• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB Offseason 2014: The Spartans End a B1G Case of Wiscy Dick, Cold Pizza for Victims

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
The NCAA Playing Rules Oversight Panel, which met via conference call Wednesday, approved a new football rule to better protect passers from low contact at or below the knee.

The rule specifically covers a scenario in which a quarterback is in a passing posture with one or both feet on the ground. In that situation, no defensive player rushing unabated can hit him forcibly at or below the knee. The defensive player also may not initiate a roll or lunge and forcibly hit the quarterback in the knee area or below.

Exceptions for these types of hits occur when:

the passer becomes a runner, either inside or outside the tackle box;
the defender grabs or wraps the passer in an attempt to make a conventional tackle;
the defender is not rushing unabated or is blocked or fouled into the passer.
A violation of this rule applies when defenders are rushing unabated to the quarterback, and it will result in a 15-yard roughing the passer penalty.

jTnv6ij1ACK62.jpg

That is now the only place you can hit a QB. Note, you can't lead with your helmet here either.

I would go lower, but you know that on hits at the waist, the refs will believe that's at the knee.

So Illinois is Indiana now?

BlYlAupCUAA6apI.jpg
It's ok, we're going to suck for another dozen years anyway. Then, after the sucking is over, we bring back the Chief logo!

Yeah right

The white helmets look pretty neat, hopefully they just stick with those. The good news is that they took this opportunity to un-fuck the basketball uniforms back to something semi-normal. Hurray!

It's ok, we're going to suck for another dozen years anyway. Then, after the sucking is over, we bring back the Chief logo!

Yeah right

The white helmets look pretty neat, hopefully they just stick with those. The good news is that they took this opportunity to un-fuck the basketball uniforms back to something semi-normal. Hurray!

BlYj7wjCEAAKqtX.jpg

Look more orange there.

Yeah, they tweaked the shade of orange a little (but the football orange never really looked that good anyway), but it's still orange. Just some weird color correction on that top photo I think.

Talon

Yeah, they tweaked the shade of orange a little (but the football orange never really looked that good anyway), but it's still orange. Just some weird color correction on that top photo I think.
Yeah, it's a more metallic orange that looks red because a) the camera that took it sucked and b) we all use shitty monitors.

Tamanon

Banned
I found the food rule thing weird. I mean my school has unlimited meals at certain mess halls if you're on the food program. Not sure how that couldn't easily translate to athlete coverage.

pxleyes

Banned
The helmets have a 'texture' to them. It looks like the stickers are going to fall off like the glow-in-the-dark stars you put on the ceiling.

cdyhybrid

Not a fan of the shoulders being a different color than the rest of the jersey.

Meh, whatever. Win games.

I will burn this motherfucker down if they get rid of the gold chrome helmets, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom