• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB Offseason 2014: The Spartans End a B1G Case of Wiscy Dick, Cold Pizza for Victims

Status
Not open for further replies.
Way to set a low bar for your team there, Bert.

I'm adopting a puppy in September so I've been watching a bunch of dog stuff on YouTube. Animal Planet has this series called Dogs 101 where they discuss dog breeds in depth and I've probably watched about two dozen of them.

On the one about bulldogs, they talked about Uga. Specifically Uga VII, who had just been coronated (or whatever Georgia does to welcome new Ugas) when it was filmed.

In the show, they kept saying things like, "Does this Uga have what it takes?"

Apparently not, since he was dead within a year.

HELMET.jpg

USC possibly going with shiny helmets next year?

ag-my001

Have they announced what kind of time frame the committee has between the final week (not counting Army - Navy) and the actual pick? I could see having time to actually talk it over* would be better than the current system of ignoring the west coast so that pollsters can go to sleep. Just this year we had the ridiculousness of UCF always being behind Louisville despite the head to head win, then randomly jumping ahead in the final poll when people finally realized it wasn't a fluke. Final polls usually get it right, but the week before had a habit of being ugly.

*so help me, this better be face to face and not a conference call.

I'm adopting a puppy in September so I've been watching a bunch of dog stuff on YouTube. Animal Planet has this series called Dogs 101 where they discuss dog breeds in depth and I've probably watched about two dozen of them.

On the one about bulldogs, they talked about Uga. Specifically Uga VII, who had just been coronated (or whatever Georgia does to welcome new Ugas) when it was filmed.

In the show, they kept saying things like, "Does this Uga have what it takes?"

Apparently not, since he was dead within a year.

Hey i just got a new puppy! Watched tons of dogs 101 too. Was going to get an Aussie but we decided on a golden instead:

M0LoCUj.jpg

Hey i just got a new puppy! Watched tons of dogs 101 too. Was going to get an Aussie but we decided on a golden instead:

M0LoCUj.jpg

Hahaha, Maurice? Was that chosen by CFB-GAF?

I'm getting a goldendoodle (golden retriever/poodle cross). The litter is only a week old, so there's not an awful lot to see yet, but the pup will probably look something like this:

4Sc1JBA.jpg

(That's a pup from the mother's previous litter.)

Sadly I lost the battle on all osu related names, his name is tucker

It's good that you went with a non-OSU name.

Jesus Christ, I have so many friends and relatives with pets named Brutus and Archie.

I haven't picked out my pup yet, but I do know that I'm getting a male, and his name is going to be Ike.

It's good that you went with a non-OSU name.

Jesus Christ, I have so many friends and relatives with pets named Brutus and Archie.

I haven't picked out my pup yet, but I do know that I'm getting a male, and his name is going to be Ike.

I wouldnt have, been i did tease her with it for weeks beforehand.

ag-my001

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=855136&page=1

Yes, this is the county I live and work in. I was a block away from the building in question at lunch today. I'd like to think the graffiti is a nice troll, but I know better. It's more than likely one off our lovable super republican members who thinks that anyone who doesn't want the tax rate and education funding to be zero is secretly a democrat agent. Luckily most of those commissioner candidates lost in the recent primary.

On topic: any good SEC quotes today?

cdyhybrid

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=855136&page=1

Yes, this is the county I live and work in. I was a block away from the building in question at lunch today. I'd like to think the graffiti is a nice troll, but I know better. It's more than likely one off our lovable super republican members who thinks that anyone who doesn't want the tax rate and education funding to be zero is secretly a democrat agent. Luckily most of those commissioner candidates lost in the recent primary.

On topic: any good SEC quotes today?

Poor Boston College, all those sicknesses going around. Must have had some close contact with the B1G.

andycapps

M0LoCUj.jpg
Goldens are great. My parents had a couple when I was growing up. They can be crazy as puppies though, but both of ours were past that when we got them.

Draxal

I should really stop "defending" Florida. I'm liable to get banned again.

It does get annoying how the South (Florida/Texas esp) is the only thing kosher to bash on this site. While you have to tread carefully on every other subject matter.

I blame our cal overlords who are tired of southern speed.

Allow me to remind you that Florida is it's own strange beast and not really part of the south. Too many transplants and snow birds.
Well central Florida and above is pretty southern. But below that and it's something else.
Hey now, I agreed with you, but this is too meta for us.

Just focus on beating those assholes from PSU in Ireland for me.

Oh yes. Still pissed I can't make it. I hear their O-Line is decimated. Hopefully we can exploit that. Our defense will be top 15-20 this year. BOOK IT!

Goldens are great. My parents had a couple when I was growing up. They can be crazy as puppies though, but both of ours were past that when we got them.

yeah, lets just say, he's lucky hes cute.....

Also totally saw a family all decked out in UGA gear at target on sunday.

andycapps

Well central Florida and above is pretty southern. But below that and it's something else.

That is true, it's just really hard for me to get past my irrational hatred for Florida. Understand it's nothing personal. And I totally feel you on the issue of people hating on the south because lol racism. Thing is, you're not going to convince anyone on GAF to change their mind about anything.

yeah, lets just say, he's lucky hes cute.....

Also totally saw a family all decked out in UGA gear at target on sunday.
Haha hang in there. They really are good dogs after they get past that horrible puppy phase. I've seen them tear up a lot of wooden chairs or doors just out of boredom or whatever their issue is.

The UGA family wasn't us, but I'm sure they're great people. ;p

Draxal

Oh yes. Still pissed I can't make it. I hear their O-Line is decimated. Hopefully we can exploit that. Our defense will be top 15-20 this year. BOOK IT!

Young and inexperienced with little depth. QB's really good, but I'm hoping you damage his psyche for a while (2 weeks exactly).

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Ocala is the tipping point. From there, the further south you go, the further north you are. Edit: until you reach Miami. Then you're in Cuba.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Ocala is the tipping point. From there, the further south you go, the further north you are. Edit: until you reach Miami. Then you're in Cuba.

What do the beach towns on either side of the state have to do with the north?

And the middle of the state is as southern as it comes all the way down to the tip of the penis.

Don't tell me that the towns around Lake Okeechobee are like any town outside of the rural south.

mre

What do the beach towns on either side of the state have to do with the north?

And the middle of the state is as southern as it comes all the way down to the tip of the penis.

Don't tell me that the towns around Lake Okeechobee are like any town outside of the rural south.
Yankee retirees.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Baseball has finally hit the stage.

The stage, where everyone that takes part in the homerun derby, is someone I've never heard of.

95% of the players that played when I semi followed baseball, are gone.

mre

Baseball has finally hit the stage.

The stage, where everyone that takes part in the homerun derby, is someone I've never heard of.

95% of the players that played when I semi followed baseball, are gone.
I knew 1 of 10: Jose Bautista.

Lonestar

I see Adam Jones, and I have a vague recollection of him.

Though, it might just be some other Adam Jones, since there's probably 150,000 Adam Jones' in America.

Lonestar

Andrus Jones or Andrew Jones? Or Andruw Jones?

The guy whose career lived on for a few years, solely for having an outstanding world series when he was a rookie.

That is true, it's just really hard for me to get past my irrational hatred for Florida. Understand it's nothing personal. And I totally feel you on the issue of people hating on the south because lol racism. Thing is, you're not going to convince anyone on GAF to change their mind about anything.

Haha hang in there. They really are good dogs after they get past that horrible puppy phase. I've seen them tear up a lot of wooden chairs or doors just out of boredom or whatever their issue is.
p

Right now we're real big fans of my arms and hands.

cdyhybrid

Noted Pac-12 Homer Jeff Sagarin's 2014 Pac-12 Strength of Schedule Rankings

Utah: 11th
Cal: 17th
USC: 29th
Washington State: 36th
Stanford: 42nd
Arizona and Oregon: tied for 49th
ASU: 52nd
UCLA and Oregon State: tied for 60th
Colorado: 66th
Washington: 77th

These are based on last year's W/L, so it obviously doesn't mean a ton. But it's something football related at least!

It's nice to have a manageable schedule this season instead of the consistent top-10 toughest we've had for most of the past decade+.

andycapps

Andrus Jones or Andrew Jones? Or Andruw Jones?

The guy whose career lived on for a few years, solely for having an outstanding world series when he was a rookie.

You must mean a different Andruw Jones than the one who was in the pros for 17 years and who won 10 Gold Gloves and was a 5 time All Star.

I only knew 3 of the players in the Home Run Derby, and I keep up with baseball decently. I know nothing about American League teams.

You must mean a different Andruw Jones than the one who was in the pros for 17 years and who won 10 Gold Gloves and was a 5 time All Star.

I only knew 3 of the players in the Home Run Derby, and I keep up with baseball decently. I know nothing about American League teams.

Mainly because its the inferior league, NL 4 life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom