• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB Offseason 2014: The Spartans End a B1G Case of Wiscy Dick, Cold Pizza for Victims

Status
Not open for further replies.

Talon

I always thought you were a Longhorn fan. Most people are until Mack doesn't offer.

Well he does play qb and Mack did offer him as a Will.
It's true. He said, "Son, I know you're a pretty good QB, but your complexion makes me think that you might be better at a defensive position."
I honestly never could figure out what school Talon was a fan of.
Equal opportunity hater.

Oh man, Washington's new helmet...

13903381962_84d2556f16_o.png

It appears Washington has hit its ceiling.

Tamanon

Banned
Speaking of rivalries, I'm pretty sure my grandparents had an old plot to pit my brother and I against each other when we were young.

One Christmas they gave us matching Auburn/Alabama sweatpants. The next Christmas they gave us South Carolina/Clemson sweaters. I think they wanted a fight.

Talon

Speaking of rivalries, I'm pretty sure my grandparents had an old plot to pit my brother and I against each other when we were young.

One Christmas they gave us matching Auburn/Alabama sweatpants. The next Christmas they gave us South Carolina/Clemson sweaters. I think they wanted a fight.
This is awesome. I'm totally doing this.
Pretty sure that's just a mockup.
Naw, Nike PR said that it was to mimic the pacific northwest dew or winter or some shit like that.

Sarye

Any RU fans want to weigh in on this?

http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/i...dont_seem_to_give_back_to_the_university.html

Kind of pisses me off because RU got awarded a bullshit welfare check and this AD is still bitching. Also saying she wishes they can take away the 10k student seats lol.

Fucking hell this system sucks so bad especially when there are better run programs without massive political baggage that continually get fucked over.

GoldenEye, her quotes were taken out of context. You have to realize that the NJ media loves to crucify Rutgers... It happened to the past 2 ADs as well.

The question asked to her was essentially how do you balance an Athletic Department's budget.. do you cut more sports? and her response is verbatim...

"They cut sports 5-6 years ago and it was a political bomb. And fundraising revenues plummeted at the university.
Because, some of the people most committed to the institution are people who got to play here. And often not football players. They don't seem to give back. What's up with those guys?

But rowers and fencers and swimmers can go out, become physicians and write big checks back. So it's tough, the debate about whether you cut anymore sports. Given who Rutgers is, we should sponsor a lot of sports. We're in a diverse part of the country so we should provide as many sporting opportunities as possible. But not on the taxpayers back and not on your [Rutgers students] back."

Her point is that cutting sports is actually detrimental to the budget because the students in those sports typically donate more compared to our football counterparts. How it turned into a whine of how our football players should donate more I don't know.

AntoneM

All this Jersey Shore drama remind me of the fact that more ASU alumni are currently in MLB than any other school but we get shit for donations from them and we fans constantly complain.

Just saying.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
SEC team specific SECTV ads

Ranked in some fashion.

Enjoy the Tree Cult.

South Carolina's should be dead last. Their history is apparently German Techno beats.

Though, UK and Vandy's are about Basketball, so they defaulted to the bottom.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
The lady in the Tennessee add should be arrested for verbally battering that poor, comatose child.

Lonestar

Though, Honestly, Tennessee's is pretty bad, when their history is of a single mother torturing her infant spawn.

andycapps

I don't know, that Arkansas one is pretty bad.

What the hell is with the start of this Mizzou one? I'm disappointed that A&M doesn't have any crotch grabbing in their video.

Lonestar

So:
Kentucky Basketball light shows
Vandy: We surprise ourselves with how good our basketball is
Ole Miss: WOO, TAILGATING
South Carolina: MUZAK IS GOOD FOR US COCKS (complete with a pulsating "Take it All In" slogan at the end ;P )
Florida: RIGHT HAND OVER LEFT, YOU DUMBARSE [/throwspisscup]
Georgia: MAH GAWD A FRESHMAN
Arkansas: our kansians like pigs
LSU: Will Smith presents: CAGED MANGY TIGERS ft. a marching band's horn section
Missouri: Barbour Shop Quartet accidentally misspells Missouri, no one notices and continues to run with it.
A&M: Dogs no longer need transcripts to go to college classes
Auburn: One Matchstick away from being Sherman'd
Tennessee: AROUUUUUUUUGHSGHSDOjGH BABY SEED WILL BE STRONGTHEWORLDWILLDIEROCKYTOPBWHAAAAAAAAAAAABBLE
Miss State: Nope, never heard of this thing called "football". Nope [/clangaclangaclanga]
Alabama: Dammit, God, quiet down, Bear's talking.

andycapps

Yeah, I dont mind our high profile games being night games, but I like the noon/330 ones so I can get back from the game in time to watch the good night games.

I hate noon games, but 3:30 and prime time are best to me.

Not sure if mentioned here already, but Slive has said that all 14 teams will have a game on ESPNSEC within the first month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom