• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB Offseason 2014: The Spartans End a B1G Case of Wiscy Dick, Cold Pizza for Victims

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got it on. Not seeing Blake being a starter, not with this being a no qb tackle game. Bateman has a nice arm, and it's too hard to tell if it's a good defensive line or poor offensive line.

I feel the same about Blake. I've always thought he should be a RB or WR or something but I did read something about him putting up good numbers in the other scrimmages.

And it looks like the kicking is still horrible :(

cdyhybrid

I woke up before 2pm on a weekend.

Let's get dangerous.

Spring game is in an hour and 20 minutes but the weather is looking pretty crappy :(

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
ESPN stream is garbage, I haven't seen a single play during the second quarter because it cuts out when the play starts. Starts back up while they line up then cuts out again.

Oh boy, I saw a punt! Finally, a play!

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
It's breaking up a lot on espnu too

Though, having a bright house cable guy show up and disconnect everything, because he got the wrong address (2 houses down, dickhead) didn't help.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, it has been better. OL still looks rough and I'm not impressed by either QB, Bateman looks better than Sims to me though.

Lonestar

Passing game seems miserable, but a lot of it is because cooper, White and c jones are stuck out there with Blake throwing it. Those are our 3 best wr's.

Branduil

Point taken.

Hey, Washington has new uniforms! Please be excited.

New-Washington-Football-Uniforms-2.jpg

I really can't wait for this era of "futuristic" uniforms to end.

These aren't the worst but the leotard look sucks. Switch the pants around and it would look so much better.

Also, no team should have three different helmets.

Draxal

Any RU fans want to weigh in on this?

http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/i...dont_seem_to_give_back_to_the_university.html

Kind of pisses me off because RU got awarded a bullshit welfare check and this AD is still bitching. Also saying she wishes they can take away the 10k student seats lol.

Fucking hell this system sucks so bad especially when there are better run programs without massive political baggage that continually get fucked over.

If you had NJ.com and the star ledger covering you, UCF would have to fire George O'Leary after Plancher's death.

Count your blessings.

If you had NJ.com and the star ledger covering you, UCF would have to fire George O'Leary after Plancher's death.

Count your blessings.
These are quotes, though.

And down in Orlando, we've had the Orlando Sentinel, the city of Orlando and Florida Citrus Sports all working against us and shilling for UF and other programs.

Part of the reason why we had to make a choice and leave the Citrus Bowl. We've finally in the past couple years or so started getting significant good coverage in the local media.

Draxal

These are quotes, though.

And down in Orlando, we've had the Orlando Sentinel, the city of Orlando and Florida Citrus Sports all working against us and shilling for UF and other programs.

Part of the reason why we had to make a choice and leave the Citrus Bowl. We've finally in the past couple years or so started getting significant good coverage in the local media.

Its to a journalism class, that she thought was off the record. And to be fair to our football players, most of them haven't hit bank, and the ones that have had donated, I'm wondering if that was more of a Ville response as Ville's players have had more financial impact on the NFL.

Star Ledger although the NJ media, is part of the NYC media circle jerk that always pats their back and guards their own. I mean its why the BIG came here, but the NYC media dwarves every other media outlet there is.

Count your blessings.

Bingo!

It's completely mind numbing that the biggest newspaper in the state does all it can to bash and discredit the ONLY NCAA 1A Football school in the State.

Any RU fans want to weigh in on this?

http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/i...dont_seem_to_give_back_to_the_university.html

Kind of pisses me off because RU got awarded a bullshit welfare check and this AD is still bitching. Also saying she wishes they can take away the 10k student seats lol.

Fucking hell this system sucks so bad especially when there are better run programs without massive political baggage that continually get fucked over.

You're the fourth most popular football playing school in a populous state. Rutgers is the only football playing school in a populous state.

It doesn't matter what type of program you run with those numbers. You are always going to lose to Rutgers in the game of value . It doesn't matter if you win a bunch of championships in basketball, you will still fucking lose. And lose hard. None of your hard work matters against the demographics. Deal with it.

If you want to fucking bitch about schools like you like to do about Rutgers, look at culprits that make sense for your gripes. Like Wake Forest. That's a school you have more value than in the field of athletics, but they are in the club, and not getting kicked out any time soon.

Really, I just don't see how anyone can see it as "bitching" when an AD is defending keeping Olympic sports by pointing out how those folks give more to the institution than revenue teams do.

117 fans showed up for GA Tech's spring game tonight. It was raining, but still, 117.
There was actually between 1500 and 2000 people there which was more than I expected. Most nestled under the rafters trying to keep dry. The 117 number was made up by a UGA fan on Twitter. Personally, im not sure why they didn't call the game off. Pouring down rain all night, cold temperatures, key starters not playing, and it was already on Good Friday. The whole thing was a little pointless and we are lucky no one got injured.

Lonestar

maxresdefault.jpg

Gotta get dat ACCACCAAC up in heyuh

april-10-2013-augusta-georgia-u-s-on-bended-knee-58519.jpg

SPORT COLLUSION!

grandmaphotobombsmall.jpg

Grandma's had enough of these bullshit wedding proposals.

Lonestar

Was hard to decide on what I was going to do. Was just going to put a Tennessee logo/person in the ring, but I felt like a Giant Elbow Drop into the stadium would be better (though, getting as much of the edge right, using only MS Paint and my skillz as an artist, was a challenge)

Lonestar

117 fans showed up for GA Tech's spring game tonight. It was raining, but still, 117.

There was actually between 1500 and 2000 people there which was more than I expected. Most nestled under the rafters trying to keep dry. The 117 number was made up by a UGA fan on Twitter. Personally, im not sure why they didn't call the game off. Pouring down rain all night, cold temperatures, key starters not playing, and it was already on Good Friday. The whole thing was a little pointless and we are lucky no one got injured.

BlwTLuoCcAAP645.jpg

I don't know, that looks closer to 117 to me.
I'd say 200-300 in that picture, so maybe there's more on "this" side of the stadium.

Talon

Was hard to decide on what I was going to do. Was just going to put a Tennessee logo/person in the ring, but I felt like a Giant Elbow Drop into the stadium would be better (though, getting as much of the edge right, using only MS Paint and my skillz as an artist, was a challenge)
If this doesn't make the season opening OP, I quit this thread!

You're the fourth most popular football playing school in a populous state. Rutgers is the only football playing school in a populous state.

It doesn't matter what type of program you run with those numbers. You are always going to lose to Rutgers in the game of value . It doesn't matter if you win a bunch of championships in basketball, you will still fucking lose. And lose hard. None of your hard work matters against the demographics. Deal with it.

If you want to fucking bitch about schools like you like to do about Rutgers, look at culprits that make sense for your gripes. Like Wake Forest. That's a school you have more value than in the field of athletics, but they are in the club, and not getting kicked out any time soon.

Really, I just don't see how anyone can see it as "bitching" when an AD is defending keeping Olympic sports by pointing out how those folks give more to the institution than revenue teams do.
Your value is only your location, though and I guess time. Do that many people actually care about RU football in NY/NJ? You were selected because you can "claim" the NY TV market whether or not anyone actually watches the program play - which allowed the Big 10 to get that extra money from the networks.

Just because the Olympic athletes donate at a higher rate, does not mean the current programs are sustainable. Clearly they are not despite their donations and it is clearly causing a strain keeping those programs running. Probably doesn't help RU has sucked terribly for the better part in 100 years in football as the only player in town, therefore never really producing that many quality athletes to be able to give back anyway.

Let's not pretend that this value was grown by anything other than a lucky draw. Which is why this model of CFB will be unsustainable I think. If it's not a bubble of popularity, it'll be a lawsuit that will happen that will blow up this model.

And don't worry, I bitch about the others too. You're just more fun. :)

BlwTLuoCcAAP645.jpg

I don't know, that looks closer to 117 to me.
I'd say 200-300 in that picture, so maybe there's more on "this" side of the stadium.
Look above the lower seats in that picture. What you will see is everyone crowded underneath the over hanging upper deck trying to stay dry. It was that way around the whole stadium aside from the few who actually went down to the seats and voluntarily got drenched all night. There was far more than 117 people there but if some random idiot UGA fan on twitter seems more believable to you then more power to you.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
These are some solid pictures of the Bear that are just begging for captions and/or photoshopping:

paul-bear-bryant-100-years---forgotten-moments-8b1582c84380eb7b.jpg

paul-bear-bryant-100-years---forgotten-moments-46541bc3baef5318.jpg

paul-bear-bryant-100-years---forgotten-moments-c37c86c506a87127.jpg

paul-bear-bryant-100-years---forgotten-moments-85ced4f0500ba2b2.jpg

Lonestar

Look above the lower seats in that picture. What you will see is everyone crowded underneath the over hanging upper deck trying to stay dry. It was that way around the whole stadium aside from the few who actually went down to the seats and voluntarily got drenched all night. There was far more than 117 people there but if some random idiot UGA fan on twitter seems more believable to you then more power to you.

Yes, I saw them.

200-300 visible. Need more pictures to be sure.

I'm sure that it's hilarious that you're this offended by it.
Im not so much offended as I am annoyed by it. This number has come up on several blog posts and even the radio as a statement of fact. No one even bothered to check where it came from. That is how things work these days. People will believe any random no name on twitter if what they are saying makes them feel good.

Im not so much offended as I am annoyed by it. This number has come up on several blog posts and even the radio as a statement of fact. No one even bothered to check where it came from. That is how things work these days. People will believe any random no name on twitter if what they are saying makes them feel good.

There isn't any photographic evidence indicating a 1000+ attendance that I've seen. Current evidence supports the twitter post. If the other half of the stadium is more packed, then I'll change my opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom