• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB Offseason 2014: The Spartans End a B1G Case of Wiscy Dick, Cold Pizza for Victims

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I've never shoplifted in my life, nor thought about how to "do it" until now, but...

Wouldn't part of the plan be to hide the item, perhaps inside your shirt/jacket/pants?

People actually just walk out with it while holding it up at chest level in plain site?

He's in there for maybe 3 minutes. Even if I run up to the store to grab a single item, it usually takes 5+ minutes (cause hey, gotta find it and oh yeah, pay for it)

I've never shoplifted in my life, nor thought about how to "do it" until now, but...

Wouldn't part of the plan be to hide the item, perhaps inside your shirt/jacket/pants?

People actually just walk out with it while holding it up at chest level in plain site?

Only entitled individuals who believe they are above the law. He thought since he was Jameis Winston he could get away with it, and Publix should have been honored that he chose that store to shoplift from.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
oh yeah, when he grabs the Infamous Legs, he turns around and cuts right in front of a girl with a cart.

No respect for Women.

and yes, the Banana section is dangerously low. Goddam stockboy.

andycapps

ooh, Juror's been debating for 8 hours on a verdict on Jim Donnan on that Ponzi scheme case. Sounds like they've called back in the lawyers for both sides. So, maybe something will be announced soon. Nevermind, the jury asked the Judge if they can go home and start again tomorrow, and that's what they're doing.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-on-college-football/24561055/current-and-former-coaches-testify-in-jim-donnan-fraud-trial

Hope Tubbs lost alot of money.

I hope Donnan rots in prison.

That video of Jameis is awesome. I couldn't tell if he still had the butter with him or not when he walked out.

4TWsYa0.png

Favorite thing in the world are all these sports beat writer schmucks always laughing after the coaches call them out on shit.

"hahahahahahaha tooo true coach!"

andycapps

Jim Donnan found not guilty on all 41 counts. Wut.

ATHENS — Former Georgia football coach Jim Donnan was found not guilty this afternoon on all 41 counts against him.

The U.S. District Court jury reached the verdict after just over 12 hours of deliberation over three days.

Donnan was facing 41 counts of conspiracy, mail fraud, wire fraud, money laundering and securities fraud, all related to what prosecutors had alleged was a fraudulent investment scheme.

On the way out of the courthouse, Donnan told reporters: “I feel vindicated, and I hope I can get my life back.”

Prosecutors alleged in the case that Donnan and another man, Greg Crabtree, ran a fraudulent investment scheme from 2007 through 2010, promising investors high rates of return from a West Virginia-based business, GLC Limited, that sold closeout merchandise. But the company sold relatively little merchandise and instead repaid early investors with the contributions of later investors in a Ponzi scheme, prosecutors told the jury.

Defense attorneys argued that Donnan was duped by Crabtree and thought GLC was a legitimate business and a great investment opportunity that he wanted to share with family members and friends. Among those investing in GLC through Donnan were high-profile football and basketball coaches, two of Donnan’s former Georgia players and wealthy businessmen, according to testimony.

Jury foreman Artis Ricks said, “Mr. Donnan was as big a victim in this as some of the investors.”

Ricks said the government did not prove its case against Donnan.

“I just never saw that smoking gun that proved his guilt,” he said.

“Certainly I was relieved,” Donnan said of the verdict, speaking outside of his lawyer’s office a few blocks from the courthouse.

“I feel like when I did find out what was going on, all I did was try to rectify a tough situation for everybody. All of us who made money tried our best to pay it back.”

GLC, which stood for Global Liquidation Center, filed for bankruptcy protection in 2011, as did Donnan. Investors wound up losing almost $23 million, prosecutors said.

GLC was founded by Crabtree, who was indicted along with Donnan. Crabtree avoided trial by pleading guilty to one count of conspiracy to commit fraud in the sale of a security. He faces up to five years in prison when sentenced in Athens on June 24.

Donnan’s attorney Ed Tolley said when he first started to practice law he was told not to get personally involved in cases. That wasn’t possible in this case, he said, because of his long relationship with Donnan.

“The verdict moved me, Tolley said. “I am so grateful.

“There is a fine line between people making a mistake and committing a crime,” Tolley said.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
So, it's kinda crazy that Texas A&M wants to add "The House that Johnny Built" to their stadium right?

I mean dude had a good career, but .... a Cotton Bowl win?

Just found out that the member of their board of regents who proposed the name change, Jim Schwertner, is a Texas Tech grad. Learned this fact from this letter to the editor in the Dallas Morning News -

Mike Hashimoto is correct in that an appointed member of the A&M Board of Regents suggested a new name for Kyle Field. What was not mentioned is that the regent is a 1974 graduate of Texas Tech and does not understand the traditions associated with Kyle Field.

Please do note that no Aggie or former student would make such a suggestion.

:jnc

andycapps

ESPN has a list of 16 teams that they think are contenders for the playoffs this year. Each day they're going to whittle it down, 8 teams, 4 teams, 2 teams, and a predicted winner.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Auburn Wartiglesmen
Baylor Bears
Clemson Tigers
Florida State Seminoles
Georgia Bulldogs
LSU Tigers
Michigan State Spartans
Ohio State Buckeyes
Oklahoma Sooners
Oregon Ducks
South Carolina Gamecocks
Stanford Cardinal
Texas A&M Aggies
UCLA Bruins
Wisconsin Badgers

ModBot is clearly a Rocky Top fan.

There's a commercial currently airing on LHN that plays on that premise. It seemingly takes place in a 3rd grade classroom and all the kids in the classroom are named "Vince". Do the math and those kids would have been born right after the national championship run in 2005. I imagine Peyton Manning was born during the time her same name twin was winning games at 10rc

andycapps

There's a commercial currently airing on LHN that plays on that premise. It seemingly takes place in a 3rd grade classroom and all the kids in the classroom are named "Vince". Do the math and those kids would have been born right after the national championship run in 2005. I imagine Peyton Manning was born during the time her same name twin was winning games at 10rc

True, I doubt Vince has had any kids named after him since 2005.

ESPN has a list of 16 teams that they think are contenders for the playoffs this year. Each day they're going to whittle it down, 8 teams, 4 teams, 2 teams, and a predicted winner.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Auburn Wartiglesmen
Baylor Bears
Clemson Tigers
Florida State Seminoles
Georgia Bulldogs
LSU Tigers
Michigan State Spartans
Ohio State Buckeyes
Oklahoma Sooners
Oregon Ducks
South Carolina Gamecocks
Stanford Cardinal
Texas A&M Aggies
UCLA Bruins
Wisconsin Badgers

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. -- Florida State has the best player in the country in quarterback Jameis Winston, who has managed to stay out of trouble for this entire month.

Baby steps. One foot in front of the other, etc.

andycapps

In Austin and among Texas fans he'll forever be an icon. Outside of that not so much. For whatever reason his magic didnt translate in the NFL. I guess the NFL playbook was too complex for him.

Something like that. Natural football abilities which carried him through a great college career, but not a high enough football IQ for the pros.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member

Alabama Crimson Tide
Auburn Wartiglesmen
Baylor Bears
Clemson Tigers
Florida State Seminoles
Georgia Bulldogs
LSU Tigers
Michigan State Spartans
Ohio State Buckeyes
Oklahoma Sooners
Oregon Ducks
South Carolina Gamecocks
Stanford Cardinal
Texas A&M Aggies
UCLA Bruins
Wisconsin Badgers

Imagine showing this to someone five years ago.

It wouldn't be all that different. The only really shocking ones would be Baylor and Stanford.

And perhaps the lack of Texas. Surely after just losing the 2009 national championship to Alabama the future still looks bright for the Longhorns. Garrett Gilbert looked decently poised for a freshman so the next 4 years should be on the upside.

Wouldn't be an offseason without a ridiculously themed SEC wedding, would it? The real question for me, is did they walk out to tune of Rocky Top or not?

Can you hire the Tennessee marching band? I know you can hire the USC marching band for everything from Weddings to Funerals.

UCLA? Um, way to misspell USC.
Texas A&M? What is this, fan fiction?
Florida State? They're finally back?
Clemson. Now I know you're trolling.

UCLA is the two time Pac 12 South Champions. USC is still recovering from sanctions and Lane Kiffin.
UCLA has Heisman Candidate Brett Hundley. USC has Seven win Steve.

I fail to see the problem here!

andycapps

Are we sure aTm should still be on the list?

They lost JFF and a bunch of other guys got drafted.

It's a top 16 list, so if they're on the top 8 list I'd be a lot more skeptical. They also lost Jake Matthews and Mike Evans. Those combined with JFF are reason enough for me to think they'll have a hard time even getting to 3rd in the SEC West.

Let's cut to the chase here. The list is going to end with Alabama in the top 2 vs Auburn or FSU.

Can you hire the Tennessee marching band? I know you can hire the USC marching band for everything from Weddings to Funerals.

You could, but the only song they know how to play is Rocky Top, so all you really need for that is a CD player.

cdyhybrid

It's a top 16 list, so if they're on the top 8 list I'd be a lot more skeptical. They also lost Jake Matthews and Mike Evans. Those combined with JFF are reason enough for me to think they'll have a hard time even getting to 3rd in the SEC West.

You could, but the only song they know how to play is Rocky Top, so all you really need for that is a CD player.

Yeah, I can't see them finishing ahead of any of the Bama/Auburn/LSU group.

Draxal

Yeah, I can't see them finishing ahead of any of the Bama/Auburn/LSU group.

A&M had another lineman that would of gone high in the first round if he declared; they're actually pretty well stocked even with all the draftees the last 2 years. And while I don't see them in top of Bama/Auburn/LSU, if they upset 2 of them they're in. Their SOS is that strong, which is what limits some of the non top 16 candidates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom