• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB Offseason 2014: The Spartans End a B1G Case of Wiscy Dick, Cold Pizza for Victims

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draxal

Btw, I know this is old news to the Bama fans here, but you got Minkah Fitzpatrick the number one prospect out of NJ this year.

Came from the same high school as Will Hill. who's facing suspension by the NFL for drug abuse yet again. (and only reason I brought this up).

Btw, I know this is old news to the Bama fans here, but you got Minkah Fitzpatrick the number one prospect out of NJ this year.

Came from the same high school as Will Hill. who's facing suspension by the NFL for drug abuse yet again. (and only reason I brought this up).

Suddenly, he's now on The U's radar

Talon

robo1opt.gif
I am mesmerized by this gif. Is he wearing a butt pad? Did he hump the air at the end?

Is he related to these guys?
aqBfOp-gVoPBMYq9o2qzqbqR6GwzjfVx1Vtaw6Q0_lJnKBJXiEGet6JsvYvs5JIe2mcpvL0KG2l15We2p6l7QOc7nh-wgNTOxVTJEcSIRGb4uzH3DzwGpKNEwIFYwgBB=s0-d-e1-ft

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
I guess the SEC Network will be covering the Grove tailgating scene with live shots. I would've been ok with like one shot of football action.

andycapps

That UC game is actually at 6pm, wtf is a 6pm start? Like we're ga tech or something

Next thing you'll be playing on a Thursday or Friday night.

Can we talk about how happy I am that Georgia Tech is getting all this negative attention right now in this thread? I feel like a proud dad, and now I'm able to relax and don't even have to partake. Just sit back in my easy chair and watch.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Not a bad run, but that was helped by some piss poor special teams play Texas. Those guys were just going through the motions and were taken completely off guard by the fake.

It actually wasn't even a fake, which is probably what "threw off" the defenders. Tech blew the blocking assignments and when our punter realized he was going to get mauled he took off. None of our blockers showed fake (since it wasn't) so none of the defenders read fake.

If you saw it live, from the various camera angles they showed, it was pretty clear that a lot of Tech's blockers didn't know what was going on for a little while and a few guys kept turning around to see what was happening. They later showed a clip of our head coach and special teams coach during and directly after the play and you could see the "what just happened" conversation going on as they celebrated.

Enron

Banned
Next thing you'll be playing on a Thursday or Friday night.

Can we talk about how happy I am that Georgia Tech is getting all this negative attention right now in this thread? I feel like a proud dad, and now I'm able to relax and don't even have to partake. Just sit back in my easy chair and watch.

I motherfucking hate Ga Tech and their shitty Thursday Night games. I always forget they are fucking playing on thursday night and I go to the office that day, and it takes me 2 goddamned hours to get home from the Cumberland Parkway area because I get off on 10th or 14th Street to get back to the house.

Maybe this year it won't be a problem, though, judging from the looks of that Spring Game loool.

andycapps

I motherfucking hate Ga Tech and their shitty Thursday Night games. I always forget they are fucking playing on thursday night and I go to the office that day, and it takes me 2 goddamned hours to get home from the Cumberland Parkway area because I get off on 10th or 14th Street to get back to the house.

Maybe this year it won't be a problem, though, judging from the looks of that Spring Game loool.

Sounds like you need to get a copy of their football schedule so you can plan accordingly.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
We should just fill the roster with QBs. What could go wrong.

QB's and Jack LB's, what, me worry?

I think Cooper Bateman could do alright. Solid arm, and he'd actually throw to the best 3 WR's on the team, unlike the A-Day game, where those guys were wasted being stuck with Simms. I think David Cornwell could be the starter, if he came back from the knee injury completely, and if there was no Jacob Coker.

On this Kelly kid, who knows what's really going on. Do I want him on the team? No. Do I have a say? No. Will I change my mind if he plays as good as his uncle? Yes. Does GT have more than 117 fans? Time will tell.

Former LSU Olinemen T-Bob Hebert doing an AMA

About what happened at the 2011 National Championship against Alabama:
I don't think your going to like what I have to say, however it is the honest truth. Nothing out of the ordinary happened the night before the game. I understand why it seems like that absolutely cannot be the case. We beat 9 ranked teams, we beat the Orange Bowl, Rose Bowl, and National Champions that year. We won every game by at least 10 points with the exception of Alabama and nine of those came against ranked teams. We set school records for largest margin of victory against multiple SEC opponents. Had we won the National Championship we could have arguably been considered the greatest team of all time. How in the WORLD do you go from this to not even crossing the 50 yard line??? I do not know. Yes, Alabama had the best defense I have ever played against (I think almost two deep played in the NFL) but that is still no excuse for not being able to do anything. There must be a reason… and on the surface there appears to be one. Because we suffered this terrible loss, combined with the drama with my Dad and Les Miles in the press conference after the game, and topped off that myself/Russell Shepard/Jarrett Lee didn't play a single down in that game rumors started to swirl that there had been drama in the week/night before the game. None of them are true. Me and Jordan never fought. I didn't stage a revolution to try to get anyone subbed in. I've heard a 100 different stories of what supposedly took place. Honestly, your guess is as good as mine. I went into that game fully expecting to play. I knew I wasn't starting anymore (got pulled the last four games following a personal foul against western kentucky) but in the other games I was still filling in at all the three interior positions as a rotator. The fact that I didn't play is still one of the most shameful points of my career. Everybody wanted to win the game. The coaches stood to gain nothing by losing and if I didn't play that means that they flat out didn't think I could help them win. That bugs the hell out of me because I think I had proven to them that wasn't the case but that apparently I was wrong. I didn't get to touch the field during my final college football game and I will never be able to get an opportunity like that back. It will always bug me but thats just life I guess. Losing the National Championship like we did was like watching a life time of work evaporate before my eyes. To work so hard and be so close to achieving literally every goal you had set and then to fail so spectacularly will annoy me for the rest of my life. But, all in all I take positive memories from LSU as I had some amazing and truly unforgettable experiences both at the school and in Tiger Stadium.

and he totally calls Kentucky the Krillen of the SEC (DBZ)

It won't be a problem because we don't play any Thursday night games this year.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
QB's and Jack LB's, what, me worry?

I think Cooper Bateman could do alright. Solid arm, and he'd actually throw to the best 3 WR's on the team, unlike the A-Day game, where those guys were wasted being stuck with Simms. I think David Cornwell could be the starter, if he came back from the knee injury completely, and if there was no Jacob Coker.

On this Kelly kid, who knows what's really going on. Do I want him on the team? No. Do I have a say? No. Will I change my mind if he plays as good as his uncle? Yes. Does GT have more than 117 fans? Time will tell.

Former LSU Olinemen T-Bob Hebert doing an AMA

About what happened at the 2011 National Championship against Alabama:

and he totally calls Kentucky the Krillen of the SEC (DBZ)
Blake Sims didn't look good on Saturday, but damned if he wasn't fucked by some shitty drops by his receivers. You can tell that all the talk about Sims wasn't just bullshit based upon the way Saban looked utterly disgusted at some of the throws he made. I don't think you get those looks when the coach expects you to screw up.

Bateman was a bit of a surprise, and I really hope Coker can come in and nail things down this summer.

Commercial? It was the fucking "welcome to Georgia Tech" address given to new students a year or two ago.
I know what it was and im fine with the speech itself. Georgia Tech trying to make it into some kind of brand with T-Shirts and commercials during every sporting event is what was annoying.

So 35 were members of the stadium staff. Sounds like a normal amount for a D1 Stadium.
Are we still Division 1? I thought we dropped down to High School level with our High School offense. Its ok though. UGA fans will still brag about beating us with the few unincarcerated players they will have at the game.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I'm going to have to agree, I haven't been to an Applebee's in a decade+. They still have that Hawaiian Steak? Not sure if that's what it was called, but it was something like that. It was good.

Wouldn't mind going to a TGIF. It's been 7 or 8 years.

Fuck Cheddars.

btw: is GAF dying?

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
I don't think I have seen the inside of an Applebees in the last 15 years. I eat out a lot too.
Bullshit.

I haven't eaten anywhere else OTHER than an Applebees in at least 20 years. Taking the family to Disney World this summer and you damn well know I made sure there was an Applebees there before agreeing to that trip.

Limedust

The only thing good to come out of Applebee's is the Blondie.

I prefer Chili's if I'm forced into casual family bar & grill dining... Triple Play with Boneless Buffalo Wings, Sliders, and Southwestern Eggrolls, and a 22oz Blue Moon.

The only thing good to come out of Applebee's is the Blondie.

I prefer Chili's if I'm forced into casual family bar & grill dining... Triple Play with Boneless Buffalo Wings, Sliders, and Southwestern Eggrolls, and a 22oz Blue Moon.

Southwestern eggrolls are God tier. Up there would also be their honey chipotle chicken crispers. Also, they need to bring back their awesome blossom with blossom sauce!

Waffle House?

Aren't Wafflehouse's a Georgia franchise? I bet yellowjacket25 hits that joint up daily

Enron

Banned
You seem like a guy who goes to Applebees a lot. No offense.

Listen to the Midtown snob talking down on the 'burb folk!

This Midtowner accepts you as you are, mre!!!

UGA fans will still brag about beating us with the few unincarcerated players they will have at the game.

Pretty rich that a 'Jacket is crowing about incarcerated players, when they can claim a drug dealer (Rueben Houston) and a murderer (Javaris Crittendon).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom