient of those given for the Mitt Romney "48%" leak, imo.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
The author went to Ole Miss. The story about the supposed Signing Day Eve setup makes me think of the Chris Jones recruitment.

Lonestar

DGB isn't getting charged, but not because he didn't do anything wrong, but the victim isn't pressing charges.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Our backup QB Brandon Connette who was a big part of our redzone package is transferring to be back home on the west coast. His mother had a brain tumor removed right before the bowl game and her health is touch and go. I hope he can find a good school somewhere close.

Guileless

I know Tennessee has been shit lately, but don't forget about Vandy.

Well played.

Seriously though, Vandy doesn't have boosters like the guy in the article. They don't care enough, which reflects well on Vandy, except when you want to watch SEC football in a Vandy dorm common room and the residents demand to watch the World Series.

Draxal

Well played.

Seriously though, Vandy doesn't have boosters like the guy in the article. They don't care enough, which reflects well on Vandy, except when you want to watch SEC football in a Vandy dorm common room and the residents demand to watch the World Series.

They do. Franklin's salary wasn't 1 million but reputed to be in the 4.5 million range at Vandy.

And on Franklin, I do kinda admire his chutzpah

Franklin said New Jersey is vital to Penn State's recruiting efforts. He said it's always been Penn State country and that he and his staff are committed to the Garden State.

He said that in a teleconference where Kyle Flood was a participant. Man if I was Flood, my blood would be boiling.

devilhawk

Solid week for Missouri.

One athlete getting kicked off the team for trying to ram another teammates car off the road after a restraining order had been put out on him by said teammate. Now star WR breaks in and assaults two women including his girlfriend who he threw down flights of stairs.

andycapps

Any word yet on if Dillon Lee has been off the team since the bowl game?

University of Alabama junior outside linebacker Dillon Lee was arrested Thursday on charges of Driving Under the Influence by the Tuscaloosa Police Department.

Lee was released on $1,000 bond.

Lee played in all 13 games in 2013 and recorded 16 tackles and two quarterback hurries. He is competing for a starting job at outside linebacker.

Alabama coach Nick Saban released the following statement: "I don't have all of the details at this point and will handle it appropriately once I've had a chance to review all of the information."

His freshman year, Lee was one of two players sent home from the BCS National Championship Game in Miami for a violation of team rules.

Solid week for Missouri.

One athlete getting kicked off the team for trying to ram another teammates car off the road after a restraining order had been put out on him by said teammate. Now star WR breaks in and assaults two women including his girlfriend who he threw down flights of stairs.
Yes yes keep imploding so UCF can exact some revenge from the last meeting.

Guileless

They do. Franklin's salary wasn't 1 million but reputed to be in the 4.5 million range at Vandy.

Vandy's endowment is huge and they can pay as high a salary as they want, but they don't have boosters hanging around places like Okolona, MS willing to do the dirty work portrayed in this article to sway recruits.

Did Vandy boosters kill the rape story? I know it died but I never heard why.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom