• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB Offseason 2014: The Spartans End a B1G Case of Wiscy Dick, Cold Pizza for Victims

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
hey, fighting off laughs for people proposing at a stadium, apparently a thing that's never happened before.

There isn't any photographic evidence indicating a 1000+ attendance that I've seen. Current evidence supports the twitter post. If the other half of the stadium is more packed, then I'll change my opinion
Give me a break. I'm going to assume I'm being trolled now. The entire game is available on highlight reels and on ESPN3. You aren't trying very hard.

Edit: For what it's worth also, close to a hundred recruits were in attendance with their families.

Give me a break. I'm going to assume I'm being trolled now. The entire game is available on highlight reels and on ESPN3. You aren't trying very hard.

Edit: For what it's worth also, close to a hundred recruits were in attendance with their families.

To be fair that would subject us to watching the equivalent of fuckball in bball: The triple option.

Lonestar

So basically 100 actual fans, the rest were recruits and families. Gotcha. Nice work, everyone, seems like we got this one correct.

So basically 100 actual fans, the rest were recruits and families. Gotcha. Nice work, everyone, seems like we got this one correct.
A spokesman from GT confirmed with Jeremy Fowler that there was around 2000 at the game. What would a GT spokesman know though? Certainly not as much as a random UGA fan with a twitter account.

The 117 who actually showed? Are you saying the GT spokesman was quoting ticket sales instead of actual attendance? Seems like a weird strategy for a game where tickets weren't even sold.

Saying he likely made up the number so he didnt have to admit that only a 103 showed.

I dont know if you know alot about college football spring games, im an expert, but theres a lot of sham if youre under 1500 people.

Saying he likely made up the number so he didnt have to admit that only a 103 showed.

I dont know if you know alot about college football spring games, im an expert, but theres a lot of sham if youre under 1500 people.
Lol. Ok expert. I'll still take their word and the word of friends who attended the game over yours. GT usually gets around 8k-10k with the terrible weather this year we only got around 1.5k-2k. It's not great or even good by any means but not nearly as bad as some are trying to pretend it was.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
I heard on the local radio here that there were only 117 fans at Georgia Tech's spring game, but that 100 of those were recruits and their family! What a disgrace! You'd expect something like that out of a lower-tier team like Central Florida, but Georgia Tech is an ACC team. This is why we need a system of relegation.

Lol. Ok expert. I'll still take their word and the word of friends who attended the game over yours. GT usually gets around 8k-10k with the terrible weather this year we only got around 1.5k-2k. It's not great or even good by any means but not nearly as bad as some are trying to pretend it was.

8-10k?! What is this D2?

Talon

I hear Paul Johnson thinks that the triple option is way too modern, so they're going to start running exclusively the veer.

That doesn't mean they'll stop recruiting wide receivers, though!

Lonestar

There were more people in the stands at Alabama this weekend.

Then Blake Sims threw a pass.

Mistakes were made.

Lives...

...were lost.

badpunt.gif

Warchant.com ‏@Warchant 10m
Per an open records request, FSU's expenses for the BCS Championship were $2,820,613 and revenues were $2,339,400

Not sure how relevant or accurate the revenue amount is, though. I'm taking this revenue figure as FSU's split of the bowl game payout, which gets me to my point. The ACC shares bowl game revenue between the schools, so the BCS revenue was spread out, but so was the revenue from the other 10 bowls (including another BCS bowl [Clemson]) that ACC teams were involved in.

Edit: http://www.tallahassee.com/article/...erm-payoff-from-BCS-title-game?nclick_check=1

This story puts a more complete perspective in place.

But the university’s summary of institutional bowl expenses notes that the university “will more than cover the excess expenses” when other financials are accounted, including:

■ Florida State’s share of the cumulative bowl revenue, which is split among football-playing member institutions;

■ Licensing and trademark revenue related to national championship merchandise;

■ And increases in season ticket sales and Seminole Boosters contributions.

Lonestar

most of the big conferences are setup that way. All the bowl "earnings" are thrown into a pot, divided into a certain amount of shares, and given out.

I want to say there are shares that are divied up per each bowl game, and an extra share given to the conference team that was in that game, but it's still only marginally higher than the other schools.

For bowl games providing receipts that result in a balance of at least $6 million, the participating institution shall receive $1,825,000 ($1,925,000 if the SEC team is a participant in the BCS game that determines the national championship) plus a travel allowance as determined by the SEC Executive Committee. The remainder shall be remitted to the commissioner and will be divided into 13 equal shares, with one share to the conference and one share to each member institution.
http://wap.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1209163

This is stating the same thing:
In that case, the participating team receives $1.875 million before the remainder of the bowl payout is divided into 15 equal shares, with one share to each of the 14 SEC conferences and one share to the conference itself. For the national championship, the participating team receives $1.975 million prior to the split into 15 equal shares. Participating teams also receive a travel allowance determined by the SEC.
http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2013/12/09/college-football-bowl-season-means-big-payday-for.aspx

most of the big conferences are setup that way. All the bowl "earnings" are thrown into a pot, divided into a certain amount of shares, and given out.

I want to say there are shares that are divied up per each bowl game, and an extra share given to the conference team that was in that game, but it's still only marginally higher than the other schools.

http://wap.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1209163

This is stating the same thing:

http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2013/12/09/college-football-bowl-season-means-big-payday-for.aspx
Yeah we technically lost a few million on the Fiesta Bowl. But after bowl distribution from the conference, etc. it looks a lot better.

Plus the exposure pays for itself.

Edit: And lol Indiana buys out their USF series just to replace them with FIU.

Draxal

Any RU fans want to weigh in on this?

http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/i...dont_seem_to_give_back_to_the_university.html

Kind of pisses me off because RU got awarded a bullshit welfare check and this AD is still bitching. Also saying she wishes they can take away the 10k student seats lol.

Fucking hell this system sucks so bad especially when there are better run programs without massive political baggage that continually get fucked over.

Oh yeah, this is late to the party.

I think there’s that, plus there was literally no love lost between ESPN and my predecessor, for many reasons. I think given the opportunity to roll tape, and given the opportunity to tear him apart, they weren’t going to miss that opportunity. A lot of people, right or wrong, blame Tim (Pernetti) for busting up the Big East. Which kind of started with his dialogue about needing to turn down the deal with ESPN with the Big East. So there was a massive war between those guys. Was it worse because of that? I don’t know. I mean, did you know about all that? I don’t know if it was worse.””

Rutgers killed the Big East!

Come on now, I'm sure more Ole Miss fans showed up than that. 1.5-2k at least.

Pot, kettle... oh you get the idea.
GT will never be all that great at football. We just aren't that kind of school. But at least we don't spend the entire regular season every year pretending to be good against lackluster competition only to be embarrassed at the end of the year.

Talon

So far, Talon is a ____ fan.

UGA
Ga Tech (smh Andy)
Oregon
Alabama
Ohio State (only a Michigan fan would say that)
Tennessee

I'm a black box!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom